[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is tequila the least respected spirit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

Why is tequila the least respected spirit?
>>
latinphobia, same reason people shit on italian food

scary brown people coming to burn your taste buds with strange flavours and screw your pasty white girls
>>
>>8171035
You really think so?

I think it's the way people drink it.
>>
File: 1429995544104.jpg (48KB, 627x626px) Image search: [Google]
1429995544104.jpg
48KB, 627x626px
>>8171035
>>
>>8171035
People hate on Italian food?

>>8171041
I agree. Also bad tequila is a really awful thing which is probably what a lot of people are drinking when they just want to get sloshed.

Tequila is good.
>>
It has a bad rap for getting people retardedly drunk. Probably bc it's always done in shots & the whole worm thing. Some tequilas are really tasty while most are shitty overall. Vodka/rum/whiskey all mix better than tequila. It's more of a special occasion drink in my experience
>>
>>8171035
>screw your pasty white girls

White Guy with minimal game reporting in, can confirm that tequila makes their pants fall off even if I spaghetti.
>>
>>8171027
I think its mostly that the american public isn't very aware of whats good and whats bad tequila, and like rum the quality can vary greatly between brands
>>
>>8171076
This. Also the latinaphobia thing. In general, people think of things from Mexico as being cheap or low quality, so that really doesn't help tequila's reputation.

But in general, it's a fairly new spirit to most of America, and it started off with a bad reputation. It's not seen as a classy drink like most whiskies and the like. It's seen as a cheap booze that college students drink when they want to get crazy. Most people think there's something special about it that makes you drunker and crazier than everything else. Basically, people are stupid and think that it's a cheap, party drink for no reason, which is kind of sad, because good tequila (and mescal, for that matter) are about as good as anything else you can get.
>>
>>8171076

The general public doesn't know much about alcohol in general. Same reason Mexican beer and liquor is loved by Americans. They think corona/modelo/tecate are some special beer when they're shittier than most American macros
>>
>>8171089
I think the phobia is part of it but the other issue is it just doesn't mix as well as whiskey, vodka, or rum. Its always going to be second tier like gin and liqueur
>>
>>8171102

Yup. The top 3 will always win. Every other liquor is an outcast
>>
>>8171109
Its gotten so bad that the big three are starting to replace the traditional less popular liquors in a lot of cocktails
>>
>>8171113

Which cocktails?
>>
>>8171120
martinis come to mind
>>
>>8171120
>>8171124

I saw a Paloma made with vodka and wanted to die.
>>
>>8171027
>Why is tequila the least respected spirit?

99.75% of tequila is vile SHIT.
>>
Tequila tastes bad unless its with something super acidic. Then again I hate the taste of whiskey too
>>
>>8171091
Tecate is the worst beer I've ever tasted. Corona was okay.
>>
>>8171027
Most tequila tastes like I had a sugar gnome take a violent shit down my throat
>>
File: 1429364451461.jpg (517KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1429364451461.jpg
517KB, 1920x1080px
>>8171035

who the fuck shits on Italian food?
>>
>>8171243
Its just a retarded teenager quit giving him attention
>>
File: 25363_hr[1].jpg (167KB, 1625x2166px) Image search: [Google]
25363_hr[1].jpg
167KB, 1625x2166px
tequila a shit
mezcal is far more interesting in my opinion
>>
>>8171089
>things from Mexico as being cheap or low quality

Maybe the impression has to do with the "immigrants"?
>>
>>8171091
modelo negra is legit good. To be fair I only drink mexican beer at mexican food places. For some reason I just enjoy a Pacifico/Modelo with my burrito, even if only to convince myself that I'm being "cultural"
>>
>>8171239

Being from south Texas, tecate was always a 2nd pick. We all drank miller/bud. Most people thought Mexican beer was overpriced. But now I'm on the east coast and people seem to love Mexican beer. I wish we could get Indio here
>>
>>8171027
It tastes weird, it's really bitter and seems to sting more than other spirits even when the ABV% is the same.
>>
It tastes like burnt ass hole

And has a bad reputation because obnoxious people drink it to get "wasted"

America has the worst drinking culture of any country
>>
>>8171281
>Being from south Texas
My condolences.
>>
Wouldn't be if people didn't shit themselves and fight midgets while drinking it smdh
>>
File: 1475123835934.jpg (38KB, 450x495px) Image search: [Google]
1475123835934.jpg
38KB, 450x495px
>>8171035
These plebs are shitting on you. But I agree.
>>
>>8171305
Fact but I think some scuzzier parts of europe rival it
>>
>>8171027
A few reasons.

1. Peopke generally associate things made in Mexico with low quality.

2. It's generally regarded as being a party drink- most people only know of it in shot form, and have the idea that it somehow gets you more drunk than other spirits.

3. Bad tequila is REALLY bad. A lot of people's forst experiences with a spirit are with the bottom shelf form. Bottom shelf bourbon or scotch aren'tnearly as bad as bottom shelf tequila, so for a lot of people it makes a bad first impression.

It's unfortunate because sipping tequila/mescal can be really great, but for the most part it's a perceived image issue.
>>
>>8171243
People shit talk Italian food because its been elevated way above the level it deserves. 90% of the dishes are a combination of flour, tomatoes, basil, and/or cheese.

A lot of those dishes are good and Italian food is typically one of the first "foreign" foods a lot of people come into but because of other countries foods finally not being shat on for being foreign Italian cuisine has been given a hard look in recent years
>>
>>8171305
Imma have to disagree with you on that. Now it's true that we've been around for only a few centuries, but we've got some interesting shit going on inside the bar.
And I say this only because I'm sure the same predator and hobo drunk bullshit is going on around the world. So you look at the spirits, beers, and wine we've got going on. And you can hardly complain. In the end it's the people. And I bet people suck everywhere.
>>
You mean gin?

Gin gets shit on here constantly. I'd say it's to vodka what fine scotch is to whiskey.
>>
>>8171371
But anon, scotch is whisky ;)
>>
I used to hate tequila until I shelled out the extra 8-10 bucks for the real 100% blue agave stuff, much nicer flavor and smoothness
>>
>>8171027
Women
>>
>>8171027
bad tequila is fucking dire, and who ever starts off drinking top shelf?
>>
Dk, but fucking sucks how expensive it is in Australia brah
>>
>>8171027
because it's shitty mexican paint thiner
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.