[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How'd I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20161009_160048.jpg (2MB, 2688x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161009_160048.jpg
2MB, 2688x1512px
How'd I do?
>>
>>8170038
looks like puke.
>>
At least you can feed yourself
>>
not enough sauce mate
>>
what am I judging you on?
because no
I mean, you didn't even plate it.

Or are you serving it straight from the pot?
>>
>>8170051
i bought a jar, then the jar ended up not being big enough

>>8170044
tastes about one notch above puke, why am I so bad at cooking
>>
>>8170038
It's something
>>
>>8170058
you barely tried and failed miserably. congratulations
>>
>>8170058
Next time make a good suace, then toss the noodles in it. Yknow, instead of barfing in the pot.
>>
>>8170038
Who shit in my penne
>>
>>8170038
cut your onions smaller or alternatively cook them longer before adding the beef
cook the beef longer before adding the tomato
add herbs and garlic when you're frying the meat so the herbs release their flavour
use tomato paste as well as fresh or canned tomatoes
cook your pasta in a separate pot so it doesn't go all soggy and shit after a while
>>
>>8170038
The water in the bottom left doesn't make it look very appetizing. Is that couscous in there?
>>
>>8170106
that is called ground beef
>>
>>8170058

You're probably retarded or something.

Sadly, there's no easy fix for that.
>>
>>8170038
Next time just pour everything into a baking tray with some grated cheese on top and crisp that shit in the oven. You can add some chopped spinach or other greens to keep it from getting too dry.
>>
>>8170038
>>8170058
Is it an attempt at American Chop Suey? If it tastes like puke did you season any of the components?
>>
>>8170067
I lost
>>
Why is it in a lodge dutch oven?
>>
>>8170038
>>8170085
Pretty much this OP. Step 1) brown beef, and remove and drain fat. Step 2) add olive oil, finely diced onions and grated carrot, minced garlic, sauté until soft. Step 3) make a spot in the center of the Dutch oven and put a good healthy dollop of tomato paste, allow it to caramelize. Step 4) mix the tomato paste up with the rest of your veg, deglaze with alternatively a bit of red wine, and/or Roma tomatoes that you've crushed in your hands. Add a bit of beef stock/broth if it's too thick. Step 5) return beef & simmer, if using fresh oregano and basil, add them towards the end, if using dried, add them around step 3. If you have the end of a piece of parm its good to add at this stage as well. Step 6) when pasta is done drain all but ~1/3 of the water off, add sauce and cook in a pan until sauce is reduced and coats pasta nicely.
>>
>>8170038
>onions not cooked down
>watery sauce not sticking to pasta
>poor choice of noodle
>no evidence of cheese or basil

it seems like you did not do very well
>>
Op here I tried to eat this for lunch today had a couple bites and put the rest away. Not sure what went so wrong I usually am fine at making pasta but this shit was atrocious.
>>
>>8170038
GODDAMMIT who shitted up the pot again
>>
>>8173150
There are wins and losses. Keep at it OP.
>>
I like your french fries
>>
>>8170058
>i bought a jar
you fucked up from the beginning.
>>
>>8170038
Needs more color
>>
File: butt.png (250KB, 905x684px) Image search: [Google]
butt.png
250KB, 905x684px
>>8170038
>>
I'd eat it, OP. Needs a bit more sauce, but its easy to have too much stuff and not enough sauce. Its why having extra stuff on hand like canned tomato sauce is easy to fix quantity mistakes.
>>
>>8170038
Its hard to make food look appetizing in a photo, it was probably good.
>>
>>8170038
it looks edible
>>
>>8170038
Wrong noodles and wrong meat! Maybe try spaghetti or something less dense next time?

It seems you have a lot of water at the bottom. Remember, you can always reduce (boil off the water until it becomes thick).

Better luck next time anon!
>>
>>8170038
>Chinese garlic
I never by produce if I can help it that comes from China. Too much shit in their air
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.