[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chicken noodle soup.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: noodles.jpg (15KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
noodles.jpg
15KB, 284x177px
Hey cu/ck/s. I cook pretty often and I have more or less perfected most dishes I cook regularly, but one still evades me - chicken noodle soup. Everything in it is delicious, but the chicken tends to dry. I've tried altering the cooking time and cooking temperature. I've tried different cuts and I've tried brining, but the chicken is always dry. Is dry chicken just something that is guaranteed with soup, or is there a way I can leave a little bit of juiciness in the final product?
>>
>>8166211
fuck noodles, use dumplings instead. Recipe is literally eggs, flour, and a little salt until it's gummy, then fork it into the boiling water.

Other than that, home made chicken stock, chicken, carrot, celery, onion, and seasonings.
>>
>>8166216
I really like dumplings, but I'm cooking for family and my sister eats like a toddler, even though she's 22. Dumplings taste better, but she refuses to eat them because of the texture. She doesn't even eat spaghetti. What seasonings would you suggest? I usually keep it light because my sister is picky as hell and if I change anything, even for the better, she'll throw a fit.
>>
>>8166211
I brown my chicken on the bone in oil, remove it, saute the vegetables, add the stock and chicken, simmer for 45 minutes, remove chicken, and take meat off bone. Cook vegetables and stock 30 more minutes, add chicken and noodles and cook until noodles done.

I've never noticed the chicken being dry.
>>
>>8166235
thyme and black pepper, mainly. I think most of the flavor should be from a good home-made chicken stock (so I guess that would also include a bay leaf) and the onion.
>>
>>8166211
Meat protein can get overcooked when you boil it to death
I'm going to guess you are making stock from the meat you are serving in the soup. You can't. You use premade stock, or you make stock separately. And the meat goes in only long enough to be done. Or, you decide you don't mind overcooked meat if you are going to do it all at once. Simmering at lower heat helps though.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.