[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, I heard that nitrates in processed meats give you cancer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

Guys, I heard that nitrates in processed meats give you cancer.
>>
>>8170599
You're a cutie, but funny too.
>>
>>8170599
I hope not!

>>Gotta have my Gabbagool
>>
>>8170624
Forgot to post pic
>>
>>8170599
Having over 50g of cured (not just processed) via nitrates meat increases risk of cancer by about ~18%. Sounds like a lot, but it only increases your normal 0.0001% risk to like 0.000118%. As a comparison, smoking increases risk somewhere around 25,000%.
>>
something is going to cause you to die and there's nothing you can do about it
>>
>>8170599
How about this? Don't worry about it, but don't eat it all the time. If that doesn't work, cure your own meat like I do where I can use the minimum allowable amount for safety.

Or do you want to buy into the corporate amerifag meme that you can't make your own food?
>>
>>8170638
while those are some really neato numbers you typed, men born in 1960 have a lifetime cancer risk of 53.5 percent, and the risk is 47.5 percent for women.
>>
>>8170599
There are more nitrates in an arugula salad then in 100 hot dogs.
>>
>>8170634
if it's made correctly it won't have any nitrates in it
>>
Yes, they do. Do you have a question?
>>
>>8170742
Maybe, in certain parts of Italy under extremely well controlled environments. The term "botulism" derives from Latin for cured meats. Don't try at home without nitrites/nitrates.
>>
>>8170599
Everything gives you cancer nowadays. You'll live easier just accepting this.
>>
>>8170769
Does smoked meats give you cancer?
>>
>>8170807
>smoking causes cancer
>meat causes cancer

what do you think
>>
>>8170835
The two cancers kill each other and you end up totally healthy. Trust me I'm a doctor this is actually the secret cancer cure the government doesn't want you to know about.
>>
>>8170724
Yes. Imagine dying of cancer at 88.
>>
>>8171261
>88
>Missing out on at least 20 more years of comfy old-man life

Get fucked.
>>
>>8170599
tfw everything you eat gives you cancer
tfw family history of cancer means I'm pretty much guaranteed some form of cancer
tfw my job doubles risk of most forms of cancer

tfw gonna die of cancer
>>
>>8171614
what job?
>>
>>8170599
In what chinese cartoon paperback could I find additional illustrations of this jism prism?
>>
>>8171293
>implying life past 70 is in any way comfy
>>
The cancer related to it, gastric adenocarcinoma, usually doesn't even appear until after 40 and incidence peaks at 70, fucking 70. If you're paranoid about getting it, get upper GI endoscopies.
>>
Eating kimchi gives you stomach cancer.
>>
>>8170599
Absolutely they do, unfortunately so do about five thousand other things. I don't understand these idiots who worry about cancer risk, half of the Earth will get it in some form before they die so you might as well just have fun and plan to die at 50, that way if you don't get cancer it's a nice surprise that you get to live an extra 20 years.
>>
>>8172339
>not wanting to slowly lose control over your body and then your mind
pussy
>>
>>8174128
Just start drinking heavily, you'll achieve the same effect
>>
>>8174136
ok doc
>>
>>8170599
Only in the state of California.
>>
>>8174187
>no water
>more cancer
why do people live there again?
>>
>>8174209
Money.
>>
don't eat gabagool grandma, it's nothing but fat and nitrates
>>
>>8170724
>life time cancer risk
dumbass, that multiplier isn't for all cancer types.
Nitrocimenes are part of the digestive system and cause problems in that localized area. the actual chance of cancer is increased for the specific cancer it causes.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.