[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Is one of those chicken breasts for me?"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1438415513541.jpg (109KB, 901x883px) Image search: [Google]
1438415513541.jpg
109KB, 901x883px
>"Is one of those chicken breasts for me?"
>>
>>8164802
No... But you can have ONE if you want.
>>
yeah you can have one i made lots and can always make more
>>
>>8165964
Thanks, anon. You're a real sweetheart
>>
>>8164802
What the fuck are you doing in my house?
>>
>>8164802

why are you eating chicken breast anon, are you trying to lose weight? fitness freak? eat thighs, you masochist, the flavor is worth the 40 calorie difference
>>
>He doesn't cook prepare his food in way that's unappealing to others.

You basically asked for it.
>>
>>8164802
Are* one of those chicken breasts for me.
While they want a single chicken breast, they are talking about multiple chicken breasts in the sentence.
>>
>>8166327
'Is' refers to 'one' which is obviously singular
>>
File: thatsthejoke.jpg (31KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
thatsthejoke.jpg
31KB, 600x450px
>>8166470
>>
>>8166470
Right, but they're referring to a group of chicken breasts.
If there was only one breast it'd be, is that chicken breast for me?
There are obviously multiple so it'd be, are one of those breasts for me? They aren't specifying a single breast in the group.
>>
>>8166662
Incorrect.
>>
>>8166838
Explain how. Because I'm 99% sure im right.
>>
>>8166470 "one" would be the subject of the sentence. One is singular, the prepositional phrase ("of those chicken breasts") after the subject doesn't change the verb. "Is one of those chicken breasts for me?" It's like saying "One of those chicken breasts is for me."
>>
>>8166853
To clarify, it's correct to say "Is one of those chicken breasts for me, just like you would say "One of those chicken breasts is for me." Those are both correct sentences
>>
>>8166853
The subject of the sentence are the chicken breasts though, aren't they?
>>
>>8164802
>using speech marks with greentext.
Fuckwit.
>>
>>8166860
It just sounds so dumb in my head for some reason
>>
>>8166862
No, the subject is one, because subjects can't exist inside prepositional phrases
>>
>>8166873
Well fuck. Maybe I should crack a book
>>
>>8166217
You are welcome to my dinner table any day.
>>
>>8164802

"No, now please leave, I'm busy and I don't want to be bothered."

Wow, so fucking hard....
>>
>>8166662
Is English your second language?
>>
>>8167050
I bet you think you're one suave motherfucker
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.