[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No; black jeans, Dockers, slacks, or cargoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20161009_163128.jpg (2MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161009_163128.jpg
2MB, 2160x3840px
So what do I wear to wash dishes in /ck/? What are clean properly fitted pants if not slacks /ck/? I don't wanna lose this job as soon as I start, it took me three fucking interviews just to get a dishwashing job here

Pic related
>>
>>8170572
http://www.chefscloset.com/kitchen-pant.html

Do they not provide uniform?
>>
>>8170593
I think they just provide the chef coat. They gave me a 20 page manual to read, which I did, and it never specified if they'd give me them or not. I'd ask but I'm almost certain they'd just refer me to the manual while simultaneously losing standing to them. Orientation is tomorrow so I guess I'll find out then.
>>
>>8170619
Just ask.

You already have zero standing. You havent even started yet. Its not a stupid question if it means you get away with buying cheap trousers rather than expensive ones.

Also just take a look at what other people are wearing. The manager might tell you to follow the manual because thats what they have to do, but if other people arent following it, chances are you'll get away with not following it as well.

More important than what type of black trousers is that you work fast. If your a fast worker, theres plenty you can get away with.
>>
pretty sure it means black pants with no extra pockets
I mean I like to buy like Izod's or something like that but a lot of people wear Dickie's
I think those are super not comfy and trashy, hence the izods
are all those slacks though? Idk sounds like you're about to work for some real cunts desu
>>
>>8170572
>either clean shaven or full beard

never seen that before.
>>
File: 1465042843451.jpg (60KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
1465042843451.jpg
60KB, 640x519px
>>8170572
Just wear whatever the fuck you want lmoa you arent doing the world justice washing dishes
>>
>>8170572
I love how they say you need to take a shower daily in the rules. That's good for you, or else you'd work next to smelly pants who doesn't believe in anti-perspirant deodorant AND doesn't shower daily.
Sad but true, I'd dine anywhere where the kitchen staff had to follow those rules and appeared clean cut and groomed. Facial hair is gross. Visible tattoos are a don't-care-if-I-get-hepatitis unhygienic turn-off too.

There are actual chef pants. They seem as comfy looking as doctor's scrubs, and the fabric holds up. They'll be made of the right fabric that won't sweat out your privates and they'll stay up at the waist while your hands are busy cooking. I guess you need to get the real pants (in black!) if work dickies and jeans aren't allowed. The dockers not being allowed must have something to do with the waistband not being supportive enough, pressing required or just nasty spot removal, no idea there.
>>
>>8170676
It prevents the prepubescent bad genes lack of beard guy from looking bad. Not everyone can really grow on well, and probably shouldn't. I guess some people, like those with weak chins, can sometimes pull it off or look cool doing so, but they don't want the George Michael wannabe that can't really do it, with his neckbeard.
>>
>>8170688
This guys is 50% right
>>
For fucks sake, at least get the whole goddamn page in the frame
>>
What are you expected to wear?
Black pants but not slacks or jeans.

Black chinos?
>>
>>8170572
jebus I work an office for a semi-large company and the only thing I can't wear is sweatpants.
>>
>>8171105
Exactly.

I work for a large company as well and to be perfectly honest, I could probably get away with wearing sweat pants to work.

I used to show up in shorts and a t-shirt and sandals all the time and nobody gave a fuck.

Ridiculously restrictive dress codes like that are elitist bullshit created by dipshits who pretend to be more important than they actually are just to try and impress people who don't give a fuck about them in the first place.
>>
>>8171165
fuck, if I have to dress up for a meeting or something I might rock khakis and a polo shirt. Chances are the CEO/VPs are wearing the exact same thing.

And thats a 1500 employee, multinational company in a somewhat conservative field.
>>
>>8171185
shit man, i work for a fortune 500 company and dress code for men is "collared shirt, nothing with rips in it and no sandals". even less restrictive for women
>>
>>8171198
The only thing I gave a shit about when I worked dishpit/line was something that would hide stains and not hold heat for too long if I got splashed with hot water/oil.

That dress code is retarded and if the rest of the kitchen is run with that kind of micromanaging get the fuck out OP.

In fairness and reality. Some places put a very strict dress code in place that they stop caring about the minute you become a valuable employee.

Just play their stupid game till you figure out whats going on. Good Luck.
>>
honestly I think asking the dishwasher to look like the fucking king of england is pretty fucked up
>>
>>8170572

>2016 job market
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.