[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which color of egg is better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: Not_Racist_at_all.jpg (2KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Not_Racist_at_all.jpg
2KB, 225x225px
Brown or White...?
>>
Not sure there is a difference really
>>
>>8172861
Of course there is. One is brown, and one is white.
>>
>>8172857
There is no difference. Whichever is cheaper is better. Used to be brown 'cause people thought they were "dirty", now it's white 'cause people think brown ones are somehow "more organic". Morons.
>>
Woah bub didnt know i was on /pol/
you fucking racist
>>
I only have brown eggs in my local
>>
is it only me or do brown eggs have a thicker or more stable shell? i feel like there´s a slight difference when cracking them open
>>
I don't think I've ever seen a white-shelled chicken egg before.
>>
>>8173126
Me either. All My chickens lay brown eggs and I've never seen them stocked in the Super Market.
Australia by the way.
>>
>>8172857
Depends, if you're in the States organic (brown eggs) are better e.g. Phil's, or farm fresh if you're in the country. Richer orangey colored yolks. Otherwise ones bleached and the other isn't. Doesn't matter.
>>
>>8173159
you do know that the color of the egg depends on the race of the chicken, not some bullshit like organic or bleached?
>>
the difference in shell color is down entirely to difference in breed of chicken
neither white eggs or brown eggs are really superior
the eggs consistency and taste is mostly based around the freshness of the egg
stuff like shell thickness and yolk color is based around diet

i have a bunch of different breeds and they lay all sized and colors, white brown and green/blue
>>
>>8173159
This shit is exactly what I ( >>8172890 ) was talking about. Too much time on food blogs.
>>
>>8173165
Nope. I'm just judging on the color of the yolk. If you have additional educational info to add, please do. If you're just making an antagonistic shitpost, kindly shove an egg up your ass and sit on it.
>>
>>8173126
>>8173147
Straya here too. Never seen a white shelled egg.

They must have some different breeds of chickens in murica we don't have here
>>
>>8173191
>>8173186
>White-feathered chickens with white ear lobes lay white eggs and red-feathered ones with red ear lobes lay brown eggs (this may not apply to all breeds). And besides that, there are certain chickens that even lay speckled eggs and blue eggs.
>>
>>8173191
isn't it because they wash them?
I thought it was that since we don't have white eggs in europe either
>>
>>817318 yolk color is largely influenced by diet and other factors, color has little to do with anything
>>
File: s667050467430286028_p13_i1_w960.jpg (133KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
s667050467430286028_p13_i1_w960.jpg
133KB, 960x720px
Araucana eggs are superior
>>
>>8172890
>now it's white 'cause people think brown ones are somehow "more organic"
Fucking whats with this shit? I grew up with my family only getting brown eggs because they're organic.
It doesn't say specifically on the packaging but the organic eggs are always brown.
>>
>>8173201
>isn't it because they wash them?
a brown egg doesn´t become white just because it gets washed. why don´t you try it yourself?
>we don't have white eggs in europe either
i am from central europe, we have white and brown eggs in stores
>>8173501
>organic eggs are always brown
that´s just wrong, not all brown eggs are organic, not all white eggs are non-organic
shame on you all, this thread is retarded
>>
>>8172857
doesnt matter study came out years ago. both eggs taste the same. only difference is one is white and one is brown
>>
>>8173200

Wrong
>>
>>8173201
where in europe? i'm finland and we have white and brown eggs
>>
>>8175002
Scientific fact, you retarded ape.
>>
>>8174306
I don't see color, fuck off back to stormfront
>>
Browns are bigger
But I prioritize whites regardless

Whoops wrong board
>>
My mum and dad had 7 or 8 chickens, and would get a mixture of brown, white and blue eggs. No real difference except the blue eggs were smaller. Freshness is such a massive difference with eggs, I never get battery or supermarket eggs, but the difference between local farm eggs and egg just laid in the morning is huge.

Chickens are wonderful little creatures too, intelligent and affectionate. My parents would get rescue hens from battery farms, and within in a couple of weeks they will be lively, look miles better, put on weight etc.

Unfortunately my mum died last week, so the chickens are being given to neighbours. But when I retire and get a little bit of space in the county I am getting chickens, 8 hens pretty much guarantees you at least 5 eggs a day.
>>
>>8175125
Sorry about your mum m8. Chin up.
>>
File: Gary-Johnson.jpg (33KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
Gary-Johnson.jpg
33KB, 800x531px
>>8175125
>chickens
>smart

They are, bar none, the dumbest creatures I have ever interacted with. Absolutely no sense, not even for self preservation. You kill one right in front of the others and they don't even process it.

God damn reres anthropomorphizing livestock and getting emotionally attached to it.
>>
>>8175164

This, I raised egg layers for most of my childhood and they're fucking stupid as hell, almost as dumb as cows.
>>
>>8172857
White is right.™
>>
>>8174289
>>8173501
Ok, can someone explain to me how an egg can be organic or non-organic?

I don't know how you'd get more organic than literally laid by an organism.
>>
>>8172941
>>
>>8175236
It must have something to do with the chicken feed
>>
File: common-quail-eggs-13055439.jpg (37KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
common-quail-eggs-13055439.jpg
37KB, 400x267px
A challenger approaches
>>
I'm English so I'm used to brown I'm currently in norway and these white eggs arn't quite the same I prefer brown.
>>
WHITE EGGS are better because are dont organic
>>
>>8175236
you could easily google organic egg production, but for starters: only organic feed (NO GMO), no antibiotics (except in emergencies), free range is a must etc.
>>
>>8175274
They look kind of...ill.
>>
>>8175293
So shit that doesn't actually affect the egg itself, gotcha.
>>
never seen white eggs
>>
>>8175274
Lovely but a right fuck on to peel.
>>
>>8175309
>the nutrition of the chicken doesn´t effect the egg
plz be trollin
>>
>>8175316
>effect
shit, i meant affect
>>
>>8175274
They look like cute easter eggs.
>>
>>8175125
my condolences
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.