[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cocktails

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Cocktail.jpg (131KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cocktail.jpg
131KB, 1920x1200px
im wanting to add new lesser known cocktail recipes to my repertoire.

I want to test and potentially use as many as possible so if you have recipes local to where you live, or you have one of your own I'd like to hear it
>>
Was thinking about making a thread myself but I'll just post in here.

I want to start making cocktails, what's a good combination of spirits and other ingredients to get in so that I can make a good variety of them? I don't want to just make one cocktail over and over y'know?

Sorry I can't add one to your list OP.
>>
>>8172686
Tequila and rum isn't a bad choice to start with imo.

Make sure you have access to decent amounts of ice, limes, lemons and sugar syrup at a minimum. Orange, cranberry, pineapple, passionfruit and apple juice can be added into your list as you learn more than the basics.
>>
>>8172738
White rum? And what sorta things can I make with those?
>>
>>8172539
I invented the Bering Apple
fill half a rocks or Collins glass with crushed ice, pour vodka until it reaches some 2/3 of the ice, then pour apple juice and top with a splash of cola
you can substitute the vodka with gold rum depending on personal taste but then the name would stop making sense

then I invented the Batista (named like this because it resembled a Cuba Libre but wasn't really one, Batista is the surname of Cuba's dictator previous to the last revolution)
squeeze half an ounce of lemon juice, muddle mint leaves together with sugar, add 1.5oz or 2 of gold rum, shake over ice, then pour over ice in a Collins glass and fill with cola, garnish with a lemon slice
>>8172686
if you want to make "modern" the stuff get vodka, white rum and a lot of mixers - fruit juices (or fresh fruit to squeeze), lime, lemon, cane sugar, tonic water, ginger beer and so on
if you want to go for classic stuff get at least a bottle of whisky and one of Angostura, then if you can go for vermouth (white, red, whatever, depends on what you wanna do) and brandy and triple sec as well
>>8172850
white rum?
you can make a daiquiri (which should be enough to be honest family) and many variations on that, you can mix it with exotic kinda juices and make a Mai Thai, or you can make a mojito for example
>>
>>8173025
I assume a cocktail shaker will be necessary, what size should I get and what's a good ballpark price so I don't get a shit one that leaks?
>>
>>8172850

No, mate, not just white, get a decent bit of everything

With tequila you can make, of the top of my head, Tequila Acapulco, Bloody Maria, Matador, Margarita, Mexicola, Mexican Mule,Mexican Madras, Salty Chihuahua, Rude Cosmopolitan, Tequila Sunrise, Tequila Cocktail (The original Sunrise, just use 2 ounce tequila, ounce of lime juice, dash of grenadine and a dash of orange flower water if I remember right), Tequila Fizz, Tequila Colada, Tequila Mockingbird, Tequila Sour, Tequila Ghost,Tijuana Taxi, and probably more

With Rum, you could make a Rum Acapulco, Bahama Mama, Banshee, a Beachcomber, Black Devil, Castro Cooler, Cuba Libre, Dark and Stormy (Best drink IMO), tons of differnt Daiquiris, Havana Sidecar, Hurricane, Long Island Iced Tea, Mai Tai, Mojito, New Navy Grog (1 ounce dark, one ounce gold, one ounce light, half ounce lime, half ounce orange, half ounce passion fruit and half ounce pineapple juice, half ounce almond syrup), Pina Colada, Planter's Punch, Rum Cooler, Scorpion, Rum Swizzle, Rum Sangaree, Tiger's Milk, Yellow Bird and Zombie

And, you know, others
>>
>>8173046

Should mention, if you want a basic recipe for any of those I can probably think of one off the top of my head
>>
>>8173049
Bloody hell, you're spoiling me here. Tell me about Daiquiris, what do I have to substitute and that to get each type. Is it more syrup or juice?

Funny you should mention dark and stormy actually, ginger beer was my go to mixer for dark rum back in highschool.
>>
>>8172850

>White rum

Lots of tropical drinks. Think daiquiris and mojitos.
>>
>>8173068

Well we have, in the order I can actually remember them:

Classic: 2 ounces light rum, ounce of lime juice, half an ounce sugar/simple syrup

Frozen: 2 ounces white rum, about three quarter ounce of lime juice, half an ounce simple syrup and a dash of maraschino liqueur. Or, you know, use the same as above

Guava Daquiri is 2 ounces of Dark Rum, ideally Rhum Barbancourt, 2 ounces guava necrar, three quarter ounces of lime juice, teaspoon of really fine sugar, and if you;re feeling posh a lime peel spiral

Now Hemingway has his own variation, which is 3 ounces white, half an ounce of maraschino liqueur, one and a half ounces grapefruit juice, and three quarter ounces lime juice. You take all that and blend it with crushed ice and bam, squeeze a lime wedge over and you're golden

Now what did you mean by substitutions mate?
>>
>>8173122

Oh, and to answer the OP's question, try Monster Ultra Zero and Rosso (sweet) Vermouth

Rossobomb mate, get in on that
>>
>>8172539
dont know if Blue Lagoon is a lesser know cocktail, but its Goat.

>4cl Vodka
>2cl Blue Curacao
>1cl fresh lemon juice
>fill with ice (shake if u want)
>20cl Sprite
>>
>>8173044
>shaker
everything goes really
I used a plastic glass inside a glass glass as a substitute for a Boston shaker for some time, and and now I'm using a normal sized cobbler
I don't even remember what size that is exactly, IIRC it's something like 750ml, or possibly 500ml, but basically whatever shaker you go for will work nicely unless it's really small
also not all cocktails need shaking - some are prepared right in the glass, say the gin tonic, and some are "stirred", which means stirred with a long spoon (a bar spoon traditionally) in a tall and large cylindrical glass with ice.
this is usually done with cocktails that don't involve lemon or lime juice, say the old fashioned
one thing you'll need is ice, so stock up on these little trays you put in the fridge with water in to make ice

then read how to mix drinks by Jerry Thomas and try a lot of stuff
this very last bit is very important
>>
>>8172539
Blood orange Paloma:
>1/2c blood orange juice
>1c Soda water
>1/4oz simple syrup
>2.5oz tequila
>Twist of blood orange

or a lazy version:

3pt Blood orange soda (World Market has a good one)
1pt Tequila
1Tbsp per 2oz tequila
Twist of citrus
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.