[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to become a vegan, what's the first step?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: vegan-diet.jpg (927KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
vegan-diet.jpg
927KB, 1000x667px
I want to become a vegan, what's the first step?
>>
kys
>>
File: DSC04844.jpg (231KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04844.jpg
231KB, 1600x1200px
>>8182801
Go buy a bunch of fake meat right now to get the disappointment out of the way.

Then start liking beans and vegetables.
>>
>>8182811
Actually this.

Also see here: http://www.pcrm.org/kickstartHome/mealplan/week-1
>>
The edge of a cliff desu senpai
>>
>>8182801
First you must accept that you will never be happy ever again

Then you must get your vegan speech ready because everyone you meet you have to recite that speech.
>>
>>8182801
2bqhwu@tmitfamilia, I eat vegan dinners as much as I can - almost every night

get yourself a charcoal grill and create your own recipes based on how you like your vegetables done

fuck trying to imitate burgers and hotdogs and shit, and enjoy the vegetables for what they are

I don't do it for any other reason than the fact that I fucking love vegetables
>>
>>8182826
Fuck off corpse-eater
>>
The first step is telling everyone that you're vegan
>>
>>8182856
You are upset because you know its true

Delicious corpses
>>
aubergines my friend, lots of them, buy oil.
>>
>>8182867
Carrion eater kys
>>
>>8182801
You'd have much better luck googling some vegan cooking/lifestyle guides than posting here. Also, if you aren't already vegetarian I'd recommend trying that first, it's much easier to cut out meat then transition to vegan when you're accustomed to it
>>
>>8182801
be poor for a month

after a whole month of not being able to afford meat and only eating legumes and other vegetables, meat will slowly start to become repulsive to you

that's how it happened to me, a year ago

to this day I only enjoy ground meat rarely. steaks or whole pieces of meat bring me no satisfaction whatsoever and I don't miss them at all.
>>
>>8182826
first half is true. not so much cause meat = happiness but you won't be able to go out to dinner with friends and family, you'll have to date another vegan,people will assume you're a giant docuhe when actually you just want to get healthy and be nice to the planet. second half will be the result of always being hungry and on edge.
I've been vegan for 4 years.
>>
>>8182801
cut your nuts off
>>
>>8183147
This
Also, start experimenting with cooking from areas where they naturally keep their food vegetarian such as asian soy-tofu-tempeh based dishes and most indian dishes. After you've become accustomed to eating no meat it is very easy to remove the rest of animal products from your diet.
>>
>>8183161
I've wondered about this. Every time a vegan friend is invited for dinner I make a dish that is vegan but luxurious so everyone eats the same, but nobody feels lacking. Still the vegan complains about it. One guy keep insisting to make his own meals because he thinks people are trying to trick animal products into his food.
>>
>>8183200
>Still the vegan complains about it
Wait, why? What's his reasoning for complaining?
>>
>>8183212
Low T
>>
>>8183212
I think most of it is learned defensive behavior. They expect people to question their lifechoice and lash out before people can say anything. I can understand it to some degree, but when people already are being open it is very counter productive.
>>
>>8183219
But what did he say, exactly? In his complaints?
>>
>>8182801
Tell everyone
>>
>>8183161
>vegan
>you just want to get healthy
You retards will never cease to crack me up.
>>
>>8183222
We're talking 4 different people plus the guy who makes his own speial food. The topic gets turned to what we eat at some point and then they come with sly comments about the food (you just used hummus because you didn't want to serve me yoghurt, exc), or some comments on people's health while strongly implying it's lacking because of diet. Everyone here is fit, so there's no ground of the latter.
I really want the asshole vegan meme not to be true (I used to be vegan and didn't act like that) but I can't seem to find any reasonable ones.
>>
>>8183234
>you just used hummus because you didn't want to serve me yoghurt

Holy fuck, such cuntiness. This is a level of cuntiness normal people can't even conceive of. A thought like that wouldn't cross my mind in a million years.
>>
>>8182801

Attend the Ecumenical Vegan Evangelical Seminary to learn the proper techniques for converting people to a drab, tasteless, animal productless dining life so you can have your imbecilic lifestyle choice confirmed, you numale femiturd.
>>
>>8182801
cut your penis and testes off
>>
>>8182801
Ask your wife's son
>>
>>8182801
suck dick
>>
Go vegetarian for a bit to test the waters. If all goes well then make the switch to vegan.
Also be prepared for meat eaters to be upset and uncomfortable anytime you refuse to eat meat. If they ask why, it's easier to just say you're on a diet or don't feel well. For some reason eating meat is sacred to people and saying you don't partake is like shitting on muhammad.
Also morning star and quorn make decent meat substitutes. Quorn burgers are better than a lot of real burgers I've had. Same with their sausages.
>>
>>8182801
Why would you willingly give up animal products?
>>
>>8183481
Ethics, morality, the environment, health.
>>
While on the subject, what are the best replacements for non-vegan ingredients in baking? I'm already using NoEgg instead of eggs, but I'm unclear on the rest. I've just been using vegetable (canola) oil instead of butter and soy milk instead of cow milk, but I wonder if there's better alternatives. My nearby Chinese market sells powdered soy milk, can that be used for baking? Any other oils that would work better? Keep in mind price is an important factor since I plan on selling what I bake
>>
>>8183527
>>
>>8183544
Thanks, such an annoying image to read through though
>>
Read up and make sure you're not missing any essential nutrients like B12 and folic acid, which if underconsumed over time will lead to fatigue and eventually nerve damage
>>
File: Blackadder.gif (570KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
Blackadder.gif
570KB, 267x200px
>>8183489
>>
File: Meringur Collage.jpg (255KB, 1395x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Meringur Collage.jpg
255KB, 1395x1600px
>>8183562
Also in any recipe that calls for whipped egg whites/meringue (e.g. macaron/pie toppings) you can use aquafaba which is just whipped chickpea liquid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kExpx2BzIOQ
http://aquafaba.com/faq.html
>>
>>8183544
Can you please redo this infographic so it doesn't cause people to vomit
>>
>>8182809
fpbp
>>
>>8183234
>I really want the asshole vegan meme not to be true (I used to be vegan and didn't act like that) but I can't seem to find any reasonable ones.

I've met cool vegans online but the 3 i've met IRL were total psychos

1st vegan I met tried to trick me into eating substitutes(often that I wouldn't have been able to afford on my salary) as if that would magically make me hate animal products, I cut him off when he tried to feed me something I was fatally allergic to and kept trying to sneak it into my food after I told him to cut the bullshit.

2nd vegan I invited to an ice cream parlor and I quote 'ugh how about I rape your wife and drink her milk?', tried to explain that they sold dairy free products and that that was a retarded reaction to someone offering to buy you a sorbet but he shoved me and ran off calling me a neo-nazi. Supposedly made comments on social media threatening to kill me once he found out I worked at said parlor.

third one wasn't as big an asshole personality wise but caught them them trashing other peoples food to 'motivate' them towards veganism
>>
>>8182801
Tell everyone that you're vegan
>>
>>8182809
This kill your self
>>
>>8183770
Good god, if these were your friends, wtf does that say about you?
>>
Your first step should be toward something deadly.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.