[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Force me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

File: 7505283200_1a195f1477_z.jpg (122KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
7505283200_1a195f1477_z.jpg
122KB, 640x427px
Never had foie gras in my life! Am I missing something out?
>>
>>8177719
Yes
>>
>>8177719
It's a relatively affordable luxury. Super rich because it's fatty as fuck. Not exactly something you'd carve on a day to day basis, but it's fun for special occasions. Don't expect it to blow your mind, but it is delicious and worth trying.
>>
Gavange is either the most cruel thing you can do to a goose... or it's geese figure out how they can enjoy their own gluttony till they die.

It's hard to figure out.
>>
>>8177719
Nothing. It's a degenerate abuse of animals that separated the volk and their connection to nature for the sake of pleasures of the flesh
>>
>>8177828
Spotted the vegan.
>>
>>8177832
Not only that, but a nazi vegan.

Who the hell uses the term volk in every day conversation that isn't Hitler?
>>
>>8177749

Geese naturally will fatten themselves prior to migration. It's simply mimicing what is a very natural process for geese, you mindless, numale femiveg.
>>
>>8177839
I think it was ironic
>>
Delicious on toasted brioche. You'll get sick of it really fast, which is why it's kind of a holiday thing.
>>
its literally the best thing the culinary world has to offer
>>
>>8177719
Look at that happy glutton enjoying that high calorie meal
To answer you op I tried it and hated it it has an awfully strong taste
>>
>>8177828
Why should I care about how animals are treated that are raised to be killed and eaten. The only thing that matters is if something done to it affects the taste.
>>
>>8177960
Interesting perspective. If, in the case of foie gras a specific treatment makes them more tasty I'm all for it. But most of the animals sold in the US are treated like shit, and it undermines how they taste as a result. That seems wrong to me.
>>
>>8177966
It makes them cheaper so I'm all for it
>>
>>8177975
Yeah, I'm way over that. So much cheap food sucks so very hard I want no part of it. I'm all for food that's inherently cheap, like beans, most vegetables, pasta, rice and the like. But when you start making cheap versions of more expensive foods, like meat, cheese, wine and such you just get shit quality stuff that isn't worth eating in the first place.
>>
>>8177975
The quality is too far gone. Fuck your poor ass, I want real and good meat, not some overgrown, bloated, swelled up sack of flesh that used to be a cow or chicken. I want chicken with some fucking taste.
>>
>>8178099
Cheap chicken is the worst. Fucking tofu has more flavor.
>>
>>8177966
I mean I'm not one of those bleeding hearts for cattle or anything but seriously though the cows that are actually treated good and fed good taste ten times better then the one from some ranch where a 100 of them are crammed together.
>>
>>8177842
It all cones down the the aesthetics of how we process our food.

Ignorance is bliss.
>>
>>8177960
Wasn't there a study that showed cows who undergo too much stress before being killed impacted the quality of the beef? I imagine it depends on the duration but it's the reason why a lot of cattle farmers here build the pens a certain way to make the cows as stress free as possible.
>>
>>8178120
I'm not a bleeding heart at all. If animal suffering results in something delicious I'm all for it. Marinating live shrimp in rice wine before cooking them alive? Go for it. Foie gras? Bring it on. If it weren't endangered I's be all for ortolan. But mistreating animals on a grand scale just so we can have cheap, poor quality meat and dairy? Fuck that noise. That's bullshit, and almost enough to turn me into the fucking Lorax.
>>
>>8177842
Is that why they have a funnel down their throat?
>>
File: French_Toast_with_Foie_gras.jpg (888KB, 2256x1496px) Image search: [Google]
French_Toast_with_Foie_gras.jpg
888KB, 2256x1496px
>>
File: 1465679023559.png (137KB, 870x820px) Image search: [Google]
1465679023559.png
137KB, 870x820px
Amazing with toasted brioche/gingerbread + onion chutney

t.frenchfag
>>
http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/12/the-physiology-of-foie-why-foie-gras-is-not-u.html
http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/01/foie-gras-new-fire-for-an-old-debate.html
>>
File: foiegraspololounge.jpg (817KB, 2370x2114px) Image search: [Google]
foiegraspololounge.jpg
817KB, 2370x2114px
>>
>>8178065
But I can also spend more and get quality
You aren't arguing against one in favour of the other you are arguing against one of two coexisting alternatives
>>
>>8178099
Then stop looking for quality food in McDonalds
If you have never seen good meat then you are the broke ass nigger, I can get amazing meat or cheap garbage depending on how much I want to spend
>>
>>8178452
Absolutely. But to me aesthetics play a part in my ethical system. The way I see it a little animal suffering to make absolutely delicious things is acceptable. Massive scale animal suffering to make cheap chicken breasts and nuggets is not. When you separate the ethics and aesthetics out of it and reduce it to mere products competing in a market you get a race to the bottom in terms of [price and quality, with the inherent horrific agricultural practices that come with raising animals in the manner required for that.

And that requires a kind of doublethink. The person who finds foie gras disturbing can easily speak out against it because it's a luxury product that no one really needs. But that person has no idea the conditions under which the eggs they eat are produced, which is way worse than foie gras. And it only has to be that way because the goal is making those eggs as cheap as possible. That's what I take issue with.
>>
>>8177842
Right, but it only kicks in before migration. At any other point in time it's a forceful act.
>>
>>8178612
so it was never about utility instead being an arbitrary amount of cruelty being bad or good based on a bar you set high or low depending on how you feel that day and you still feel confident enough to call it ethics?
to some people those disgusting bone, grease, cotton and a little bit of chicken fried balls you call nuggets are delicious so based on your own rules everything is either ok or you must be the one and only judge who decides for everyone else
>>
>>8177842
which is fine. since, after this, it'll be migrating to my table
>>
>>8178679
That's just my view. You're free to have your own. But in my view having shit taste is just as bad as being unethical. Because the machine that feeds your bad taste for cheap is unethical, and supporting it makes you unethical. Of course intent plays a role. If you're some slob who doesn't know any better buying pizza at Costco that's nowhere nearly as bad as someone who knows good things but buys garbage out of laziness or cheapness. That's the person who is making the choice to be unethical by supporting low standards when they actually know better. To me that's among the most banal kinds of evil - the unthinking shit that drags down the standards for everyone by supporting a race to the bottom.
>>
>>8178797
So you are the self appointed judge who gets to decide what someone can and can not eat.
Under your rule poor people can't afford meat or chicken since its now too expensive for them meaning they do even worse in life and drag everything further down
Workers working phisical jobs do not consume enough protein to do a good job meaning we need more of them meaning that construction is now more expensive and housing is more expensive
Meaning that those workers have to move further and further away to be able to afford to live
Wich slows down everything further, maybe we build temporary housing for workers meaning they no longer see their kids who grow up without fathers and become criminals
And so on society goes to shit and life is worse for everyone
>>
>>8179052
>So you are the self appointed judge who gets to decide what someone can and can not eat.
I have no problem judging others, but that's beside the point. I'm merely pointing out that the industry that delivers the shittiest cheap food produced in an industrial manner is the one with the murkiest ethics surrounding it. So supporting it is unethical. Having bad taste is in a very real sense unethical.
>people can't afford meat or chicken since its now too expensive for them
So what? Poor people all over the world eat mostly vegetarian diets because rich people eat the meat. Nothing wrong with that. Look at our current situation - meat and sugar are so cheap that out poor are obese. Not terribly ethical to set up a food system that has our poor in fatty scooters by the time they're in their 40's.
>Workers working phisical jobs do not consume enough protein
Industrialized food production eliminates many jobs. In general industrialization eliminates physical jobs. Part of the reason good food is expensive and crap food isn't is because you have to employ more people to make the good stuff. Raising birds for foie gras is much more labor intensive than raising chickens in an automated manner. Industrializing the process not only degrades the food, but eliminates good jobs in the food industry. Compare a good restaurant that sources it ingredients well and pays it's employees a decent wage to McDonald's, which sells garbage and pays its employees shit. By having the shit taste to eat at McDonald's you're supporting a shitty system.

Having bad taste makes you a bad person.
>>
>>8179119
You have addressed nothing you have made 0 points every phisical job be it construction or firefighter requires a protein rich diet and a protein rich diet requires mass production of meat
Mass production of meat isn't a problem is a solution to the problem of how do we make living in a city possible
Without phisical work society crumbles as there is not alternative to it
You can hate the poor all you want you still need them shecklestein
>>
File: 1462624893863.png (14KB, 487x498px) Image search: [Google]
1462624893863.png
14KB, 487x498px
>>8178320
This
>tfw cousin's bf's parents own a farm in the south-est and produce foie gras
>>
>>8179158
>every phisical job be it construction or firefighter requires a protein rich diet
That's a myth. The only job that requires a protein rich diet is a bodybuilder. Do you think the pyramids were built by people with protein rich diets?
>You can hate the poor
I don't hate the poor. I hate what we've done to them in the 20th Century. Back when the poor lived on farms and grandma cooked the poor had great taste and great food available to them. Today what have they got? McNuggets. That's a pretty serious step down. They've been fucked. But they don't complain because food is cheap, regardless of the shape eating that cheap food leaves them in.
>Without phisical work society crumbles as there is not alternative to it
This is not true, either. We have machines that do most physical work for us. That's why there aren't so many jobs involving it these days compared to previous generations.
>>
>>8179255
>we have machines that d most of it
you havent even scratched the surface of phisical work
you are clearly a stupid teenager that has no idea how to world works
>>
>>8178612
Tldr; if you want flavorful meat for cheap go hunt game faggot
>>
>>8177957
>Look at that happy glutton enjoying that high calorie meal
Now I imagine a co/ck/ in a stall being force-fed foie grois until they're fat enough to feed to some other animal.
>>
>>8180586
>phisical
At least I can spell.
>you are clearly a stupid teenager
I'm a middle aged man who has a pretty decent experience of the world. And I know my history. Protein was one of the first nutrients identified, so to this day people think of it as some holy grail of nutrition when the fact is it isn't all that hard to get a day's worth of the stuff - most folks in the US eat several times what they actually need in a day. But we're still hung up on the Depression Era concept of a "square meal", and that was developed by economists, not nutritionists. Traditionally the main protein source for people who were neither rich nor raising their own livestock has been beans. Beans are good. Beans are cheap. Throw in a little pork fat and you can avoid rabbit starvation during winter. For a good chunk of our history variations of this were standard dishes in most households. And people did a lot more physical labor back then. Today relatively few people do physical labor. Yet we eat way more meat and cheese today than all but the wealthiest of our forebears. But the quality of it is terrible compared to what they ate, because we've come up with systems to produce it incredibly cheaply.

Today we have countless threads of people asking how to make chicken breasts taste good. In the past people never had to try to make chicken taste good because it tasted good to start with. In pursuit of cheap animal protein we've degraded our food supply and our own tastes while establishing an agricultural system that borders on horrific. To what end? So Fatty McFat-fat over there can enjoy another McChicken (the best fast food sandwich)? I'm calling bullshit.
>>
>>8180745
There are countless recipes on how to marinate, tenderise and cook chicken from the 1800s.
People nowadays are too stupid to know how to cook because their parents were too stupid to know how to cook and it goes all the way back to women getting the vote and jobs
Regular shitty chicken in the past was better quality, was thought as a brick and had to be treated in many ways to be edible and people pretty much knew how to do it instead of how to use math
You can still buy chicken thats even better than that if you have the money, if you would rather eat beams and pork fat suit yourself it's also am alternative
I can tell you have never worked a day of your life let alone done anything that requires phisical effort no wonder you believe you can replace meat with soy
But none of that even matters since all those poor people are better and more useful and important than you, if there is ever a shortage of meat it would be you the one begging for chicken and fish intestines to keep yourself alive
>>
>>8178153
>ortolan
>The birds are caught with nets set during their autumn migratory flight to Africa. They are then kept in covered cages or boxes. This "artificial night" causes the birds to gorge themselves on grain (usually millet seed) until they double their bulk. "Roman Emperors stabbed out ortolans’ eyes in order to make the birds think it was night, making them eat even more". The birds are then thrown into a container of Armagnac which both drowns and marinates the birds.

wtf man
>>
>>8177828
i will eat you
>>
>>8181305
that is the most awesome description of the most absolute kickass meal prep I have ever read I must now have ortolan prepared in the manner of a roman emporer
>>
desu senpai it has tasted diferent every time ive had it. the best tasted a little like beef bone marrow. I like it but it's diferent every time I have it. idk why.
>>
>>8179185
>tfw you live in Dordogne
>>
>>8181375
The best part is how you eat it with a cloth over your head to hide your shame from God
>>
>>8181375
The Romans really had it right before they got taken over by the jew martyr.
>>
>>8181903
is it lovely
>>
>>8177828
Go away before i make you my bitch
>>
>>8181251
>it goes all the way back to women getting the vote and jobs
Interesting. You know that was a consequence of industrialization, which is also what made the quality of the food go to shit.
>, if there is ever a shortage of meat it would be you the one begging for chicken and fish intestines to keep yourself alive
Hardly. I have no problem eating vegan meals. They get boring after a while, so I still enjoy meat once in a while. But it's not something I see as necessary; it's a luxury.
>>
>>8181954
Green, quiet and boring. BUT THE FOOD.
>>
Why doesn't anybody on this board hunt?

Too chickenshit to kill and slaughter your own food? Cheaper too. Literally no reason not to unless you just don't like meat.

Fuckin pussies.
>>
>>8182082
If I lived in the country I'd definitely hunt. At the very least I'd go for turkeys and squirrels. Had both and they're delicious. I like the idea of hunting deer, but not so much of a fan of the meat. But I live in a coastal city. Did fish a lot when I was a kid.
>>
>>8181978
i like green and quiet but I get enough boring here. are there at least pretty french girls?
>>
>>8178106

Having eaten chicken from hand reared to intensive battery farmed I can categorically state this is utter drivel. It's all in the slaughter and storage.
>>
>>8182082
I do hunt, I butcher my game including deer, myself, and I've posted about it in other threads, fuckwad.

Don't rattle off stupid generalisations without at least a slight possibility of them being true, dumbass.
>>
>>8182124
Are you telling me you can't taste the difference in flavor and texture between a fast growing industrially raised chicken that reaches slaughter weight before it's old enough to have any flavor (like what's in the supermarket) and a breed like a Barred Cross? I don't believe you.
>>
>>8177749
Fuck geese they're a bunch of cunts
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.