[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motivation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1476231907533.jpg (98KB, 713x555px) Image search: [Google]
1476231907533.jpg
98KB, 713x555px
Guys what motivates you too cook?

I loved to cook then my stomach went to shit and I drank tea for about a week with one meal a day and eating chocolate to make up for calories because my tummy area hurt when I ate food.... Found out its the worst when I have a fuck ton of really sweet sugary shit at once or eat meat. So I've gone vegetarian with relapses when I feel like I hate myself(can't eat fish either) alcohol helps though and I think im getting a bottle of spirytus to help me...

Needless to say I've lost pretty well all motivation to cook for myself meow.....

So what motivates you?
Also if anyone has any really goood veggie receipes please do put them. I still cook I've just lost the joy that came with it....
>>
I cook cause I'm fuckin hungry
>>
File: 184872.jpg (30KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
184872.jpg
30KB, 460x460px
My parents both hated cooking. And they were terrible at it when they tried.

I grew up thinking grilled cheese sandwiches with canned tomato soup was a Wednesday dinner thing in all families.

Thursdays were KD. Picture related.

Now I enjoy discovering how to cook meals for myself. From scratch.

When I want more veggies in my system I make soups or smoothies.

Become a smoothie master OP.
>>
>>8179940
That used to be enough for me but when it hurts you to eat anything you kinda stop caring..
>>
>>8179947
Smoothies. Forgot about those. Will give them another shot. Possibly with alcohol.
>>
>>8179948
I've been considering going full soylent, and making cooking something I do for fun instead of for sustenance.
>>
save money challenge myself be resourceful also im bored all day anyway
>>
>>8179936
Jesus, just go to a doctor already. You probably need to see a shrink, too.
>>
The fact that it's so fucking cheap
>>
>>8179940
When I'm hungry it already too late for me to start cooking. Ijust drink a litre of milk in those cases, chocolate milk if I have some cocoa powder on hand. I freaking love that stuff.
>>
>>8179936
so what is wrong with your stomach? Have you even seen a doctor about it yet? One never knows with Americans and their crazy healthcare ...
>>
>>8180677
Are yuros really such pussies that go to a fucking doctor just for a tummy ache? Doctors are for when you're on the verge of death with no other choice but to go see them.
>>
>>8179936
I enjoy cooking and I like eating good food so there's no reason I wouldn't cook all the time
>>
>>8179936
I could get away with spending <$20 a day eating out, but that is a little ridiculous. Plus, then you have to go out and after work, I don't want to go out and deal with the mouthbreathers and traffic.

7am Saturday grocery shopping is the best
>>
>>8180264
Yes I have. It gets worse with stress but that's not the main cause
>>8180677
Yes. I'm Canadian though so not as bad
>>
>>8180681
Well I did go to the hospital after I had steak a while ago. Felt like a tummy ache x100 combined with falling onto a tree stomach first from 10 feet up. And it was just solid consistent pain. I also almost passed out...
>>
>>8180681
Also at that point it was a 2 week non stop ache.
>>
>>8180681
It's free so yeah, why not?
It's not like we have to pay to see a Doctor, that's just third world barbarity.
>>
>>8180892
Sounds like pancreatitis. Very likely with your heavy alcohol consumption.
>>
>>8180917
USica is really sick. We enjoy spending trillions bombing the fuck out of people in other countries instead of spending a couple hundred billion to treat our own citizens when they get sick.

But at least we have jesus, praise the lord, and godbless USica!
>>
>>8180936
USica? Word filter for USA?
>>
>>8180967
Oh it's not. Wtf is USica?
>>
>>8179936
>what motivates you too cook?

Being grossed out of pre-made food. It doesn't happen too often but every once in while I just want to eat something really good and not just grab something from the fridge.
>>
>>8179936
to make good food for myself and my girlfriend, and to have the ability to impress anyone who likes food, which is pretty much everyone
>>
It's my quality alone time. I park the wifey in front of the television to watch her soaps and I enjoy some jazz while cooking some nice dinner for us. Then she do the dishwashing. Life is good.
>>
>>8179936
I save money by not eating out, so it's either cook or stave
>>
>>8181496
I never thought of it that way. I don't have a wife but yea I think that's been some of what did
>>
Cooking is cheaper than eating out every day, that alone motivates me to cook.

I also like experimenting with different spices and shit and coming up with my own recipes. I used to be dogshit at cooking but I watched a lot of videos and started branching out and cooking different things.

I don't snack anymore and rely on the three meals a day I cook in order to get by. I've lost 100 pounds since 2015 doing this.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.