[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what food processor should i get and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: Food_Processor_2.jpg (577KB, 1989x1677px) Image search: [Google]
Food_Processor_2.jpg
577KB, 1989x1677px
what food processor should i get and why?
>>
Bump for interest. What's the minimum price point that's worth buying? What features should I look out for?
>>
Id reccomend a thermomix, its good for everything it advertises as doing (except i still kneed my dough). Pretty durable too
>>
>>8170238
>>8172098

In my experience this is HIGHLY dependent on what you want to do with it. Especially the "what features should I look for" question.

Some people use the food pro to make dough. That requires (obviously) a dough blade and a strong, powerful machine. That requirement is radically different from someone who just wants to make salsa.

>>8172114
That's a blender you retard.
>>
>>8170238
Looks like a very good one you have posted here. A top to pour in wet, or solids little by little. Not so big of waisted space after placing for storage. Easy clean up.
>>
>>8172128
Isnt it the same thing as a food processor?
>>
>>8170238
if you're ready to drop some serious dosh on one, go the commercial route and get a robo coupe, but they're nearly a thousand buck used, so you gotta be serious about it,
>>
>>8172128
Not that guy, but bumping for interest.
I want to make pastes, sauces, pestos, hummus, tabouli, etc.
I have a kitchen aid mixer for doughs.
>>
>>8172233
Hell no.

Blenders have a small blade, a tall narrow container, and operate at high speed. They are generally used for liquids or very "runny" sorts of things. The thermomix is a very special, very expensive version of that which has a built-in heater.

A food processor has a short, wide, container. The blade is much larger, flat in shape, and operates much more slowly. It can be used to slice, shred, or grate foods. It generally is not used with liquids. It can handle thick pastes much better than a blender can.

They are different tools for different jobs.
>>
>>8172243

You want a blender for that. Vitamix or Blendtec. Get a refurb one to save major $$$.
>>
>>8172244
Oh, that seems kind of useless then, like the time saved not cutting it is lost cleaning and prepping it
>>
I got a Hamilton beach one free because my frequent flyer miles were expiring. I made refried beans in it yesterday
>>
>>8172331
brotip: be careful blending or processing starchy foods, overdo it and you'll end up with glue
>>
>>8170238
used vitamix
basically perfect, if you have the space for it
>>
>>8170238
robocoup
>>
File: made-in-usa-meat-cleaver-01.22.jpg (27KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
made-in-usa-meat-cleaver-01.22.jpg
27KB, 700x700px
How come they haven't made any waterproof electric food processors? It would make them a lot easier to clean: just dunk the fucking thing in water when you're done.

Until then, pic related is the best.
>>
>>8172114
>thermomix
fucking kill yourself

Theromix is the machine you buy, if you CANT COOK AT ALL.
>>
>>8173124
>How come they haven't made any waterproof electric food processors?

My mother bought hers like 10 years ago and they everything, except the base is waterproof.
And if you arent completly retarded, there shouldnt come much dirt on the base.
>>
>>8172248
The fuck? You're insane dude. Blendtec and Vitamix are definitely the way to go for a blender but you don't want that power for pesto, tabouli, etc. Purees/soups, for sure, just not something requiring coarse grinds or thicker viscosity.

Robocoup is definitely the best choice, but can get pricey like the blendtec/vitamix. I've gotten by easily with a Cuisinart 11c(?) processor for a good eight years now and it's still going great. It'll probably set you back around $120-140, but it'll do the harder jobs, like start off bread dough/crush ice or make smooth ass hummus(which is more about the cooking of the beans than the pureeing desu).

The only shit part of the cuisinart is the protection guard. Try to find a model that doesn't require a "mouth" insert so you can stream in things like oil or other ingredients easier.
>>
File: 61jUgBGGvDL._SL1500_.jpg (114KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61jUgBGGvDL._SL1500_.jpg
114KB, 1200x1500px
>>8170238
This one, usually 25 on Amazon. Works great, lots of power and larger in size. The grater on it works great, shredded a bunch of carrots like they were nothing.
>>
>>8172337
Yeah I had to add more liquid than usual to keep it sounding like it was processing as it normally should, it struggled for a couple seconds before I turned it off and added more liquid.
>>
File: Kitchenaid_7cup.jpg (105KB, 1060x1060px) Image search: [Google]
Kitchenaid_7cup.jpg
105KB, 1060x1060px
>>8170238
If you want to put up a small ($50-70) investment, pic related is an amazing tool.
It has a variable size mandolin-like attachment that makes clean slices for au gratin or carrot medallions
It has both a coarse and fine shredder. It handles meat like a champion
>>
>>8174236
kitchenaid seems meme-tier
i have a cast iron casserole of theirs that's fine but the mixer i had didn't last at all
>>
File: RUSTIC.jpg (42KB, 500x519px) Image search: [Google]
RUSTIC.jpg
42KB, 500x519px
>food processor
>>
>>8174284
Go ahead and use that for shredding veggies quickly.
>>
>>8170238
get the kenwood or breville with all the attachments: a good machine should be able to do everything and you should only have to buy them ONCE
>>
>>8174250
Kitchenaid mixers have issues with plastic parts breaking down.
It's easy to fix, as they were intended to be the likely point of failure because of their accessibility

If you don't wanna pay for repair, Youtube will show you how to fix it
>>
>>8172241
>>8172381
>>8173512

>robot coupe

mah niggas. anybody who has worked in a pro kitchen knows. the machine is a work of art
>>
>>8174308
I will. Sit tight, I'll be right back.
>>
>>8174383
does it juice?

i almost don't want it to because i already have a $500 juicer
>>
>>8174396
they make a juicer but it's $1500+
>>
>>8174396
>>8174398

realized that didn't really answer your question

no the standard robot coupe food processor is not a juicer

also realized I know fuck all about juicers
>>
File: 61uTYE3G8LL._SL256_.jpg (16KB, 256x210px) Image search: [Google]
61uTYE3G8LL._SL256_.jpg
16KB, 256x210px
>>8174371
Only the Artisan consumer line. The Professional 600 series models have full metal gear boxes (I know because I have one and unscrewed the back end of the housing when it arrived last year to check).
http://foodal.com/kitchen/kitchen-appliances/stand-mixers/kitchenaid-6-quart-professional-600-series-review/
>>
>>8174398
>>8174401
appreciated, regardless
>>
>>8172248
didn't know about refurb pages. seems pretty neat
Do you know any more pages like those?
>>
>>8174396
>>8174398
what the fuck
How does a fucking machine that makes fucking juice justifies costing the same than a top grade gaming computer?
>>
>>8175667
>muh gaymen pee see
because it's a tool known for its reliability that professionals use to make money
grow up
>>
is it worth getting a food processor if I'm only really going to use it for fast vegetable prep? would it be better to just get a mandolin?
>>
>>8176184
Probably.
>>
>>8174420
I believe the board is a failure point on those. You can get a replacement chip and install it with household tools.

I'm sure there's a video of it somewhere
>>
>>8170238
Cuisinart. Parts are replaceable so when the blades get dull. you can buy new ones instead of chuck the entire thing.
>>
>>8175661
seconding this, im a cheap fuck, so saving money arouses me
>>
>>8175667
>$1500
>top-grade gaming computer

top lol
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.