[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you fry eggs with? butter or oil?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

File: 6-Pack-Chicken-Eggs.jpg (3MB, 4212x2560px) Image search: [Google]
6-Pack-Chicken-Eggs.jpg
3MB, 4212x2560px
what do you fry eggs with? butter or oil?
>>
Schmaltz usually
>>
white wine
>>
Vegeta oil with nappa and radishes.
>>
The tears of vegan children
>>
File: bacon-grease.jpg (77KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
bacon-grease.jpg
77KB, 576x432px
The grease of the bacon previously cooked on the same skillet.
>>
>>8171019
this, or sausage

although I generally throw a paper towel in first to soak most of the grease up first
>>
>>8171019
You disgusting carnist

I'm reporting this post to the FBI so you can be imprisoned and immediately executed
>>
A bone dry nonstick pan.
>>
>>8170989
I use butter usually
>>
>>8170989
For me it's the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich
>>
>>8170989
Yes.
>>
>>8171019
I was like 13 before I knew that was not the only way to fry an egg.
>>
>>8170989
Both
>>
>>8170989
>what do you fry eggs with? butter or oil?

Little bit of olive oil. Little bit of butter. Yum.
>>
>>8170989
Bacon fat.
>>
...vegetable oil
>>
>>8170989
Why are the brown ones bigger than the white ones?
>>
>>8171019
fat fuck

it doesnt even work that well 2bh, bacon greease is too thin
>>
>>8171276
>you just know
>>
Scramble: all butter.

Fry: little bit of butter for flavor, mostly veg oil though.
>>
>>8171038
lets see a pic of your shitty eggs
>>
>>8170989
Depends, sometimes I cook other parts of my meals with oil and like to vary my oil/butter use. Typically I use oil, so I can get into baking a little more, or cooking the rest of my meal. I have been using butter to scramble my eggs lately however.
>>
>>8171029
lol
>>
File: 51V2NsfmhdL.jpg (37KB, 295x500px) Image search: [Google]
51V2NsfmhdL.jpg
37KB, 295x500px
>>8171010
>radishes

The plural for radish is raditz dumbass
>>
>>8171019
Winter's Bone tier
>>
>>8170989
Fried eggs in bacon grease.

Scrambled in butter.
>>
I use vegemite m8
>>
>>8172798
>being this stupid
>>
>>8170989
olive oil
>>
Nothing you gook
>>
>>8170989
it depends tbqh but usually grapeseed or olive oil
>>
>>8172821
>missing the joke
>>
Clarified butter if I have any left, otherwise just butter
>>
I do both
Its called BOiling
>>
>>8171019
this. God just like mother used to fry them :(
>>
>>8170989
Butter.
I don't eat eggs all that often though
>>
>>8170989
Butter. gives a better taste, i don't like browning on my eggs no matter how i cook them.
>>
>>8171019
Everytime I try doing this, I'm too impatient to let the grease cool down, so my egg is nuked the second I crack it.
>>
File: 20160929_090454.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160929_090454.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>8171343
Butter advocate. But nonstick pans cook eggs just fine. Pic related.
>>
>>8171301
nothing wrong with bacon grease.
>>
>>8170989
good butter for taste
>>
Butter, very low heat and pinch of salt and pepper as soon as it goes in the pan.

When the whites are relatively solid I turn the heat off and let the heat from the pan warm the yolk through.
>>
>>8172798
Whats wrong with MSG.

Pleez
>>
>>8176750
I love how people fell for the nonstick oil-less crepes.
They taste like SHIT.

Food has to have fat in it.
>>
semen
>>
>>8178259
>>8178259
It's not a crepe. It's an omelette made with Egg, Milk, Salt, Pepper.

I'm not discounting that objectively, an egg made with butter tastes better, but the taste of a Egg is delicious by itself and does not need additional fat to make it taste good.

People here should understand that sometimes you will want to taste just the egg, and not the butter, oil, or additional fat with it. If you can enjoy poached, onsen, or soft & hardboiled, or even raw eggs, you should be able to enjoy an egg cooked in a skillet without butter, oil, or fat.
>>
Call me boring but i just use vegetable oil
>>
>>8171049
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>8171212
>>8171203

Same. Oil to keep the egg from sticking/burning, and butter for taste.
>>
I use whatever fat/oil is conveniently available. If I've made some kind of meat (bacon, sausage, whatever), I'll use the fat from that. If I'm frying or roasting some potatoes or vegetables, I'll use whatever oil I'm using for that. If I'm just making simple eggs and toast, I'll use butter.
>>
>>8175462
I use a lower temperature to cook my bacon than I do for my eggs. I like to cook bacon on a bit less heat and more slowly, so I can get it to exactly the right crispiness without burning it.
>>
Olive oil. Used to use butter but not anymore and boy do I miss it.
>>
duck fat
best eggs youll ever have
>>
olive oil
wait until it's smoking then crack that egg in and furiously spoon oil over egg. Crunchy bits around the side warm but not firm yolk and light and fluffy whites as a result. And the egg cooks in like about 30 seconds.
>>
>>8180367
Butter or bacon grease, oil makes it taste like shit.
>>
>>8178310
currently eating egg with just milk, salt and pepper. butter isn't needed. my egg is dank.
>>
MD2020

yes you read that right

MD
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.