[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1980's Toastmaster 250b

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: waff.jpg (279KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
waff.jpg
279KB, 1152x648px
I finally moved out of my parent's basement a few months ago, and among other things they let me take the Belgian Waffler. It's been in my family as long as I have. I'd love to clean it up a bit, since it's covered in decades of stains. But I just took a Magic Eraser to it for like 15 minutes and nothing happened.
How do I clean this damn thing? Or should I even bother? The stains give it character, I guess.

Also, waffle recipes please. I've just been using Krusteaz.
>>
The stains will go away if you namedrop more brand names
>>
>>8169645
>I just took a melamine sponge to it
>I've just been using store bought Belgian waffle mix
Just trying to be specific.
>>
Try cream cleaner or maybe try gently using fine steel wool. (try on a small area first)
>>
>>8169717
Thanks! I'll give cream cleaner a try.
>>
>>8169638
Rubbing alcohol is your friend here.
>>
>>8169638
dish soap and hot water
the jif, or cif or what ever its fucking called these days to polish it up.
>>
Maybe try Bar Keeper's friend (try on a small surface)
>>
>>8169738
>>8169824
Tried rubbing alcohol and dish soap. No dice.
Will definitely try cream cleaner though, thanks.
>>
>>8169638

Toilet bowl cleaner. Wear gloves, scrub it in, let it set for 10-30 minutes and wash thoroughly with dishsoap after. Make sure it's the kind with 9%+ HCL.
>>
>>8169638
It's got a beige enamel coating, so I wouldn't scrub it with something scatchy like a brillo pad (which is what I'd use on corningware or pyrex that have oven seared oil like that). I'd leave it nice and ugly to preserve the coating. It's got the oven baked kind of thing from decades of oil spritzes.

Do not clean the inside other than with soap and water on a sponge. If it hasn't been used in a while, it could have sticky rancid oil residue inside, but that can be cleaned off, and then a throwaway first waffle.

If it really bothers you, you need to wipe it with oven cleaner, being careful not to get the inside. If the coating doesn't bug you if it comes off, you want bartenders friend, or brillo pads with soap. Also there are several grades of Magic Eraser.
>>
>>8169717
don't rub it with steel wool you will ruin the coating. First, reassamble the plates and nuke them in dishwasher on highest temperature. Take warm not very damp cloth and use cream cleaner. Leave it to soak up a bit then try rubbing it with vigor
>>
>>8169871
>>8169871
Thanks for the detailed response. I would indeed like to preserve the coating, so I won't use brillo pads or steel wool.
>>
>>8169638
the staining is baked on grease and oil.
like the seasoning on a cast iron pan.

If you can take it apart without destroying, run it through a dish washer on hot.
Failing that use a strong solvent. Like acetone, toluene, sulphuric acid or 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine
>>
>>8169932
don't use toluene lol. acetone is fine and sulfuric acid also but use after it a ton of water to rinse it thoroughly
>>
Too many weak ass suggestions in here. Soapy water aint gunnu do shit.

Get yourself some D9 oven cleaner. Youll have it looking like new within 15 minutes, no effort required.
>>
Use the most toxic cleaner you can find, because fuck the environment.
>>
why not just buy a new one
>>
>>8169638
Try barkeepers friend.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.