[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to buy a Cast Iron Skillet. Can someone help me find the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 81YlaVns6zL._SX522_.jpg (17KB, 522x237px) Image search: [Google]
81YlaVns6zL._SX522_.jpg
17KB, 522x237px
Want to buy a Cast Iron Skillet. Can someone help me find the best one for the least $ on Amazon?

No clue what to look for, and I would really appreciate the help. Thanks!
>>
>>8173238
Lodge 12 inch
>>
If you are fine with some extra work for better results, bug a fresh lodge skillet, strip the pre-season, grind the pan with a steel wire brush, season the pan 4-6 layers with an oil of your choice(I recommend pure flax oil but that is a bit tricky to get). You'll have a skillet that will be more non stick, and be easier to clean. There are a bunch of more in depth guides that are pretty easy to find.
>>
>>8173468
>Bug a fresh lodge skillet
Well I fucked up
>>
Stop overthinking it. Buy a pan made of cast iron and cook with oil.
>>
>>8173238
>>8173331

http://slickdeals.net/f/9175575-12-lodge-cast-iron-pre-seasoned-skillet-16-99-8-lodge-seasoned-cast-iron-skillet-9-10-5-lodge-pre-seasoned-cast-iron-round-griddle-11-21-free-store-pickup?src=SiteSearch
>>
Cast iron is marginal. You need to make sure your food isn't acidic. That made my food off limits. Use PTFE, Ceramic, and stainless..
>>
If you spend your life cooking bacon, use cast iron, otherwise don't.
>>
>>8173633
That isn't true. Just don't leave the acid in the pan for a week or anything. But you can fry tomatoes or anything you want with it.
>>
>>8173644

Do what you want, but I always tasted ferrite. and it was disgusting.
>>
>>8173651
The only way that would happen is if you ruin the seasoning on your pan. Just re-season it and you won't taste any metal.
>>
>>8173635
t. cast ironlet
>>
Buy the 10 inch if you're just cooking for yourself. The 12 inch is HEAVY.
>>
>>8173633
That's dumb, I cook tomato sauce in mine all the time. I just clean it, let it dry on the stove on high heat and wipe down with a little veg oil and its fiine.
>>
>>8173635
>implying I don't eat bacon at least six times per week
>>
>>8175177
I can agree to this these things are good and will last longer than you will but they are heavy as fuck which can be a bit of a problem when you are dishing up.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.