[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>rinsing pasta after boiling it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2584.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2584.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
>rinsing pasta after boiling it
>>
>>8178746
>liking overcooked soggy pasta
>>
>>8178746
KILL YOURSELF MEMESHITTER
>>
>>8178746
why though?
>>
>>8178748
that's why you cook them al dente buddy.
>>
>>8178746
Back to kindergarten for you, weirdo.
>>
I always try to fry my pasta to dry them up a bit
>>
>>8178746
I live in a household where some of us don't like certain sauces, so sometimes I'll keep the pasta sauce-less so that everyone and add whatever want to it instead of complaining. I find that rinsing the pasta keeps it firm and prevents them from drying out and sticking together.

And it works great for pasta salad.
>>
Slightly relevant to thread:

I make poor people food out of ramen, basically
>cook veggies in soy sauce, ginger, garlic, honey, brown sugar
>boil noodles, strain
>little bit of corn starch
>add noodles to veggies

How do I not get a mushy mess next time? Add water to the corn starch first?
>>
>>8178941
>being this white
>>
>>8178993
>being a shitskin
?
>>
>>8178748
>not knowing how to cook pasta
>>
File: 1352780810863.jpg (42KB, 300x248px) Image search: [Google]
1352780810863.jpg
42KB, 300x248px
>>8178952
Why are you adding corn starch?
>>
>>8179138
Makes the teriyaki mixture stick to the noodles
>>
>>8179003
>being a birdshitskin
??
>>
>>8178748
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat
>>
the only time I rinse pasta is when I'm going to put it in the fridge for leftovers, because it will stick to fucking gether otherwise.
>>
>>8178746
>rinsing pasta before boiling it
>>
File: 1385695545367.jpg (511KB, 1000x899px) Image search: [Google]
1385695545367.jpg
511KB, 1000x899px
>>8179969
Olive oil.
>>
>>8178941
All rinsing does is take away nutrients. You are, however, supposed to rinse it before adding it to a salad.
>>
>>8179991
Pork ribs.
>>
>>8178952
Boil noodles until almost done, drain water, add teriyaki mixture, then add water mixed with stock (chicken or beef) and corsntarch, cook on low heat until it thickens.
>>
>>8179991
If you're making it for later, it's going to keep "cooking" if you don't rinse it with cold water before putting it away.
>>
>>8179183
You tried I guess
>>
The only reason I would ever rinse pasta is if I'm trying to make a quick pasta salad. I can't think of any other reason you'd be so fucking stupid as to rinse your pasta.
>>
>>8178746
I guess it's alright if you're making pasta salad...

haven't eaten one in years though
>>
>>8180001

corn water
>>
>>8178746
If you'd ever made your own pasta you'd know why you have to rinse it.
Ignorant Cunt.
>>
>>8178746
How else are you supposed to make sure you get any flavor off?
>>
>>8178746
If you're making Italian style pasta that is going to be sauced right away rinsing is the wrong move. But for pasta salads and Asian style fried noodle dishes rinsing is the right move.
>>
>>8180915
>ever made your own pasta you'd know why you have to rinse it

Rinses pasta to try and duplicate the wonderful texture of spaghteeos.
>>
i just add double amount of water to pasta to my sauce and cook pasta on medium in the sauce
>>
>>8178746
>baiting this hard
>>
>>8178746

reposting this story I told a couple days ago

>meet 7/10 qt on okcupid
>decent first couple dates, we talk about our interests and I mention cooking, she says she loves to cook too and brags about how good she is
>invites me to dinner at her place for third date
>thisisit.jpg
>get there, she's making linguine alfredo with chicken
>looks like she knows her way around the kitchen, has a little mise en place set up, decent knife skills, etc.
>pulls pasta off stove when time comes and drains it
>before I realize what's happening she starts rinsing it in cold water in the sink
>mcnabbstare.gif
>alfredo ends up being 5/10 edible but pretty disappointing
>kind of awkward the rest of the night because I'm so taken aback by this horror
>don't get laid, end up not seeing her again
>find out 6 months later she died in a car accident

In a way, her bad cooking saved me from utter heartbreak.
>>
>>8178748

throw it in the freezer for a tic, dipshit
>>
>>8178952
>>8180007
This guy has the right of it. The stock is optional, but you'll want to mix equal parts water and cornstarch together in a bowl, then add it in and cook on low heat for about 3 minutes, should be noticeable when it thickens.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.