[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fat people and cooking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1475273614928.jpg (823KB, 1600x1118px) Image search: [Google]
1475273614928.jpg
823KB, 1600x1118px
A lot of the fat people I know claim to be food lovers, and say that "if you want to eat good food, have a fat person make it for you". Note that I'm not an ameriburger and that people around here don't eat loads of fast food. Still, every time I see a fat person cook I see ignorance in techniques, ignorance about ingredients, and an compulsive use of fat to enhance (or compensate for) flavour. Yes, fat carrys a lot of flavour, but drowning a plate in oil is counter productive. None of them cook good food.

Anyone here know fat people who know their stuff? Are any of you /cu/cks both fat and good cooks? Are fat people really just incompetent about good food?
>>
>>8183215
t. Fellow Australian

Cunt
>>
Anyone? Can I settle on 'confirmed' then?
>>
>>8183215
Cooking well and getting good as cooking (or anything) requires patience, and patience requires willpower. Fatties obviously have no willpower, so it's hardly a surprise that most of them can't cook for shit.
>>
>>8183215
>Still, every time I see a fat person cook I see ignorance in techniques, ignorance about ingredients
Elaborate?
>>
>>8183215
Depends what you mean by fat, bit chunky than yeah could be overindulgence of heat food, but obese than its probably fast food and microwaves.
>>
>>8183215

From what I can tell fat has nothing to do with it. The sad fact is that most people can't cook well. Most people have ignorance when it comes to techniques and ingredients. That includes fat people as well as non-fat people.
>>
Fat people don't know shit about food. Fat people are addicted to eating and the endorphins that get released from shoveling food in their mouths.

Most fats can't be bothered to actually cook. They think eating in is actually more expensive than getting take-out every single night. They have fuck all in their fridge/pantry except chips/ice cream/and other "goodies" which don't expire.

Don't let fat people fool you into thinking they know anything about food. They just want to make their addiction seem less severe.
>>
>>8183215
My experience with fat cooks is that they're food is good. The problem is their patterns of eating. They tend to have a ridiculous concept of portion size, and will eat for no good reason. Shit like, "Look! I made a babka! Have some!" in the middle of the afternoon.
>>
As a fat person who's regular offday cheat meal includes a fast food medium sized meal and a burger on the side I've been wondering what healthy alternatives/what best sources there are for learning how to cook? I'm interested in l earning proper cooking to make delicious healthy meals, and its funny cause homecooked food generally tastes better but I just don't know what to cook outside of basic shit like chicken adn rice, chicken club sandwiches, stir fry, burgers, spaghetti and meatballs, shit like that.
>>
>>8183868

cheat meals? cheat days? you're not gonna make it.
>>
Eh, most of old chefs are at least slightly overweight.

Then again, fat nowadays seems to mean morbidly obese. Thanks America.
>>
>>8183943
OP was never talking about fat chefs. He was talking about fats who claims to be food lovers.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 383x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 383x576px
>>8183933
>cheat meals are a sign of low willpower, a superior intellectual such as myself does not have time for such petty trifles, as I have discipline
>>
>>8184006
yes cheat meals are a sign of low willpower especially when they are "regular" (which implies they aren't cheat meals at all) and also fucking fast food rather than something worth cheating on.
>>
>>8183215
Im an alright cook. Its a paradox to expect a fat person to be a great cook, as if they were passionate about cooking, theyd experiment with recipes, and cook most of what they eat, making thrm lose weight
>since i started cooking most meals ive lost weight
>>
>>8183215
Father is fat, as is my uncle. But they're also both active, and not incredibly fat. (Probably around 250?) Both know how to cook real well. Last time I was at my uncles he made some biscuits and gravy for breakfast from scratch (well, besides the frozen sausage tube). T'was delicious.

I think it's generally true, as long as you exclude people who constantly eat out/get fast food or don't cook their own food.
>>
Can't find sauce right now, but don't overweight/obese people actually have a weakened sense of taste?
>>
>>8183960
OP literally asked for fat people who are good cooks, you nigger.
>>
>>8184184
replying to this thread with examples of chefs who happen to be fat is like giving examples of sumo wrestlers when asking "are fat people really strong?"
>>
>>8183868
Find some food blogs you like, just look some up and start reading them (I like Serious Eats and Budgetbytes), download a free copy of Leanne Brown's Good and Cheap cookbook, watch an episode of a food TV show like (Good Eats, The French Chef, No Reservations), try to make things at home that you eat out at restaurants or friends' houses (not fast food), buy some cookbooks, ask your friends and family what they like to eat. There's a million resources for inspiration.
>>
>>8183215

Worked for about five really great chefs in my life, two of which were fat. Not morbidly obese, but fat. They were aware, just didn't give a fuck - which is common in the line of work.

I dislike fat people as much as anyone but the amount of stoicism that is rampant in the cooking industry is hardly limited to fat people. Alcoholism, coke-addiction and many other poor coping mechanisms exist: I don't see why being fat suddenly makes the alcs look better. And I'm practically an alcoholic myself.

In general though, fat people usually do use too much fatty stuff per meals to compensate poor cooking skills. However almost no one I know has any clue when it comes to cooking so I'd say here too the fatsies aren't worse than the rest.
>>
>>8183215
It may have been a good rule of thumb when hardly anything was processed and it took real skill to take food beyond your average home-cooked quality. Nowadays it probably just means somebody can't stop shoving garbage down their hole.

This thread makes me laugh though, OP. This is how fucking retarded you sound:

"A lot of old wives I know claim to have natural remedies, and say that "If you want a good remedy, have an old wife make it for you." Note that I'm not a doctor and that people around here don't take loads of old remedies. Still, every time I see an old wife brew up a remedy, I see ignorance in techniques, ignorance about ingredients, and a compulsive use of vinegar to enhance (or compensate) for efficacy. Yes, vinegar can help a lot of things, but drowning a remedy in vinegar is counter productive. None of them make good remedies."

TL;DR: stop using outdated bullshit and generalizations as a gauge of individuals.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.