[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traveling to Ohio soon, and thinking about trying pic-related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Skyline_Chili_logo.gif (41KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Skyline_Chili_logo.gif
41KB, 512x384px
Traveling to Ohio soon, and thinking about trying pic-related while there. Is it worth it?
>>
>>8183420
Are you just going to Cincinnati, KY, or are you going to Ohio? There's a great small burger chain in NE Ohio called Swenson's. It's the best fast food burger I've had in my life.
>>
>>8183420
this used to be a bigger meme on /ck/

nowadays all the kids just want to eat the McChicken and wash it down with an ice cold Coke.
>>
File: IMG_0096.jpg (35KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0096.jpg
35KB, 300x400px
>>8183420
as a cincinnati native i have to say dixie chili and gold star chili are both far superior to runny ass diarrhea skyline
>>
Yea go for it, it's an easy fast food. I get it once a month or so and make the cans at home all the time. Just don't expect it to be the thick peppery dish from Texas because it's called chili. It's a meat sauce. Start simple, get a Three way and a coney with mustard and onion.
>>
File: cincinnati coney dog.jpg (85KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
cincinnati coney dog.jpg
85KB, 448x336px
>>8183420
yeah for the memes

get a coney dog too
>>
Try the spaghetti chilli meme dish. It's pretty good honestly, but it'll give you the runs.
>>
File: Skyline-Chili_5798.jpg (4MB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
Skyline-Chili_5798.jpg
4MB, 4608x3072px
Man, I forgot Cincinnati chili was a meme here a long time ago.
>>
>>8183420
I went with high hopes. Turned out a Skyline 3-way was the second worst regional specialty I've sought out in America. Only worse regional specialty I've had was an Al's Italian beef in Chicago.

I think it the issue is calling it chili, because it isn't. If you think of it as a Greek-American pasta sauce it makes more sense, but the copious amount of grated yellow cheese still fucks it up.
>>
>>8183766
>al's beef
>bad
ishygddt
>>
It's definitely not a normal thick chili.
The combination of spaghetti, chili, and cheese will sound disgusting, but give it a try and you'll love it.
A cheese cony isn't a bad choice either.
I would highly recommend adding hot sauce to anything you get there. It's practically required, honestly.

If the thought of getting this "meme" food is that off putting, though, avoid Gold Star like the plague.
>>
>>8183771
Al's beef is one of the worst things I've ever eaten. The experience was utter repulsion on the first bite, then a second bite because I couldn't believe it was actually that bad. Then it went into the garbage. I almost never throw food away, but that shit was inedible.
>>
>>8183829
ebin troll
>>
>>8183856
Not quite. Biggest thing I learned about Chicago over many visits was that the food there is great, but you have to ignore all the things the locals tell tourists they HAVE to eat. Because while Chicago is full of great restaurants the hot dog, pizza and Italian beef joints are not good. And those are the places where the locals will tell you to go. You have to ignore that if you want to eat well in Chicago.
>>
>>8183917
Makes sense.
>>
Where in Ohio?
>>
File: skyline makes my dick hard.jpg (1MB, 1650x1184px) Image search: [Google]
skyline makes my dick hard.jpg
1MB, 1650x1184px
Do it, my dad used to take me and my brothers here all the time until a few years ago, It's become one of my favorite restaurants but I haven't been able to go a lot since I live in Indiana and the closest is in Kentucky. He died last week and me and my brothers went to skyline after the funeral, shit's good man.
>>
>>8183420
Ask your waitress how you are supposed to eat it and she will tell you essentially this:
https://youtu.be/5Rree3AASN4

Not even kidding. They are trained to tell you this.

It's so delicious though, FUCK.
>>
>>8183420
>worth it?
you wont know that until after you tried it.

Be advised, its different. It has some "different" spices in it. maybe cinnamon is one? I dont know what it is, but I tried it and I didnt care for it. Lots of people do. The only way to know is to try it for yourself
>>
>>8183917

You're an absolute fucking idiot. Italian beef is a very simple recipe that anyone can enjoy
>>
>>8184104
Sorry for your loss dude.
>>
It's pretty good. Don't make it a special trip, but if there are any places around where you're staying, stop in. It's just diner-style spaghetti with meat sauce and cheese.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.