[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1468999585022.jpg (42KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1468999585022.jpg
42KB, 480x480px
What's the deal with soft shell crab?
>>
Its a crab with a soft shell.
>>
Shit's good in a sandwich, OP.
>>
>>8164547
This, I haven't had a soft shell crab sandwich in years but they are fucking AMAZING when done right
>>
Where can I find these in the US?
>>
>>8164624
Well its more of a seasonal thing because you have to get the crab just after it molts, but blue crabs are traditionally the ones used for soft shell, so Va beach/Maryland, North Carolina, Louisiana, coastal areas like that would be your best bet.
>>
>>8164624

I live in Vegas and these are relatively abundant.

Vegas isn't bad for seafood, given that they ship this shit in by the metric fuckload every day.
>>
do.. do i eat the entire thing?

like it's one big chicken patty?
>>
Shit is fucking delicious.

Best soft shell crab I've ever hard was in Koh Chang.
>>
>>8165683
Yes
>>
File: Hermit-crab-without-shell_b.jpg (70KB, 526x349px) Image search: [Google]
Hermit-crab-without-shell_b.jpg
70KB, 526x349px
Crab - Shell = Bug
>>
so you eat the shell? the innards, the nervous system, everything?
>>
>>8164521
fucking disgusting
>>
>>8165706
kys
>>
>>8164624
Extremely rare unless you live on the coasts. Even then they are pretty seasonal.
If Midwest you are basically SOL.
>>
>>8165704
everything but the spine.
>>
>>8165704
They cut off the face and rip out its gills before they cook it.
>>
>>8164521

The concept of this seems delicious. Does it taste as delicious as it looks and sounds? This seems like some Homer Simpson type stuff .
>>
>>8165940
They're delicious and great in sushi rolls as well.
>>
>>8165712
The Great Lakes would like to have a word with you...
>>
>>8164521
did a mouse wakeboard through that sauce?
>>
>>8166160
I'm not exactly sure why, but I had a sensible chuckle over this post.
>>
>>8164521
Read that in Seinfelds voice
>>
>>8165712
Wrong. I used to get them in Indy quite often at a big Asian grocery store
>>
>>8164521

All the deliciousness of crab with none of the pain in the ass excavating from shells.
>>
>>8168641
If this for dungeness crabs.....*drools*
>>
>>8169471
kys
>>
It's just crab. Everyone knows that crab is the best-tasting sea creature.
>>
>>8164624
>Where can I find these in the US?
Eastern seaboard, mid-atlantic, florida, and gulf coast states. Seasonal item. The crabs shed their shell (molting) and the new soft one doesn't harden for a couple of days. So, the ability to get a crab without the shell is kind of a rare item you'll see in a crab pot occasionally (since the vulnerable crab isn't really eating, but rather hiding out til his shell is hard.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.