[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baking Bread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: breaking_bread.jpg (659KB, 2382x976px) Image search: [Google]
breaking_bread.jpg
659KB, 2382x976px
What did you bake today?

I followed advice from /ck/ and my bread has improved.. Keeping the dough in the fridge over night has made it much easier to handle.
>>
File: DSC01427.jpg (545KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01427.jpg
545KB, 1224x1632px
Retarded 20% whole wheat
>>
File: 20161011_203400.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161011_203400.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Was this an extended autolyse or a proper retarded ferment? Either way it looks like it came out well!
These are some mantou buns I made just earlier today. Super simple but I didn't bother to gather the bottoms in so they're not as tight and cute as they could be. Love the texture on these for some reason.
>>
>>8176330
This one was with the yeast. It makes a difference.

Are those buns so fluffy that they float up?
>>
File: 20161011_203400-1.jpg (3MB, 2705x1848px) Image search: [Google]
20161011_203400-1.jpg
3MB, 2705x1848px
>>8176337
With yeast
>retarded ferment/rise
Without yeast
>autolyse
Both improve gluten networks, but you're right that there are significant differences.
Goddamn mobile app, reposting
>>
I work for one of the best deli's in my state as a baker/doughmaker, ama
>>
>>8176383
How is the regular plural of English nouns formed? And what sets it apart from the genitive form?
>>
>>8176410
The regular or nominative plural is formed in most nouns by the addition of -s or -es to the end of the word or by more complicated endings where such an addition would be disphonious or precluded due to their language of origin (e.g. oxen). Notably, a number of words ending in -us are pluralized as though 2nd declension Latin, with the use of an -i ending replacing the -us. In most cases both this or the more intuitive -uses ending is also acceptable. A number of loan words (moose most famously, as it comes from an algonquin word) retain their ending even when pluralized.

The genitive case is entirely different in meaning, though similar in appearance, and is generally used to denote ownership. It is usually distinguished from the nominative plural by the use of an apostrophe or "hanging comma" placed in between the word and the letter "s" (e.g. Mom's being genitive singular, Moms being nominative plural). There are of course exceptions, commonly the difference between its (genitive) and it's (contraction meaning it is) that seem to flip the normal rules on their head.
The plural genitive is formed either by the use of the special plural form of the noun followed by the -'s ending or by the placement of the apostrophe AFTER the -s used to pluralize the noun. For example, to say that an item belongs to more than one person, it would be the people's. Here the plural form of the word and normal -'s ending is used. To say that an item belongs to more than one mom, it would be the moms'.
Glad to be of service.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.