[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My parents just gave me their old crock pot. What are some of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: rlm2.png (1MB, 1278x668px) Image search: [Google]
rlm2.png
1MB, 1278x668px
My parents just gave me their old crock pot. What are some of your favorite crock pot recipes? What are some ones that are best for people who've never used one before?
>>
crock of shit
>>
Shark fin soup so you can follow your friends at redlettermedia and jump over it
>>
Crockpots and slow cookers are pretty great. Slow cooking cheap cuts of meat with veggies is the way to go. You dont have to sit their and keep an eye on everything for an hour. You just throw the shit in ans get on with your day. Most recipies are going to take 4+ hours though

Just go to the store, and look at whats on sale. In my area its always chicken thighs/breast or pork chops/shoulder. Then google 'pork shoulder crockpot.'

I like seasoned bbq pork chops with potatoes, carrots, and onion.

Theres mushrooms and garlic chicken with a lemon-mustard sauce.

Youre gonna have to look it all up when youre in the mood and have the time to cook it at reasonable hour though.
>>
>>8176525
Get a pile of chicken thighs, boned and skinned (like 2 lbs). Pour a layer of olive oil to just cover the bottom. Place chicken thighs in. Juice one orange and one lime and poor the juice in. Mince a clove of garlic and add. A few good shakes of oregano (I go pretty heavy here). Salt and pepper.

Set on low for 8-12 hours. Shred chicken with forks in crockpot to suck up all the liquid.

Serve on tortillas, in wraps/burritos, on rice w/gravy, top a pizza/nachos, etc. Freezeable and very versatile. Making a pot of it tonight, in fact.
>>
>>8176564
Also, potato soup, brocolli soup. Look up some good soups and stews. You can cook ground beef with your favorite seasoning along with garlic, onions, and peppers and add in uncooked rice or noodles near the end.

Either way, crockpots are cooking on easy mode compared to ovens, skillets, and grills. The biggest tip though is once you get all your ingredients situated in the pot, just let it cook. Dont go lifting the lid and fucking it around.
>>
File: mexicans.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
mexicans.webm
2MB, 720x404px
Chili Verde is braindead to cook in a crock pot
>dice up some pork
>pour in chili verde can
>dice up carrots and onions
GOAT food in 6-7 hours
>>
Pulled buffalo chicken is stupid easy.
Buy a big package of chicken breasts, some oil, and some franks.
Oil the crock pot, but in the chicken, dump in as much hot sauce as you want, and cook on high for about four hours.
When done tear with two forks.
Put on a bun with whatever else you want and you're good to go.
Gourmet? No. Tasty? Yes.
>>
>not even one person has mentioned Pot Roast
what the hell guys.
>>
File: 331.png (71KB, 546x600px) Image search: [Google]
331.png
71KB, 546x600px
>when the connective tissue breaks down just right
>>
>>8176644
damn, hot cankles on the one in between the front 2
>>
Chicken tortilla soup
>>
>>8176525
Fiancee and I make soup, chili, pulled meats, all kinds of good stuff. It's just about finding what you like
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.