[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am trying to cut back on meat but just do not know what to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: download (1).jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
10KB, 275x183px
I am trying to cut back on meat but just do not know what to cook.
I have some rice noodles, basmati rice, coconut milk, curry powder,broccoli, onions and cabbage but it just seems like there is a big hole where the meat should be.
What do?
>>
The solution is to not be a retard by cutting back on meat.
>>
try beans instead, this is a great way to prevent animal suffering.
>>
Why do you want to cut back?

In any case, when you subtract meat, you are subtracting a substantial amount of protein. Ass in eggs, milk, beans, yogurt, etc. to ensure proper protein intake. I would also subsitute your regular recipes with vegetarian versions. Ex- instead of doing a chicken stir-fry, just add more veg variants, maybe some tofu if you're into that.
>>
>>8185083
But beans in curry means human suffering;_;
>>
>>8185070
Don't fall for the numale, femiveg meme. If you like meat, eat it. If you don't like it, eat other stuff. Don't post on the internet to try to get religious confirmation for your insecurities.
>>
>>8185070
>I am trying to cut back on meat

Why?
>>
>>8185070
I don't get why you'd cut back on lean protein or meat at all.

But, if I was making a vegan dish, I'd have added a good amount of cubed squash either acorn or butternut, or zucchini or eggplant, chunky mushrooms maybe. Without the meat, you'd also probably want some stock in there, or fresher things like ginger, cilantro, fresh garlic, green onion, basil.
>>
use lamb / goat instead
>>
Meatless meals do not really hold you for very long .
Try to eat before bed or divide dinner into two parts and have the second part before bed so you aren't going to sleep on an empty stomach
>>
Potatoes, eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, really any sort of thicker vegetable can easily take the place of meat
>>
>>8185143

Maybe it's like when you cut back on masturbation so you regain sensitivity and have mind blowing faps once a week instead of mediocre faps every day.

Except with steak.
>>
>>8185070
Beans
>>
If you want a decent, filling vegetarian meal, just whip up a big dish of ratatouille, vegetable stew, anything along those lines!
>>
>>8185143
I had read something on the Internet saying meat was bad for you somehow.
>>
>>8187226
>Implying eating meat three times a day is not unhealthy
>>
>>8186616
This op
>>
>>8185103
Rajma and chana masala are not suffering dishes at all - they are delicious.
>>
>>8185070
Ever heard about seitan? There's more protein in it than in most meat (it's made of washed flour, which means that most of what's left of that flour is gluten [protein]) , it got the most "meat-like" texture in the world of everything that is not meat (reminds a bit of pork), and it's cheap af
>>
>>8187672
Word. I'm gonna make some rajmas this weekend for the first time, wish me luck.
>>
>>8187698
It's pretty easy, just don't forget the cinnamon.
>>
>>8185070
Ok, so you have the makings of a curry..

Options :
-Add beans (any beans, personally I like chickpeas in curry)
-Add consistent mushrooms (like portobello) for the texture and the umami
-Add eggplant or potato for the texture (you want something that holds up)
>>
lentils and dry peas are where it's at

they're like beans but cook in 1/10th of the time
>>
>>8185070
Make more stir fries you can keep eating meat but reducing the amount to 1/3 the usual
>>
>>8185070
Tofu you mongloid.
>>
>>8188034
Not a good idea for males.
>>
Tofu is good with curry. You can fry it too
>>
>>8185070

Beans or seitan or tofu (press/baste/bake it, in that order, before cutting and adding to curry).
>>
>>8188493
Beans are full of carbs and make you fat
>>
>>8189727
>carbs make you fat
Retard.
>>
LENTILS
CHICKPEAS
BEANS BEANS BEANS
>>
>>8189750
>red meat
>carcinogen

Someone's been paying slightly too much attention to the lastest vegan encyclicals.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.