[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll have the salad >Excellent choice sir

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1470573297083.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1470573297083.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
I'll have the salad

>Excellent choice sir
>>
Has anyone ever eaten a salad that was worth the cost?
>>
>>8165461
I was born in some snowy shithole there any greens were rare and not cheap. My favorite sweets are fruit based still. Normally? If those salads contain rare tasty things like wild mushrooms or pine nuts cooked nicely, yes, worth it
>>
File: cafe rio salad.jpg (188KB, 590x590px) Image search: [Google]
cafe rio salad.jpg
188KB, 590x590px
cafe rio's steak salad is dank. although it's more like an unfolded burrito full of lettuce 'cause it comes with a gigantic tortilla.

the creamy tomatillo dressing really makes it.
>>
>order some pan fried SPAM
>excellent choice sir
>>
>>8165461
Mediterranean salad at Buffalo Wild wings was pretty good. I got it for free during training
>>
>>8165461
I dont think I have ever had a caesar salad that disappointed me
>>
I don't even get the point of this thread. Is it ordering salad? Salad is good. Is it ordering a salad without specifying what kind of salad? Some restaurants only have one salad on their list.
>>
>>8165461
French fries and wedges of the like are pretty expensive for what they are too. I mean how expensive are potatoes really
>>
>>8165403

I hated serving the salad, it looked so pathetic.
>>
>>8165403
I love the salads at Cheesecake Factory. Santa Fe with the fusion of mexican and thai peanut sauce gets me going. The appetizer salad with the roasted beets, goat cheese, pecans and asparagus ITDF when you're in the mood. Ruby Tuesday isn't bad for an appetizer salad if you're not grossed out by buffets.

Unlike another poster, caesar salad seems like it can be a safe bet, but only really nice steakhouses seem to do a really good safe bet, with the real bite of raw garlic and anchovy funk in the dressing, and croutons that aren't bricks. My favorite salads are all of them. But, I do get a serious craving for a good greek salad occasionally, with some grilled chicken on top, big chunky pieces of funky sheeps milk feta, those little dolmades on the side with luscious unpitted olives of various varieties. Maybe some freshly grilled pita on the side.

The fussy salad I make the most at home is a tabbouleh, if I have some farmer's market tomatoes.
>>
>>8165857
It's about the waiter patronising your choice as if it was deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize.
>>
>>8165889
Are you autistic
>>
>>8165889

You understand 'pleasantries' and social etiquette, right?
>>
>>8165761
>rare tasty things
>like pine nuts

Anon... Where do you live that there are no pine nuts? Are you an eskimo?
>>
>>8165903
He's referring to the price of those items, rarity meaning scarcity and therefore price gouging. Veggies aren't cheap everywhere, either.
>>
>>8165461
We got one around (Germanistan) where you basically get a baking tray full of stuff with some pretty good slightly oversalted chicken, which tastes awesome with the salad. It's about 9€ and is enough to fill a single person up.
I think it's an okay price.
The small 4-5€ salads are nearly always a ripoff though.
>>
>>8165461
Some duck confit salads are justifiable depending on portions. I also find some really good yet cheap roasted beet and goat cheese salads.

Capreses are the biggest rip off, always some asinine price for 4 slices of tomato and moz, with 4 basil leaves and some trumped up balsamic. What a robbery
>>
>>8165905
come live in south east asia, greens are plenty cheap here.

the only thing expensive are your americuck/europoor sausages, cheese, and highly processed junk food

fuck you all
>>
>>8165461
Twice first time was one of those mega Cesar salads at a steak house that was huge

Second one was a green leaves salad with salmon, avocado and quail eggs . I don't remember much other than it being delicious
>>
>>8165889
>being patronizing
ppl just have to try too damn hard -- like chicken chili. Just stick to the basics. There is no need to try to 'be different'.

>I'll be different. I'll act like I am his best friend that has yet to meet and I'll compliment the stooge on whatever he orders. That will get me a big tip.
It might work a few times, but come on. just be decent wait staff. I'll tip someone bigger for NOT trying to be 'my friend' than a try hard fake.
>>
>>8167580
where exactly in SE Asia? locale is important
>>
File: 1465151833647.png (386KB, 453x418px) Image search: [Google]
1465151833647.png
386KB, 453x418px
>>
File: 1393531957887.jpg (713KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1393531957887.jpg
713KB, 3840x2160px
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.