[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just moved to Philly in the Fishtown area. What are the good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 50640203_f459bebe04.jpg (107KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
50640203_f459bebe04.jpg
107KB, 500x375px
Just moved to Philly in the Fishtown area. What are the good food spots?

>inb4 cheesesteaks
>>
>>8166355
Joe's
Jim's

NOT Pat's or Geno's
>>
>>8166355
Don't you have these shit steak sandwiches?
The ones with cheap white bread, over cooked cheap beef and american simulation cheese product? Always looks like a 2 dollar whores bused up vag that a DNP addict shot his load over.
>>
Been living in Philly for just over a year. Love the food scene here. But like anyone will tell you, no Pat's or Geno's.

I live in South Philly so I'm a bit of a shill. But if you like Mexican, one of the best Mexican restaurants I've ever had is nestled just up my street (completely unbiased on my review of this place actually, it's that fucking good). Pretty cheap and it's BYOB. It's called Los Gallos on 10th and Wolf.

Melrose Diner is pretty legit if you like diner food when you're hungover or just want to start your weekend off right (the only time I go in).

There's so many places I could go on for days.

General rule of thumb, stick to the mom and pop places that have people in them. They've been open for 60 years for a reason. If you want any specific suggestions I could help you out, but I'm not that familiar with places in Fishtown as I really don't get up that way that much. Mainly just living here in South Philly, Center City with friends, and then UCity for work. But I can help you with good bars/restaurants in those areas.
>>
>>8167599
I remember you. You liked Bomb Bomb, right? If so, your opinion is invalid.

Also, I used to live up Daly street near 10th so I know your area pretty well. Shame you moved after the diner on 10th and Snyder closed. They were one of only three places left around that I know of still selling Champ Cherry (the other two are Cousin's and I think John's Roast Pork).

It's too late in the year now, but take a walk down to 5th and Wolf next summer and buy food from the Cambodians cooking in the park. Seriously. Do it.
$5 gets you three Khmer-style barbecue beef sticks, some sticky rice and Cambodian sauerkraut. So good and so cheap.
>>
>>8167623
Hey! It is me!

And no, I was asking about it because it was close to my place. Haven't actually been there yet, per your advice.

I loved going to John's Roast Pork before my weekly tour of duty in ShopRite. They recently moved to 3rd and Oregon. It's a little bit closer and a WAYYYYYYYYYY nicer store now, so I'm not really complaining, but now I don't really have a reason to go down that way besides getting something at Target.

Been loving Oregon Steaks though. Say what you want about it, but I prefer the sliced method over chopped. And the fact that it's open 24/7 across the alley from Cookie's Tavern is a God-send.

Cheesteak: provolone, onions, green peppers, mayo, spicy mustard (I know, I'm a weird outsider, but it's how I like it and is one of the few places that doesn't give me weird looks when I order it that way).
>>
>>8167675
I have mixed feelings about the new SR. It's nicer, sure, but I get an inexplicably unsettling air in there.

If you like Los Gallos, try Prima Pizza. They have no pizza and haven't for a long while. They sell Mexican food. And it's all pretty good.

As for barbecue, Bomb Bomb is shit, yeah. They boil their ribs in barbecue sauce then put them in the oven. They're "fall off the bone tender" but all the flavour was boiled out of them, too. At $20something a rack, they can fuck right off.
Sweet Lucy's on State Road near the prison is a kajillion times better. It's actual barbecue. Smoker and all that.

Have you tried the Indian place on 16th and Snyder near the Melrose? I went last month. It's pretty good.

>>8166355
Travel up to Port Richmond and eat Polish food. Polish cuisine is criminally underrated as a world contender.

For Fishtown itself, really all that's there is stuff geared towards hipsters which means it's overdressed, overpriced and undertasty but every white guy in a cardigan will swear up and down how great it is.
>>
>>8167749
No I haven't tried the Indian place yet, but I definitely will. I could always go for some good curry.
>>
>>8166355
>good food spots
>Philly

Hate to burst your bubble, but good food doesn't actually exist in flyoverville
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.