[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how come amerifats don't eat lamb?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 11

File: images.jpg (29KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
29KB, 470x313px
how come amerifats don't eat lamb?
>>
>>8168883
It's too delicious for them.
>>
Because they would rather eat beef that's force-fed GMO corn and antibiotics

I just had lamb shanks braised in red wine and sauce for dinner, fucking winner it was
>>
>>8168883
Too much flavor. It actually tastes like something instead of the sawdust that is USica factory beef.
>>
>>8168883
We do faggot.
>>
File: 2000%Cuck.jpg (3KB, 85x125px) Image search: [Google]
2000%Cuck.jpg
3KB, 85x125px
>>8168883
what a fag
>>
File: McD-McChicken.jpg (2MB, 2800x1620px) Image search: [Google]
McD-McChicken.jpg
2MB, 2800x1620px
For me.
>>
>>8168883
They don't tend to eat much Lamb and I've wondered why before. I took a load of Lamb chops to a BBQ once that was full of Eastern Euros(Baltics mainly) . .. they would touch it with a barge-pole, they don't like Lamb either.

>>8168889
>I just had lamb shanks braised in red wine and sauce for dinner
You got those from Lidl didn't you?
They're quite nice actually and Lidls also do frozen roast potatos with duck fat. I often microwave some veg and have that for a quick and easy Sunday Lunch.
>>
>>8168938
>You got those from Lidl didn't you?

Lidl isn't even in my country. The shanks came from my local butcher and I cooked them in a sauce I made from a recipe

I avoid pre marinated or processed shit
>>
File: cGVn18Z.png (493KB, 600x622px) Image search: [Google]
cGVn18Z.png
493KB, 600x622px
I eat it all the time. Lamb fat is best fat
>>
>>8168883
same reason they mutilate their dicks
>>
places lamb is eaten:
the mediterranean
sand nigger countries
poo nigger countries
great shitain
australia

think about that
>>
>>8169068
wow it really makes you think
>>
>>8168887
>>8168889
>>8168901
>>8169061
OBSESSED
B
S
ESSED

>>8168883
iObsessed(tm)
>>
Americans eat lamb. I was at Publix yesterday and they were selling lots of lamb. There are a few restaurants nearby that serve it.

It's very difficult to find sheep milk, but lamb is everywhere here.
>>
>>8168883
Not as popular as beef or chicken. I really want try lamb but fucking no place has it in my area. I think it's the same reason veal isn't popular, no one wants to eat a cute widdle animal.
>>
Lamb is harder to prepare right than beef

You need to cook lamb slow & low to melt all the tendons, sinew, etc.
>>
>>8168938
>I took a load of Lamb chops to a BBQ once that was full of Eastern Euros(Baltics mainly) . .. they would touch it with a barge-pole, they don't like Lamb either.
as a balt - lamb is an special occasion meat, you don't bring it to casual meet ups and it's not really cooked often
>>
>>8169068
and norway :-)
>>
I'm in the midwest and can get lamb at multiple restaurants and grocery stores.
>>
>>8169118
We just killed ours :) They're on their way to Kiwi as we speak :/
>>
Just heard back from the family friends that raises lambs. Mine just got back from the butcher and I should have it soon :)
>>
because its quite a bit more expensive than beef but at best of equal quality
We eat it sometimes though, just not as a staple like beef, pork and chicken
>>
File: 1475327429439.jpg (356KB, 922x666px) Image search: [Google]
1475327429439.jpg
356KB, 922x666px
>Americans are missing out on pic related
I honestly feel guilty
>>
It's faster than them
>>
theyve got a raging hard-on for beef
>>
>>8169398
for good reason
Beef is the pinnacle of human selective breeding
>>
>>8169406
beef is good but so is lamb

there isnt even any bone marrow to eat with beef. hollowing out lamb bones to eat the marrow is one of the best parts of it
>>
>>8169092
The reason people don't eat veal is because it costs more.
>>
>>8169396
top kek
>>
>>8169414
>there isnt even any bone marrow to eat with beef.

Lol, what? Are you retarded?
>>
File: atlanta.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
atlanta.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
Has anyone here ever ate goat?
It's pretty good with rice
>>
>>8169443
no u r
>>
>>8169414
>there isnt even any bone marrow to eat with beef

This is simply not true.
>>
>>8169447
I have, but I live around a bunch of wall tunnelers.
>>
Lamb is often ~1.5x more expensive than other meats here. I enjoy a good lamb rack on special occasions though.
>>
I'd eat more of it if it just wasn't so expensive, which is really difficult to get around because it's not going to sell a lot compared to beef in most states.
>>
>>8168883
It's expensive
>>
>>8168883
I don't eat baby animals
>>
>>8170118
faggot
>>
>>8169447

Yeah, curried goat is awesome
>>
In Raliegh, NC there is a Mediterranean place that serves lamb and chicken at a buffet and it's actually a small buffet and all fresh and it's amazing. I tried making some lamb at home and screwed it up so I don't buy it. I will try again obviously at some point until I get it right but right now I would say my cooking with it sucks bad. I know two people, both dead now that use to make lamb almost daily for their dinner and both were WW2 Veterans. It just isn't super popular in the US for some reason which dictates the expensive prices.
>>
>>8168883
relevent
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/u-s-diplomat-hates-lamb-article-1.1923859

i think it's all the open plains as opposed to hills and valleys we see in Wales and New Zealand. cows are big and bigger is better. more meat per animal as opposed to sheeps which are farmed because grazing land is sparse due to climate or geography
>>
the beef industry edged them out of the market way back when and lamb never made a big comeback.
>>
>>8170117
This. It's seen as a luxury food in the US.
>>
>>8170182
Beef is a little better tasting and quite a bit less expensive so it was an easy battle
>>
>>8170182
This. There were literally range wars and people killed when they tried to bring sheep to the open range in the mid to late 1800's. The cattle barons had the power and force to drive them out.
>>
>>8168883
We do you generalizing faggot. It's not the most popular meat but it's popular enough where I see it at the stores and in restaurants often.
>>
>>8168883
I'll eat you.
>>
>>8169447
Is this what black people's feel when looking at blackface?

It creeps me the hell out
>>
>>8170118
You don't like eggs either? What's wrong with you?

>>8170217
/soc/
>>
>>8170222
Since when are eggs baby animals?
>>
>>8171319
They're like pre-babies.
>>
>>8168883
We eat lamb but during ww2 it was fed heavily to troops and others they grew tired of mutton. Although it's gaining in popularity it never found its way back in favor partly due to the cowboy culture and lower cost of beef
>>
>>8171373
Only when they're fertilized. When they're not it's like eating chicken menses, if that makes it easier.
>>
>>8169097
Have you ever actually eaten lamb?
Lamb chops, cutlets, backstraps, fillets and racks are cooked quickly and served rare.
Lamb shanks etc. need long slow cooking, sure, but you can't categorize the meat as being entirely sinewy etc.
>>
I'm an American and I know of three places walking distance from my apartment that mainly serve lamb.
>>
>>8171481

>[audience applauds]
>>
>>8168883
we do. where does this may may come from? i even ate lamb as a kid. Also, you know the US is a big country, right?
>>
>>8171319
Fertilized eggs are startmode baby chickens, anon.

And store bought eggs can be fertilized since farmers producing 'free range' eggs keep roosters with their hens to keep the flock calm.
>>
I live in pretty rural Canada so for me farm chickens and beef is just too cheap to really justify buying lamb (there are some decent farms around but they only sell to larger butchers). Also fuck going to grocery store for meat, I can get a whole chicken for $3 meanwhile walmart sells them for $13. I try and grow my own veggies too but by mid winter I'm usually down to potatoes lol so have to suck it up and buy from a grocery store. I don't know about the US but up here it's really just a special occasion meal.
>>
>>8168883
Idk but a lot of dumb girls here pretend to be morally outraged by lamb and veal.
>>
>>8168883
Too expensive
>>
>>8171389
So eating chicken is the same as eating eggs?
Eggs are meats?
>>
because they'll never taste the superior yuro lamb

salt meadow lamb

one of the better thing i ate in France
>>
>>8169068
>Places lamb is eaten:
>the mediterranean
>sandnigger countries
>poo nigger countries
>great shitstain
Also the rest of the british isles
>australia
And New Zeland
And the rest of Europe
And East Asia
And every country in the world except Americas

Think bout that. One more thing the rest of the world enjoy that Americans arbitrarily avoid because "can't eat babbies"
>>
File: 1475105385309.jpg (38KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
1475105385309.jpg
38KB, 600x444px
>>8171389
>mfw all cookies are period cookies
>>
>>8171531
>Eggs are meats?
well they aren't vegetables
>>
>>8168883
Sure I'll take the bait
Lamb is actually pretty common in America
Source: I'm an american that commonly eats lamb
>>
>>8170118

Beef cattle are typically slaughtered at an age of 12-18 months, as against a natural lifespan of up to 20 years. Lamb are slaughtered at 6-12 months, as against a natural age of up to 15 years. There really isn't that much difference.

Besides, if you're really that much of a pussy that it bothers you, then eat hogget (sheep between 1 and 2 years old) or mutton (over 2). Hogget wins all the accolades these days anyway, it's more like beef to lamb's veal, and has better distributed fat and a richer flavour.
>>
Lamb is my favorite meat. I love Greek cuisine and Shepherd's Pie. I also love veal. Babies taste wonderful.

t. american
>>
>>8171624
>>8170118

Oh, and to add to that, pigs are usually slaughtered well before they even hit 6 months, against a natural lifespan of 12 years, and chickens are lucky if they make it past 6 weeks, while they have a natural lifespan of up to 8 years.

>>8171618

Americans consume, on average per person per year, 83 pounds of chicken, 56 pounds of beef, 47 pounds of pork, and less than 1 pound of lamb. If you think that most of that lamb consumption is probably in ethnic minority communities that eat a lot of the stuff then no, lamb isn't common in America at all.
>>
>>8171627
It's immoral to eat baby animals because they can't give consent to being slaughtered and eaten.
>>
>>8171633
How much of that is by choice, though?
I feel like most people just don't choose lamb options because they don't like trying new foods.
A lot of restaurants near the places I've lived in 3 different states all had some type of lamb option.
>>
>>8171644

All sorts of reasons have been put forward for the collapse in American lamb eating (they used to eat quite a bit of the stuff). Chicken, beef, and pork are much more receptive to intensive farming techniques, which makes them cheaper and the production more reliable. Lambs used to be grazed on fields in between crops, but that doesn't work on larger farms and with modern methods. Soldiers were fed canned mutton in the war, and came back hating the stuff. Lamb and mutton had a reputation as foods for poor people, so they were overtaken by more aspirational meatstuffs. Some even blame an episode of Little House on the Prarie where half the town was killed by tainted mutton.
>>
Lisa don't eat me.
>>
>>8171618
How do you eat your lamb? Any traditional recipes or do you go curry, maroccan, middle eastern?
Are there American lamb recipes?
>>
What you think you're saying:

>How come Amerifats don't do xxx

What you are really saying:

>How come my stupid Europoor brain can't comprehend that the US is much larger than mine and varies greatly from place to place?
>>
>>8171560
Women truly have the potential to be far more disgusting than men.
>>
>>8171644
>I feel like most people just don't choose lamb options because they don't like trying new foods.

I really feel pity for people like this. If I go to a restaurant and see something I haven't eaten before, I usually order that. Why would I always eat the same thing?
>>
>>8168883

Back when I visited the states, lamb was seen as a meat that was typically eaten on special occasions. Don't know if that has changed.
>>
>>8171870
stats have been posted, dude
>>
>>8171548
explain this for me. I just eat normal lamb. Does this lamb come extra salty or something? Agneau de pré-salé
>>
>>8172039
It's lamb from that spesific region. It's not better unless you eat lamb someone kept in a gutter drain or something.
>>
>>8171936
We eat turkey for Thanksgiving and ham for Easter and Christmas and maybe a goose here and there rarely. No room for lamb.
>>
>>8169447
Mexicans love goat. Ever heard of birria? More and more americans are trying it naturally. It is delicious but better eaten traditionally. Not in a taco or burrito.
>>
>>8169387
I would fuck that dish if I could, I mean properly insert my erect cock into it and blow my load and then eat it.
>>
>>8168883
Our "lamb" is brown, males have antlers, is generally wild.

Americans eat plenty of lamb, but we have to get it from New Zealand- the world's best lamb producer. Fuck yeah.
>>
>>8171633
>lucky if they make it past 6 weeks
6x7=42 days
Try 28 days from hatch to slaughter on average. 90% of our gains are due to genetics in our chickens. Also, the grain:meat conversion on chickens is ALMOST 1:1.
>>
>>8168883
But I do. And mutton. Also, I'm not white.
>>
Why do you care if we eat lamb or not? I don't give a shit if you eat buffalo or turkey.
>>
>>8168883
the lamb we get here tastes like greasy gamey stink, and turns into shoe leather once you put any heat to it. Ausfalians and jewzealanders have the best sheep genes in the world, and we just want cheap oily beef.

>>8170108
it costs like 4x as much where i live. and its fucking terrible, unless you get the new zealand or ausfag imports that are even more. i live in Raleigh NC and we have high end butchers, just not high end meat.
>>
>>8172267
Lamb chops are $4.99 / lb. How much does it cost for you?
>>
>>8172275
$12 at least, that's on sale. I've seen the aussie stuff for over $20 a pound.

I've gotten the cheap shit that was $7.50 but it tasted fucking awful, like it was spoiled or something, but most of the lamb here does, unless you get it at a butchers.
>>
>>8172267
I do a lot of work in Raleigh and love it there compared to where I live in SC. I'm thinking about moving up there, actually. Do you like the area or is it because I don't live there that I like it?
>>
>>8168883
But I do...
>>
>>8168883
It probly tastes like shit
>>
>>8172385
It's fine but certainly not as tasty as beef for which we have plenty of.
>>
>>8168883
I fucking love lamb. The only problem is when I walk through a grocery store or wherever, it's always "New Zealand grass-fed" whatever bullshit. Finding cheap lamb that wasn't transported from halfway across the world is a pain in the ass sometimes.
>>
>>8172413
We have domestic lamb, you know.

http://www.americanlamb.com/lamb-locator/
>>
>>8171865
with mint sauce which is the traditional english way to eat it
>>
The climate in much of the US isn't exactly suited to raising lamb. I'm in the deep south where it's summer time 9 months out of the year. We can get lamb vacuum packed at some of the nicer grocery stores but it's hard to get it fresh.
>>
I've eaten lamb on a few occasions in gyros and Asian restaurants. It's good, but I prefer a nice ribeye over it.

>>8169447
An Indian place near me in the local mall makes a killer goat curry. That combined with their garlic naan is an amazing meal.
>>
Lamb shanks and lamb leg are great, I can get 3 shanks for 13 dollars and about a kilo and a half of leg for 20 dollars in ontario, its absolutely delicious.

I like to season the shanks and then wrap in kirkland seran wrap(it doesnt melt) and aluminum foil, then roast for 2 and a half hours at 300, since you wrap them up they keep all the fat and juices inside which you can peel off and use to make a gravy.

For the boneless legs I like to cut out the sinew and make it into steaks, served medium rare its great.
>>
File: blogger-image--2129267357.jpg (96KB, 640x542px) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image--2129267357.jpg
96KB, 640x542px
We do, but it's more expensive than beef unless it's on sale.
>>
>>8168883
I've had lamb several times over the years. I've had good and bad, the bad was always very strong tasting. Maybe it was a freshness issue, or maybe the preparation wasn't proper. I've never made it myself. I don't typically eat it because I've had probably a few more bad experiences than I've had good. I'm open to suggestion. I do own a restaurant, I've had people ask for lamb but I would never serve something if I didn't know how to prepare it properly. That being said, what is your favorite way to eat it?
>>
File: sour-grapes.jpg (60KB, 332x335px) Image search: [Google]
sour-grapes.jpg
60KB, 332x335px
>>8172385
>>
>>8168883
I'm honestly not sure. I've had it a few times around here, tried it for the first time in years at a lebanese place and i loved it, my father and most of his family also love it(buncha scotts/irish, mostly.) but it was something my mother couldn't stand so we never made it, at least not more than once when i was like 12.
>>
File: lamb-doner-kebabb.jpg (554KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
lamb-doner-kebabb.jpg
554KB, 900x600px
>>8173087
The English invented lamb and mint sauce? And people say we have terrible cuisine!

I always eat my lamb chops/steaks with mint sauce, peas and new potatoes, but if it's in doner meat form then with garlic and chili sauces. I'd eat one of those right now.
>>
It is a Protestant reaction to Kashrut and Halal.
>>
>>8174637
Elizabeth I made it law that lamb had to be eaten with bitter herbs to discourage eating it & help the wool industry
>>
>>8174654
>mint is bitter
>>
>>8169058
I thought that Goat, Was GOAT?
>>
>>8168883
more expensive because its inefficient to raise compared to cows since more land is required
>>
>>8174658
Yeah, it kinda is. That's why they figured out how to obey the letter of the law by making mint sauce.
>>
>>8168883
Lambs are rare and expensive af.
They cost over 10000 credits in my
Sidney's Animal & Fowl Catalogue.
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.