[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else afraid of going to the same restaurant (or any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 3

File: 1476068332237.png (394KB, 657x360px) Image search: [Google]
1476068332237.png
394KB, 657x360px
Is anyone else afraid of going to the same restaurant (or any store really) too often because they might start to "know" you?
>>
No.
>>
There is a Japanese restaurant I go to and the manager knows me by name. He always comes and talks to me when I go there and always gives me something new to try on the house.
>>
File: 1471488213654.jpg (39KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471488213654.jpg
39KB, 600x600px
>>8185154
No way. In fact that's the best part. Being a regular at a diner is so comfy. It's like casual friendship when they know your name and you learn their's and the other regulars.
>>
>>8185163

I have a similar relationship with a local Indian.
>>
I go to this Thai place that's like half an hour away from me all the time when I'm home from school.
It's great that the owner/waiters recognize me because they usually know what I want lol
>>
No.

Fix your life.
>>
>>8185163
>>8185164
I know that's what it's like. I see regulars at some places I eat.

The thought of being one myself just makes me uncomfortable for some reason.
>>
>>8185154
>Is anyone else afraid of going to the same restaurant (or any store really) too often because they might start to "know" you?
A little bit bad, a little bit good. It's got that small town mentality kind of thing where bored lower IQ workers might judge you, or know your business too much through casual chitchat? Is that it?

For the most part, if you are a nice and polite person, being a regular isn't frowned upon. You can start to have a little circle of friends if you visit the same bar/restaurant, dine with the bartender, or get the best waitress who encourages you to stay (ie not busy times). You'll do something like get a To Go order if they are slammed. Go during happy hour not the family rush or later crowd. Dine in places closer for commuters, where more professionals dine, that kind of thing, better food, really, where the chef has pride in his work.

Stores? Cycle around. Don't be loyal too much if you feel like people watch your habits too closely, or cashiers are too personal with the commentary on your purchases. Draw a line in the sand for how you should be served, I guess. Act distracted, oh sorry, what did you say? And then just say something else before they can repeat it, and then get out of there. LOL. I'm just projecting now...dunno what your issue is, something antisocial, shy or just around people too familiar acting.
>>
>>8185186
Why do you think that is?
>>
>>8185154
Only about certain fast food places

A drive thru guy once said "Whats the matter with you, weren't you just here?"

I was there a week ago probably but he thought I was someone else. It still was kinda embarassing
>>
>>8185154
I'm not trying to be an asshat, but honestly, why would that thought enter your head? Do you really think it's that important what other people think of you? To me it indicates a serious issue with how you view yourself. The most important thing in life is to be comfortable with yourself, other people be damned.
>>
>judge you, or know your business too much through casual chitchat? Is that it?
nah
>being a regular isn't frowned upon
Why would it be? unless it's several times a week at a fast food place.

>>8185190
Don't really know. Maybe because when I eat outside, I usually do it just to get a change of pace and just leave everything else behind for a while.
I also hate routines for some reason. Now and again a voice in my head goes "fuck this!" and makes me take a different way home from work. Just to do something different
>>
The cashier at my school's Einstein's knows my name despite me never telling her.
Fuckin weird.
>>
>>8185154
I get 10% discount at my local pizzeria.
It feels pretty nice to come in and hear "hey there Anon, the usual?".
>>
>>8185232
>Do you really think it's that important what other people think of you?
Nah, not about that. And if anything, going to a restaurant often

>>8185238
She probably just ripped surveillance cam footage and ran your face through facial recognition services to find you on facebook.
>>
I know the owner of a few restaurants personally just from going there so often

Sometimes they give me free food
>>
>>8185186
I just bring a book with me and read while I eat.
>>
>>8185154
Yes

I do this with my lunch places. I buy lunch most days and I'm focused on my work, which really ruins my ability to make small talk. I just want to get my food and go. I hate it when employees start noticing me, it's like a fucking responsibility at that point. I tend to rotate them often so that I don't go to any one place too often. And if I feel like they're starting to know me, I'll avoid it for a while.

If I'm out to dinner tho, it'd be awesome if they knew me. Prolly get free food out of it.
>>
>>8185154
I went to the same cafe everyday because it's right next to the station near my job. After a while they learned my name to write on my order and I stopped going there.

Partly because the name I gave them wasn't actually mine (non-Anglo name, kind of a bitch to do the whole "what's your name, spell it" in a busy cafe during the morning rush) so that felt weird to be greeted by a fake name, but mostly because I couldn't justify convenience over their shit service anymore.

The place I go to now (near my home) is wonderful. After 3 days of ordering the same thing, the guy just sees me, and starts making it before I get to the register. All I do is hand him the money and I'm out the door.

I guess it'd get a bit awkward if I wanted something different, but I don't think I would that early in the morning.
>>
>>8185154
I used to show up at the same subway almost every single day at the sale odd hours and ask the same sandwich made the same way so they recognized me and made my sandwich
It was an awful time in my life wet I wasn't allowed to cook and had t sure give with very little Money
>>
>>8185238
She read your credit card?
>>
There's a Subway near my house that I go to a lot, but I wear disguises so they don't recognize me and I speak with different accents. I've got fake mustaches, fake beards, wigs, etc.
>>
>>8185154

Yes, it is a prime indicator that my fat ass is eating at the same place too much.

I find it embarrassing.
>>
>>8185890
Inspector Clouseau?
>>
Lots of regulars at the poutine shop I work at. Honestly they get better service. When we see the to go order from "that guy" it gets priority and the utmost care. So sometimes its worth the awkward.
>>
>>8185154
this is some next level autism
>>
>>8185154
How is this a thing?, I have no problem with people knowing me, in fact If I can use this in order to flirt with a cute girl working on the place it would be good.
>>
>>8185164
When the owner/waitress calls you by name an tells you your table is open. and coffee shows up without asking. Its like visiting a distant relative.
But lucky I have options if I wana be anon
>>
>>8185154
All the staff at my local grocer know me. Last week I went in to buy a steak. I found a beautiful filet mignon, but someone had forgotten to price it. I showed it to the meat counter guy and he slapped a $5.00 price tag on it. This was at least a $12.00 piece of meat.

TL:DR It pays to know the people you buy your food from.
>>
I can't stand being recognised, even if the person doesn't ask my name or bother with chit chat or anything. A few years ago I went to this amazing place and the people knew my name and we joked around and shit, and after a while it scared me off for life.

If I eat out I alternate the places carefully, making sure I remain indistinguishable. I would go to a different super market every week if it wasn't so inconvenient. I realise I'm a sperglord.
>>
Guys, it's not about interaction. It's about being fat. It's about knowing you're a fat shit because you've gone to a restaurant enough times that they recognize you.

>go to dairy queen
>$5 lunch time hell yeah
>let's get something different, ask for an oreo blizzard
>"Don't you usually get Heath?"
>stop going to that location for at least 2 months afterwards, hit up Subway instead and only order veggie subs with everything on them
>>
>>8185186
that's mild social anxiety
a lot of people have something similar and to varying degrees
not that big of a deal, it doesn't change your daily life in a negative way
try to push past it or just avoid what causes it, up to you
>>
I buy a 24 case of beer from the same place everyday for the last 6years. I'm ashamed but sometimes I buy 2 so I can skip a day plus they rotate shifts
>>
there's a pizza place down the street from my former workplace that I went to nearly everyday I worked there because it was cheap as fuck and really good.
The guy who owned it started to recognize me but he kept forgetting my name and asked me like 5 times
>>
We use the same chinese takeout every other week. They know our voice on the phone, they give us free stuff, our delivery is always blindingly fast, and we always tip the fuck out of the delivery guy.

Any other takeout in our city and its a 45min wait for food, its cold, fucked up our order. Fuck that shit, loyalty is important to food businesses, and they reward it.
>>
>>8186084
same with wine
>>
they knew me by name at taco bell after a while

stopped going till they forgot it.
>>
>>8185154
Yes.
>go to coffee shop because it's good
>always end up there during this girl's shift
>she starts talking to me
>worry.jpg
>keep going
>it eventually escalates to flirting I can't ignore
>stop going to said coffee shop
Such is the fate of the mildly attractive autist.
>>
File: 1476012486085.jpg (89KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1476012486085.jpg
89KB, 600x800px
>>8185154
yes, its pathetic but I cant get over it

I want to be invisible and to not engage with people

t. autismo
>>
>>8185154
I'm afraid of letting anyone 'know' me
>>
>>8185380
>I wasn't allowed to cook
So, either you are shit-awful at cooking and someone put a moratorium on your kitchen adventures, or you are the most cucked/whipped person on the planet.
>>
>>8186047
>you've gone to a restaurant enough times
>go to dairy queen
>>
back when i was an alcoholic i had abot 4 liquor stores on heavy rotation for that purpose, it's pretty common
>>
I live in a small country town. The total population, of not just the town but the whole district is about 300. This tiny town has a Memorial Hall, a Rec Reserve and a country Pub and Restaurant.
My first job was as a kitchen hand at the above mentioned pub. I left that job about 7 years ago and while the pub it's self has changed hands a couple of times since then, some of the same staff still work there and in fact, the current owners/publicans actually live just down the road from me.

About 20 minutes drive away is another, larger, town with a population of about 8000. The head waitress at the best restaurant in town knows me, because she was the head waitress at the pub when I worked there. Also, we're both on a local community group committee together. I also know the chef/owner at said restaurant, who's the waitress' brother. I also know the bar/restaurant manager at the local bowls club because we use to go on the same school bus together. I know the owner/manager of the local KFC because I dated his daughter in high school. I know the chef at a one of the smaller cafe/restaurants, because he started his chefs apprenticeship at the country pub about 8 months before I left. Also know his girlfriend/fiancee, who owns the cafe, because she was the year below me in school.
One of the local pizza places vaguely knows me, having got my name from phone/pick up orders and from recognizing me as a delivery guy who's made a few deliveries to them before.
There's also a few nice little take out places that know me. One of themknew my father and use to play football with him, the others are friendly asian guys similar to >>8185163.

So yeah, I'm not really afraid of becoming known, because I already am.
>>
>>8185154
t. Schizoid
>>
>>8185379
>Partly because the name I gave them wasn't actually mine (non-Anglo name, kind of a bitch to do the whole "what's your name, spell it" in a busy cafe during the morning rush) so that felt weird to be greeted by a fake name, but mostly because I couldn't justify convenience over their shit service anymore.
See I work in IT. Privacy freaks from way back to the 90s. And, living in D.C., you also have people who have federal jobs who want anonymity too. When asked by a maitre'd for a name, it's always a fake one. You'll hear for example "Superman your table is ready" very often. When I first moved there, your apartment building will have a punchbowl in the lobby with Abraham Lincoln/Mel Gibson/george bush shoppers key fobs for the sale prices at the groceries and pharmacies, but not the tracking.
>>
I love regulars.
Nothing beats having someone come back again and again to the point where you can shoot the shit in down time.
>>
>>8185238
This happened to me at the coffee shop on campus too. It's not like a Starbucks where you tell them your name or anything either. It wasn't just that she knew my name that skeeved me out, but that she seem to make a point of using it every time she called me up to order. And she certainly wasn't doing it to everyone. Fuckin weird man
>>
>>8185154
the only reason that would bother you is if you were an alcoholic and you'e ashamed
>>
When i was in college my group of friend would go out for bubble tea every Tuesday evening. Always at the same place, same table.

After a couple months the waiter was actually saving our table for us and, if things were quiet enough and he saw us walking down the street, he would have our first round of order already on the table,at our usual seats by the time we walked in.

It was great.
>>
>>8186084
>get all groceries bought online and delivered to my home
>including the fortnight's alcohol supply (which lasts 5 days max)
>and the beer snacks (pork scratchings, bombay mix, olives etc)
>different delivery driver every time
I just assume they think I'm throwing a party.
>>
I went to McDonald's today and got a Filet-O-Fish combo with a bacon cheeseburger on the side. I was eating it in my vehicle in the parking lot and listening to an audiobook when I glanced up and saw the McDonald's worker I ordered outside having a cigarette.

She waved at me and I nodded and had to wait 7 minutes before she went back inside and I could eat in comfort again. I don't think that employees should be bothering or even trying to socialize with customers outside of the McDonald's restaurant or drive through, but that is another story.

I went to McDonald's for dinner tonight and got a McChicken combo with a bacon cheeseburger on the side. As I was driving to the second window the same girl was still working. She was acting somewhat obsequious and attempting small talk when she asked, 'why don't you come eat inside instead of in the parking lot where it is cold'.

That really bothered me for many reasons. First of all, I don't want my routine or actions to be tracked by a fast food employee. Secondly, she should not try to tell me how I should live my life. I do not want to eat inside because I find it less comfortable and would much rather be inside my vehicle listening to an audiobook and enjoying myself and my privacy.

Overall, I think it was very unprofessional to bring this up. I should have a clean slate with each drive through visit, not have to get the third degree because I committed some sort of faux pas. Which I don't think I did, because I often see people eating in fast food parking lots. How does she know I am not busy going to work or somewhere in a rush?

How do you feel about eating in your vehicle in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant versus eating inside the restaurant?
>>
>buy the same coffee everyday at the same place
>Once they see me they almost already have it ready
>Don't go much in the summers unless it's ice coffee or some other cold sugary drink
>They give me hot coffee as soon as I walk in
>Feel too ashamed I wanted something else

I get free bagels though. I didn't go in for about three weeks since I was making my own and I ran into one of the cashiers at another store. She said they kept asking the gas station people if they had seen me since they were worried.
>>
>>8186484
nice blog post
>>
>>8186784
Haven't seen this pasta in a while.
>>
>>8185154
I'm recognized by employees at three different McDonalds franchises and I'm not even fat (I use McDonalds for cheap, convenient calories a lot)
>>
>>8186800
>4chan is only for shitposting and memes

Please don't discourage anons from telling their story, sometimes that turns out to be the most interesting post in the thread.
>>
>>8185890
pro-tip: they do recognise you, but are too amused / polite to ask why you wear different disguises every day.
>>
>>8185945
Always get friendly with your butcher.
>>
i go to a few of the same stores most days, and seem to be on good terms.
>>
>>8186821
my friend was big on one visit a day. but I will go at 6:00 come back at 12:00 n 3:00.
>>
Back in my hometown, the people at the family-run Chinese restaurant gave me free egg rolls every other visit because I gave them so much business. Nice people.
>>
>>8185154
Fuck no. There's a local place I go to that I don't even have to place an order anymore. The waitress just knows what I want and gives me better service.

Although I will admit the disappointment when you go in and there's a new or shittier staff member serving you is increased tenfold when you're used to the gold star service of the familiar faces.
>>
Yes.

I dont have to say anything when i go to dominos unless a new person is there.
>>
>>8185154
I'm a regular at a local bar in town, its the owners policy to know every regular by name if you work there, and their specific preferences. If I'm bored I sometimes go there in the afternoon for some coffee and a talk, and never end up having to pay anything. Last rounds always on the house as well. Its pretty damn comfy.

Kind of sad knowing this place is going to shut down in a 1 - 3 years because the owners are retirement age.

There aren't many places to go in a 10.000 people town though, so most places I go to at least have a few people I know by name or recognize.

It's okay being known in stores, being a regular has its perks.
>>
Where I work we like seeing regulars because it's easy repeat business and I'm more likely to give free shit to people who come back frequently. No one would hate you coming in regularly unless you're a colossal asshole.
>>
>>8185154
Everyone knows me at the liquor store since I am there daily.
>>
>>8186047

WTF are you me?
>>
>>8185197
Low class people aren't allowed to talk to higher class people like that, you should have had him fired and then followed him home and called the police anonymously to report a hostage situation at his residence.
>>
Liquor store. The place I go to is super close to where I fish so almost every day off I stop by for a 6 pack and a bunch of the 99proof minishots.
>>
>>8185251
I used to do this when I was younger. then I got friends and reading around company seemed rude so i stopped. I miss being alone. I want to read my fucking books while I eat a grilled cheese. premium comfy
>>
>>8186484
This is one of the biggest pieces of verbage I've ever seen. I take it you've never had a problem with essay word counts.
>>
>>8186784
>How does she know I am not busy going to work or somewhere in a rush?
Probably because
>had to wait 7 minutes before she went back inside and I could eat in comfort again.

>>8186800
If I was blogging, I would have told you, in detail, about how shit the kitchenhand work was or how the KFC Owner's daughter cheated on me
>>
>>8185154

Used to get pizza every Friday at a family owned place
I had an unusual order
After a very short while, the owner would recognize my voice and just ask "the usual", yes, and hang up
Would take me out of line for my pick-up
Got discounts after a while
Greeted by name by all the employees
Card at Christmas
Eventually my "Usual" became a menu item
That was pretty neat
About 6 years ago, but this time I had been patronizing this shop for two decades, the owner was shot and killed in a robbery
The family sold the building and that was it
He was cremated and buried in a wooden pizza box
Instead of flowers we dropped packets of pepper flakes and Parmesan into his grave
>>
>>8186814
>sometimes that turns out to be the most interesting post in the thread

Not this time.
>>
>>8188572
>Instead of flowers we dropped packets of pepper flakes and Parmesan into his grave

I laughed
R.I.Pepperoni
>>
>>8188622
Then eat at home.
>>
>>8185154
this guy gets it
>>8185261
if i go to a fastfood joint it's because i want to grab something quick and easy and not have to dedicate any higher thought process to whats going on around me. the moment i get recognized/ smalltalk happens, well now i gotta dedicate part of myself to this interaction when i would rather eat shit food and just doze
>>
>>8185185
this actually
that's not normal human feelings.
>>
>>8185154
Nope.

I got very friendly with the owner/manager of a Vietnamese restaurant I frequent. His English name is David, I dunno why the swamp gooks love that name so much, but they make fucking delicious food so who cares.

Every time I walk in he immediately knows I'm going to order Fried Chicken Wings and Pho with Beef Brisket, each brought out 10 minutes after each other.

If it's not too busy we'll chat for a little too. He loves college basketball.

Food is always fantastic. I haven't been there in a while. Need to go back before I move to Ohio.
>>
>>8185189
what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>8185189
Is this one of Pynchon's scrapped works?
>>
>>8188572
what was on the usual
>>
>visit the same hole-in-the-wall thai place for ~8 years
>has changed hands a couple of times
>become friendly with the owners/chefs
>always get something for free when we go there

It's good getting to know the people at places you go to eat. They literally do not give a fuck if you eat there every day and on the contrary may give you free shit if you do.
>>
>>8185154
Not really. I used to go to a Greek restaurant nearly everyday for lunch break and it got to the point where if I ordered something extra they would not charge me for it.
>>
>>8185154
I actually enjoy that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KtAgAMzaeg
>>
>>8185185
>>8188667
Holy shit. I see so many tales of autism on 4chan, that when someone actually comes along to remind us that autism is NOT the norm, I'm always blown out of my goddamn mind.
>>
>>8186084
you drink 24 cans of beer a day?
>>
By know my local cheese-monger, coffee-shop and liquor-store all know me.

It's nice to have small talk with people about the products they sell and are passionate about, what's new in stock, some try-outs etc.
>>
I get Chinese from a spot literally 1 block from my house at least once a week.
The owner knows my voice and as soon as I say "Hey, pick-up please" or "Hey, delivery" he interrupts and knows what I'm going to order.
The delivery lady has my number and calls me because I live on an upper floor and its easier than buzzing me.

It's cool. They should feel good knowing that at least one customer likes their dishes enough to keep coming back at regular intervals.
>>
>>8189616
Oh yeah I get that as well when picking up ribs at my local grill&Argentinian takeaway. All I have to say is '1 please' and he knows what to get me, even though I only come there once or twice a month at most.
>>
>>8189455
you don't?
>>
>>8189342
This
Most 4chan users are pretty normal, its just the ones that are autistic freaks produce 90% of the posts because its all they do
>>
>>8185154
I go to the same coffee shop on every lunch break and I find it a little embarrasing
>>
I'm not embarrassed of my eating habits so I enjoy when the places I regular recognize me and give me special hospitality.
>>
>>8189651
>Most 4chan users are pretty normal
i don't think so, i wouldn't be here if everything was alright with me
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.