[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheap On the Go Food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0311.jpg (40KB, 329x413px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0311.jpg
40KB, 329x413px
What does ck/ eat on the go for work/school? Preferably cheap.

Bonus if it is healthy.
>>
fruit
>>
Beef jerky.
>>
>>8175217
Carrots, apples, sweet potato(I like it raw, but it could be microwaved), etc. anything that doesn't get disgusting from spending a little bit of time outside of the fridge.
Nuts, beef jerky.
>>
Cold leftover pizza or trail mix
>>
Steel cut oats in milk left overnight with some berries in it. That's a real fucking breakfast.
>>
Peanut butter sandwich.

Makes in under a minute and is both filling and sustaining.
Slather with actual butter and add raw honey and you've got protein carbs and fat in abundance all in the same package, hell you might end up skipping lunch.

Hard Boiled eggs require more prep work ahead of time but they keep well and are really easy to grab on the go.
>>
>>8177030
>Americans would consider -not- skipping lunch after consuming a 450+ and mostly fat calorie """snack"""
>>
go to supermarket and pick up a baguette and a piece of fruit
>>
Home made beef jerky
Home made dehydrated fruit (Apple and strawberry chips)
Ur mums pussy
Etc
>>
>>8175217

Onigiri.
>>
>>8175217
2 minute noodles
>>
>>8175217
I usually take a couple of sandwiches, some fruit, and either something i made extra for work(hard boiled egg or muffins somthing like that) or if i didnt have enough time ill just take a joghurt
I work from 8:00 till 17:00 with 2 breaks so i dont take that much
I also take a 1,5L bottle of either flavoured water or juice
>>
Avocado&lime paste(homemade),mozzarella and tomatoes on a toasted whole wheat bread
>>
>>8175217
Rice balls with miso paste or fish inside.
>>
>>8175222
This. An apple, orange, or pear.
>>
'O 'a
>>
microwave curry, cold pizza, sandwiches, last nights pasta.
>>
Fruit, chopped vegetables, yoghurt, hard boiled egg, baked potato, soup in a thermos, canned goods
>>
I make Five Bean Salad nearly every week, and I'll take some of that, either on top of a green salad, or if I'm rushed, just a container of that and a pack of crackers.
Easy as fuck, cheap, and plenty of protein.
>>
>>8178100
Oh, and boiled or deviled eggs.
Usually along with the Five Bean Salad. I like a lot of protein at lunch because it carries me all afternoon and into the evening without getting hungry.
>>
File: IMG_2041.jpg (40KB, 496x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2041.jpg
40KB, 496x500px
I activate my on the go almonds overnight in Moxie
>>
>>8175222
ur a fruit

ohohohohohoho
>>
>>8175217
>Popcorn (the type that comes prepopped in a bag so it won't go soft),
>apples, carrots, grapes, banana, celery sticks + peanut butter
>snack or trail mix (Cheeze-It Snack Mix is my favorite),
>sugar snap peas + hummus (Sabra has the to-go singles)
>crackers and string cheese or hummus
>dry cereal
>granola bars
>pepperoni or small slices of deli meat, string cheese, and crackers, a.k.a. the "I'm an adult" version of lunchables

The trick is to drink a half or full bottle of water with it so that it gives you that full feeling. I would bring 2-3 snacks plus a granola bar to class before I got too lazy to put food aside the night before.
>>
>>8180110
If you have 5 minutes in the morning you could get creative with a piece of toast or half a bagel:
>cream cheese (i've heard adding deli meat or salmon tastes pretty good. Maybe even some cucumber on top?)
>egg and avocado
>hummus and avocado
>peanut butter or nutella and banana
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.