[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bok Choy (Chinese Cabbage)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 800px-Pak-ch.jpg (202KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Pak-ch.jpg
202KB, 800x1067px
I harvested a fair amount of bok choy from my garden this year. Any /ck/'s have good recipes for it?
>>
>>8174876
Pickle it like Kimchi.
>>
>>8174876
Stirfy with sesame oil.
>>
>>8174876
Finally, shove it up your ass.
>>
>>8175126
What the hell did I do to trigger you? Post a legitimate question?
>>
File: fb01.jpg (24KB, 401x419px) Image search: [Google]
fb01.jpg
24KB, 401x419px
>>8175144
I was playin with you anon. Pork & cabbage over rice is a god-tier dish for it. Use Better than Bullion for the stock.

http://maddiesharafian.tumblr.com/post/111676922002/its-delicious-i-promise
>>
>>8174885
This.

Make a kimchi according to your tastes. That, or just salt it the way you would normal cabbage for use later.

I made a version of kimchi with no fish in it and use it as a garnish with proteins, and it's great stuff.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (62KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
62KB, 604x453px
>>8174876
who calls bok choy chinese cabbage?
It isn't even a condensed head.

wouldnt that be what we call a napa cabbage?
>>
>>8175123
Yeah, bok choy is good in a stir fry. You can try it with honey and soy sauce as well:

Boil some ramen, or another kind of Asian noodles. Put chopped carrots and onions in a wok on high for five minutes or so, then add chopped bok choy and fry on medium for another three minutes or so. Turn the heat down to minimum, then add soy sauce and about half as much honey. Add the noodles, then turn the heat back up to high and fry until the noodles turn gold. Add more honey and soy sauce to taste and serve.
>>
File: conf.jpg (194KB, 800x542px) Image search: [Google]
conf.jpg
194KB, 800x542px
>>8174876
hopefully you didnt let the rest of the bok choy get that old

pesticides are a dirty word in this day and age but....
>>
>>8174876
Most common Chinese recipes for it are as a salad, soup, with rice porridge, with shrimp, and with tofu. But you can also put it in fried rice, dumplings, noodles, or some meaty stew.
>>
>>8175205
No, I picked them when they were about half as tall. They were a lot more compact.
>>
Thanks for all the suggestions!

I've got some soaking in salt to draw out moisture that I'll make kimchi with.

Making a big pot of Miso soup tonight I'll throw a bunch into.

Probably use the rest for simple stir fries and maybe an asian coleslaw.

Looks like it won't keep too long without turning it into kimchi, so I'll be eating bok choy until I get sick of it, and turn any leftover into kimchi.
>>
>>8175229
I think you might be confusing it with something else.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.