[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I'll cook hare today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Baby-Hare.jpg (80KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Baby-Hare.jpg
80KB, 1024x768px
I am going to have dinner with my brother and a friend of mine. I am thinking about getting some hare making some fries and drinking Trappist. What can I use to add some diversity and nutritional value. I have some carrot and bacon
>>
>>8183494
Despite your file name, that is a picture of a Rabbit mate.

Rabbits are NOT hares.
>>
I always though that roasted root vegetables go well with hare. Get some small potatoes, parsnips, carrots, pearl onions (or shallots). Toss with some fat (ideally, duck fat or bacon dripping) then roast in a hot oven.

>>8183503
this.
>>
>>8183508
Thanks. Will do.
I also thought it looked more like a rabbit. But it was too cute not to use.
>>
>>8183530
I am the first poster who complained about your filename.

I have eaten both Rabbit and Hare ( I'm from the English West Country) - hare tends to be tougher than Rabbit and a little more 'Gamey' (not by much though).

The other anon is right we tend to eat it with a few root veg - such as he mentioned but I have always found it better stewed.
>>
>>8183503

what? hares are just big rabbits.
>>
>>8183570
>what? hares are just big rabbits.
No mate, they are different.
Yes they tend to larger but when you see them in the field, they run . . .whereas Rabbits tend to bounce and hop when they move fast, Hares also have larger ears.

They are not as common in Britain as Rabbits but they are around.
>>
here in Cheyenne, Wyoming, you can see "Jackrabbits" alongside cottontails.

Jackrabbits are actual Hares. They're huge motherfuckers, too.
>>
>>8183584
I don't know where OP is from but here in Britain Hares are a bit larger than Rabbits normally and the body is a bit longer and the ears longer too. But like I said - they run in a different way than rabbits.
>>
>>8183573
They have different habits as well. Rabbits are well-known for burrowing. Hares don't burrow. Baby hares are born with their eyes open and can take care of themselves very shortly after birth. Rabbits are born blind and hairless.
>>
>>8183595
I've never gone into the the nitty-gritty of them, so you could be right.

Like I said, I don't see many Hares where I live but I do see loads of rabbits and Buzzards (a large bird of prey) .. .for some reason we have shit-loads of Buzzards. Sometimes I can see a field with about half a dozen of them, just sat on fence posts and in the fields, I guess it's field mouse country or something?
>>
>>8183494
Just keeping it back to topic OP, I just found this thing from Gordon Ramsay.

I have never pan fried Hare (see my other comment about hares and rabbits) before, let alone with chocolate sauce.

Could be worth a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1-1DBLm6zs
>>
File: 20161014_170547.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161014_170547.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
OP here. Going to get my hare from my local butcher in half an hour. Fries looking good imo.
>>
>>8183743
Is it real Hare or Rabbit?

And how are you going to cook it?
You do realise that both these meats have very little fat, so be careful.

I'm watching this thread!
>>
Stew it senpai
>>
>>8183494
Just go and shoot a hare wtf you buying it for?
>>
>tfw when you're a crappy cook and the frozen hare you bought came out absolutely gorgeous by pure luck

<orgasm.png>
>>
File: Prep.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
Prep.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
I am done eating now. It tasted really good. I kinda surprised myself. This was the prep
>>
File: 2.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
I stir fried some unions,charl contemporaries, carrots, potatoes and mixed some bacon and bacon grease into it. I also had the spine (or whatever your call it) of the hare in the pan for some extra flavour.
>>
File: 3.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
I served it with some homemade fries and filled our glasses with La Trappe Trappist Trippel.
>>
>>8184088
>>8184108
>>8184114
So you served it with cold chips?
No gravy, no accompaniment . . ..infact they didn't even look like descent chips, they look like crappy oven chips?

Why ruin this anon? . . .why?
>>
>>8184122
There was gravy in the pan. I made the chips myself. I used pretty good potatoes. Pre fried them a couple of hours ago. and fried them before serving. I am a novice cook. Not a retard. I'll be gone for today, I'll check back tomorrow, Thx coo/ck/s
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.