[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you add salt to your boiling pasta? Just so you know, this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: consider the better store.png (724KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
consider the better store.png
724KB, 1920x1080px
Do you add salt to your boiling pasta? Just so you know, this slightly raises the boiling point of the water. It also helps if you cover the pot to conserve heat.
>>
>>8180200
you add salt to the boiling water, before you add the pasta.
Just for the taste.
And covering the pot is just more energy efficient.
Add cover and slightly reduce heat or no cover. otherwise it will just overcook and you have to clean.

btw thanks for reminding me that i need pic related
>>
>>8180203
>all that just to stop the water overflowing
bruh,
just put a wooden spoon ontop of the pot
>>
>>8180225
>he believes in mamilegends

The only reason why the wooden spoon works, is because you cant close the pot with its cover anymore.
And when you still run on full power, it still overflows.

Not using the cover is just wasting energy.
>>
>>8180225
This
Are you all even trying
>>
You add salt to the water because salt makes it salty. It seasons the pasta. Any other reason is retarded bullshit.
>>
>>8180233
>he believes in mamilegends
You make it sound like this is some urban legend that goes around but never before been done.
I have a wooden spoon, and a pot and i occasionally make pasta.
I will have you know that I have experienced this first hand.
it is real, and wooden spoons do exist

Also why would you run on full power?
you only need to put the heat on between 5 or 6.
>>
File: starsmug.jpg (185KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
starsmug.jpg
185KB, 1920x1080px
I want to perform oral sex on Star Butterfly
>>
>>8180355
>wooden spoons do exist
Gonna need some proof of this wild claim.
>>
>>8180233
...you do know this is basically what chemists do to prevent overboiling, right?

I don't know the exact reason why it works, but I remember doing this for General and Organic Chemistry labs.
>>
File: Johns exhibition 2.jpg (135KB, 507x818px) Image search: [Google]
Johns exhibition 2.jpg
135KB, 507x818px
>>8180372
>>
File: IMG_0645.png (341KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0645.png
341KB, 420x420px
Stop
>>
this is also why cold water tends to boil faster than if you started with hot water. The deposits in the lines/hot water heater etc. makes it less pure and takes longer to boil. Especially so if you don't drain your water heater at least twice a year.
>>
salt and oil are necessary in the water. the salt brings out the flavour of the pasta and the oil stops it from sticking together.
>>
>>8180365
get out of here marco
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.