[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red Wine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: url.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
How do I find a red wine that isn't shit? I've had good wine before, but only at weddings and good restaurants. Every time I buy a bottle it tastes like piss.

What do I look for? Help me plz!!
>>
Do you know how you prefer your wine to taste, i.e rich, dry, sweet, spicy?
>>
Buy wine from wine exporting countries
>>
Get the right glas for the right grape
>>
>>8181783
Rich sweet and spicy are all fine. I'm not keen on dry wine. I love Port.
>>
>>8181834
Where do you live? Sweet reds are out of fashion in most of the English speaking world at the moment. You might want to try an Italian Lambrusco. Also if you live near Georgians (or Russians) Georgian wine is excellent and often on the sweet side. Kind of hard to find in the US, though. If you like Port you'll probably like Black Muscat as well.

Probably the reason you don't like most wines you've bought is because Bordeaux is one of the most popular red styles in the world, everyone copies it and it's very dry. Many of the wines in an average wine shop are variations on that theme.
>>
spend more than $20 a bottle

general order from light to heavy is rose - pinot noir - merlot - shiraz - cabernet blends - cab sauv
>>
>>8183159

This is not necessarily true. Price does not always reflect whether someone will like the taste because it is usually a subjective experience.

>>8181767

Try various Italian wines. Any sort of Chianti, Sangiovese, montepulciano are good. I usually spend between $12-$20 in my opinion it is not necessary to spend more than that.
>>
obviously. every now and then you get a $5 cleanskin that is great. but if you want the quickest, easiest way to ensure a good bottle of wine, spend more money.
>>
>>8181767
I only know about the wines of my country and the ones directly bordering it but if you're not keen on dry, try anything above the midi. Bourgogne isn't bad. Northern wines from loire have very soft tastes.
Probably a bit more expensive and snobbish than southern wines but heh.
>>
go to the wine store and buy the one that's at half stock on the shelf because other people are buying it

I started doing this and I noticed an immediate improvement from just guessing
>>
Find a Shiraz with a ton of awards.
>>
I like white wines a lot, and the only reds my family drinks are cabs and I hate how it tastes like rotted, sour grapes. Am I doomed to never enjoying reds?
>>
>>8181767
>>8181767
Are you letting it breathe beforehand? Not big on wine, but I have noticed that that does seem to make things taste 'richer'.
>>
>>8181834
If you like sweet wine, try going for stuff like Barefoot or Yellowtail. Yeah, they're cheap as fuck, but they're also geared towards sweetness and tastes most people will like; I live in an area where people love sweet wine, and almost everyone likes stuff from those brands. It's not fancy, but it's probably a decent place to start.

Otherwise, look for stuff made in New Mexico, if you can find it. People here love sweet wines, and it's hard to find something made locally that isn't too sweet for me.
>>
If you're in the UK the sunday times wine club is worth it just for cabalie 2012. Only red wine I've tasted that is good without being extortionately priced.
>>
>>8181767
Pay more than 12 bucks. Let it breath.

Those little wine aerator things actually improve cheapo wine a bunch if just want something to sip on.
>>
>>8181767
Most of the wines I like locally can't be bought outside my country. Wine is a very localised phenomenon sometimes.
>>
>>8181767
my honest opinion is that red wines range from god awful to fantastic while white wines range from drinkable to good.
weddings rarely have the high quality red wines, although they rarely shit tier either.

anyways, try spending a few more dollars per bottel, that worked for me. i used to think all red wine is essentially shit but after tasting and drinking a few with my parents (who obviously had more to spend on wine than i did), red wine was quite nice.
>>
>>8184789
no you just have to try the right ones, try some red blends from california, specifically ones that mention berries in the flavor.
>>
It sounds like you just don't like wine. You sound like you can't handle the way it tastes. Why don't you just stick to drinking moscato and reisling like a dumb bitch getting drunk with her girlfriends?
>>
You have to accustom your taste buds to wine by guzzling cum daily for a few months.
>>
>>8181767
wine tends to grow on you. i can dig on a nice dry red. i used to hate dry wines but now i like dry wines and dry cider

ever drink sangria? it's like tasty alcoholic juice. very delicious and not dry at all
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.