[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Onions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (621KB, 700x468px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
621KB, 700x468px
Alright /ck/, I've got about 25 onions that were leftover from work. What do? Anyone know any good recipes that call for a bunch of onions? I'd hate to waste them.
>>
Make some goddamn onion soup.
>>
onion soup onion rings, onion dip, there no so hard.
>>
>>8178172

bake them in the oven, let them cool, use a very sharp knife to slice them , and then fry them in butter on medium for about 30 minutes until they're golden, put them on pretty much anything.
>>
Caramelize them, all of them
>>
File: onion-flowers.jpg (245KB, 800x650px) Image search: [Google]
onion-flowers.jpg
245KB, 800x650px
Grow some of them as plants. They can look quite nice. And if you ever get bored of them - you can eat them.
>>
French onion soup you fucking dolt.
>>
>>8178172
Make curry gravy and then freeze it. You can add it to a bunch of shit. I'm still trying to perfect my recipe so I can offer no advice in that regard.
>>
File: french-onion-soup.jpg (514KB, 750x3679px) Image search: [Google]
french-onion-soup.jpg
514KB, 750x3679px
French onion soup.

If not in a soup mode, onions confit.
>>
>>8178172
Where do you work, Consolidated Onion Packers, USA?
>>
peel them all, cut them in half and slice the halves into U shaped half rings

heat a few tablespoons of oil in a big pot on low heat and throw the onions in, stir them constantly for an hour or two while adding more oil/butter every 30 minutes

after they brown deeply to the color of steak, sprinkle a big pinch of white sugar overtop of them and keep going for another 15 minutes and then throw in half a cup of white wine or vermouth and scrape the sides of the pot. Ideally you should have already drunk the rest of the alcohol at this point

add a bunch of beef broth (I use 8 cups to 3 lbs of onions but do what you want), a couple bay leaves and a teaspoon or two of thyme and simmer for 30 minutes

pour it over baguette slices with shredded mozzarella (or gruyere if you are feeling rich) and wala top tier french onion soup
>>
>>8178172
http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2016/03/rigatoni-alla-genovese-maybe-best-meat.html

great with fresh bread and uses a ton of onions
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.