[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lentil/Beef Recipe (That isn't Stew)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 20161005_175632.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161005_175632.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Have an excess of lentils and ground beef, give me some good lentil/meat recipes, bonus points if healthy and not soup based.

Thanks. Pic is last meal I made.
>>
>>8185138
Have you tried a soup or stew?
>>
>>8185144
Yeah, but that is all I have when it comes to lentil recipes, there has to be more options.

I'd like to have lentils put into the food rotation more often, but I can't eat soup 24/7 and that's all I got.
>>
You could cobble together meatloaf, meat balls, rissoles or that sort of thing. But in the circumstances stew/soup/curry type dishes are really the sensible answer.
>>
>>8185138
so you had both beef and some kind of poultry, and bacon bits in your mashed potatoes?
>>
>>8185155
I was hoping there would be some fusion recipes where to do tacos or mest and beans, but replace the beans with lentils. Like a Tex-Mex Asian fusion. Mexican food is easy for fusion because of the rice base.
>>
>>8185158
It's just red mashed potatoes with skin and corn. No meat or bacon bits or anything. I always used to mix my corn and mashed potatoes as a kid, it's really good, imo.
>>
>>8185155
Never really dabbled in curry dishes. You have any faves?

I have used bulgur with ground beef with a lot of success, never tried lentils. I think I'll have to now.
>>
>>8185162

That, like a curry, is basically a stew!

For Indian lentil dishes (of which there are a great many) Google "dhal recipes" bearing in mind that the majority of them don't eat beef, do you'll have to improvise a bit.
>>
>>8185193
Yeah, I know they're basically stews. But after doing some googling I am starting to think if I want lentils it'll have to come in stew form. I'll look up Dhal, thanks.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.