[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boiling Chicken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (39KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 800x450px
Boiling chicken.
Is it ever the right choice? The only reason I can think to do it, is if you need it cooked to do something else with it, and you don't have a foreman grill. Seems like it would strip it of flavor.

What do you guys think? I never do it, but my stupid sister in law moved in, and if she is cooking dinner, I am going to let her do her thing.
>>
Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>8174659
>chicken
>flavor
what is this meme?
>>
>>8174659
Chicken noodle soup perhaps...
>>
>>8174659
>The only reason I can think to do it, is if you need it cooked to do something else with it, and you don't have a foreman grill.
Or, you know, an oven, or a frying pan, or a broiler...
>>
Hainanese chicken rice. Yeah, some flavour goes into the water, but you just have it as delicious soup.
>>
Simmer it. If you used too much heat, take out the chicken and get that frond out by gradually adding water and stirring.

Don't use breast either, you won't get a whole lot of stock from breast.
>>
i cook chicken breast to make pulled chicken tortillia's.
>>
>>8174659
Do you not have an oven? Or a pan?
>>
Foreman grill is a meme cooking tool. Also you boil a chicken so you can dip it in BBQ sauce or other sauces.
>>
>>8174801
This.
>>
>>8174659
It doesn't use oil.
/thread
>>
>>8174943
You don't need oil to bake a chicken.
>>
>>8174659
Its the healthiest choice. Also, heard of chicken soup? Boiling chicken wit some herbs and veggies.
>>
>>8174659
Boiling chicken is extremely common for mexican cuisine. Boil chicken for 60-90min (super tender) then drain and let dry for a few mins while you prep other stuff. Chop onion and garlic, add in some pepper seasonings and mix with chicken for taco / burrito fillings. Add other ingredients to your boiling water and save afterwards if chicken is too dry (optional)
>>
>>8174729
>He doesn't season and sear his chicken in the pot before adding stock
>>
>>8174801
>>8174938
>Hainanese chicken rice meme
boiling the chicken is worthless and produces a shit stock.

OP, boiling chicken is essentially worthless. if you need to boil just bake, faster, same level of healthiness, actually gives your chicken good flavor due to mallard effect, and unlike boiling, you dont lose any flavor that's dissipated into the water and then evaporated into thin air.
>>
>>8175362
>produces a shit stock.

Except that's wrong, you failure.
>>
>>8174975
Yeah, my sister in laws are Mexican, and they both boil the chicken.

And for those asking why I don't bake it, this is Southern California. I only turn the oven on if absolutely necessary. Not only that both baking and boiling take for fucking ever. The foreman is good because it cooks the chicken in like ten minutes, which is perfect if my plan is to throw it in some enchiladas.

My older sister in law boils the chicken, shreds it, seasons it, and then puts it on the grill again. Not only did the tacos take like 2.5 fucking hours, the chicken was dry as hell.
>>
Poaching=/ boiling.

Boiling is too hot and causes the tissue to cook too quickly and shrink and harden making the meat tough. A gentle simmer is better because it slowly heats the tissue and allows to moisture to be introduced thus making the meat softer. This is a standard cooking rule when poaching any protein.
>>
>>8175362
poaching cooks pretty quickly. Thermodynamics are a thing.
>>
>>8175571
Making good stock with chicken requires too much time, and your chicken will be dry as hell and skin won't be crispy. Hainanese chicken rice is a poor man's meal that was used to make quick use of old shit chickens and pass off chicken fat in water, rice, and unflavored chicken as a meal.

The only thing that makes Hainanese chicken of any worth is the sauce and aromatics you use your cover the fact the dish is inherently bland as fuck.
>>
>>8175571

boiling chicken will result in chalky chicken and dirty water.

simmering chicken bones makes a stock
>>
>>8176284

poaching is 16--170 degrees, simmering is 180ish degrees, boiling is 212 or higher
>>
Poach the breast or braise the legs... never, never boil chicken.

Shredded chicken breast is usually overcooked meat so dry that it needs to be slathered in sauce in order to be edible.

You can do whatever you want but you really ought to try cooking chicken more gently.

AND try lower center temperatures than le 180 degrees fahrenheit. Not raw inside, but try 165-170 to start.

>foreman grill

Stupid item assuming that you have a stove in your kitchen.

I guess don't argue with your sister's shitty cooking but research the matter more for when you go to cook chicken.
>>
>>8176896
>>8176914
Except that's wrong, you failures.
>>
>>8174988
How do you make chicken stock?
>>
>>8174659
Boiling meat is NEVER the right choice. However, gently simmering chicken can be right choice if you are making certain dishes. Meats should never be boiled, as it will make the meat tough and dry.
>>
>>8174659
My grandpa used to get a pot of water boiling, maybe with some spices, then put in a whole chicken and remove it from the heat source. The residual heat from the water cooks the chicken. It's so tender and juicy but most westerners dont like it because they don't think it's fully cooked.
Eat with green onion and ginger sliced thinly in oil.
>>
>>8178634
Makes sense to me. I might try that sometime, acutally.
>>
>>8178545
You think you're going to produce flavorful chicken and greats tickets by boiling it for 1 hour. Even though a decent stock takes multiple hours, and boiling chicken only takes away flavor.

Complete retard.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.