[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

best hot cocoa brand? only have had swiss miss with the small

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: warm-hot-cocoa.jpg (133KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
warm-hot-cocoa.jpg
133KB, 500x370px
best hot cocoa brand? only have had swiss miss with the small peepee sized marshmallows
>>
you mean styrofoam mellows'
>>
>>8173784
>hot cocoa brand
they all suck

the best hot cocoa I've ever had what made at a local chocolate shop, and iirc it's only got three ingredients:

chocolate chips
heavy cream
sugar

goddamn it's good but you only need 4oz of it
>>
File: IMG_8308.jpg (112KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8308.jpg
112KB, 1024x682px
>>
>>8173784
Best would be just melting dark chocolate and spices yourself in milk.
>>
>>8173787
>the best hot cocoa I've ever had what made at a local chocolate shop
Oh fuck off.
>>
>>8173787
this is approaching 'activated almonds' tier
>>
>>8174245
that seems like a reasonable thing to say. like the best steak i ever had was at a steak restaurant. or the best burger i ever had was at a burger restaurant.
>>
>>8174253
Yes, and the best bread is made locally at your local fucking bread maker
and the best meat is chopped locally at your local butcher
and all the best fruits and vegetables are picked locally at your local garden
and the best shoes made locally at your local cobbler
and the best furniture is made locally at your local upholstery

Fuck off please with that pretensions homo crap.

I mean are you fucking kidding me, a local chocolate shop? Are we in 19th century fucking Germany?
>>
>>8173787
>he says in his thick framed, shadeless glasses, loose scarf, nut hugging jeans, with a freshly grown curly mustache
>>
File: 1446531969640.gif (2MB, 200x293px) Image search: [Google]
1446531969640.gif
2MB, 200x293px
>>8174258
It's not pretentious, it's correct. everything you just listed is 100% correct. feels bad 2 be you man.
>>
>>8174258
I know right? What kind of pretentious faggot does their shopping anywhere except Walmart?
>>
>>8174286
I didn't say that.
>>
>>8174275
*tips fedora*
>>
>>8174258
lmao I think you should chill, just because the best hot cocoa he had was near where he lives doesn't mean he's saying any of the things you're saying. He's not even saying the best hot cocoa in the world is from a local coffee shop, just the best stuff he's ever had the chance to try.
I mean sure he's not contributing anything to the thread by saying "hey guys my local coffee shop has really good hot cocoa haha too bad you can't try it" but he is giving us his best recollection of what is in it, so we can try and replicate it.
>>
>add whole milk, cinnamon sticks, vanilla beans (or any desired spices/herbs)
>simmer for 10 minutes
>meanwhile melt lots of chocolate, anywhere from 60% cacao if you're a lame to pure baker's chocolate if you're an absolute madman
>strain milk
>pour melted chocolate into simmering milk
>stir until chocolate is thoroughly dissolved

Wa la
>>
Of all storebought mixes, I like Aldi's double dark chocolate one best, but they only carry it seasonally, starting around November.
Usually, I make my own, stocking up on """"""""dark""""""" chocolate (Hershey's Special Dark is far from dark chocolate, IMO) right after Halloween because no one ever buys the bags of miniatures for kids yet companies still make them and stores still carry them.
Hot cocoa is not something to be had alone. It must be shared with others. To make two portions, melt three miniatures in a double boiler then top off with a hot 1:1 mix of skimmed milk and half-and-half, yielding 5% fat milk, higher than wholefat milk. If you need to, sweeten to taste.
Also if desired, pour frothed milk in it, as if making caffelatte.
>>
hot chocolate needs coffee
>>
hershey's cocoa powder is the best I've had.

I make a sugar free hot cocoa with hershey's cocoa powder, aspartame, vanilla extract, and coffee-mate.

Tastes wonderful.
>>
https://cravingchronicles.com/2013/01/17/rich-creamy-5-minute-microwave-hot-chocolate-for-one/

Thank me later
>>
>>8174835
>aspartame
>tastes wonderful
no
>>
Have a processor?
https://youtu.be/TOvAJTdMIK4
>>
>>8173784
The best mix that's easily attainable.
>>
My parents one year for Christmas got a shit ton of keurig k-cups of hot chocolate.

Spoiler:
They were all shit. Like drinking pure water.
From what i remember the brands were Swiss miss, green mountain and the worst of all was "cafe Escape" brand.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.