[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need your help /ck/ I booked a few bands and an art show for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (73KB, 480x635px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 480x635px
I need your help /ck/

I booked a few bands and an art show for my birthday party on the 27th. Part of my pitch was having a "four foot wide pumpkin pie." When I came up with it I just assumed I'd get someone at a pizza shop to bake it in their oven and badabing sweet punk rock pumpkin pie charity fundraiser birthday party.

I know nothing about cooking and people are saying this is gonna be hella challenging. They keep saying "do it in sections." How do I do that? What do I do? I have friends who are cooks and stuff to help me, I just don't have a gameplan.

Please help me.
>>
Why would you agree to something like that with no knowledge of cooking?
>>
I bet you this thread gets good after a few posts
>>
>>8162069
Your mistake is trying to bake a fucking 4 foot wide pie, which is going to be near impossible unless you can find a huge oven which I doubt you can(Pizza oven wouldn't work its too hot)

First things first are we talking about a traditional pie shape as in round? If so your first challenge is going to find something with a 4' diameter.

If you can go with a different shape like a rectangle or a square it will be a lot easier. It will be hard to find something that big but its simple enough to build it out of wood. Just line it with wax or parchment paper and then instead of trying to get it out all you have to do is pop off the sides and then you have a good hard cutting surface underneath.

Once you have that figured out its pretty easy as long as they don't mind something a bit nontraditional.

First I would make a crust out of graham crackers and butter(they're pretty easy to make) or if you wanted it a bit closed to pie crust you could make a dry shortbread and crumble that up and make it the same way.

Now a traditional pumpkin pie is a baked custard. That's obviously out but the good news is there are many ways to prepare a custard and the ingredients and ratio are the same. The only difference is in the method of cooking. So instead of baking it you are going to essentially be making a pumpkin pie creme patisserie and cooking it on the stove. It will still be firm enough to hold its shape when slicing but if you want a bit more stability you could add in gelatin making what is essentially a modified version of Bavarian cream.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.