[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i get used to drinking coffee black

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 14

File: Coffee.jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Coffee.jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
How do i get used to drinking coffee black
>>
Why would you want to?
>>
>>8161704
Drink it black.
>>
>>8161704
Just chug it, wala, your caffeine fix is granted.
>>
File: P1030372.jpg (2MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
P1030372.jpg
2MB, 2816x2112px
Find a type of propery brewed black coffee that you like. There are many origins and types of roasts you can try.

Try something that doesn't come vacuum packed, in a can, or in a plastic container.
>>
dont believe the hype OP

drink your coffee however you want.
>>
you wont faggot, you dont even like COFFEE
you like creamer, caramels, and sugar
you have an unhealthy relationship with your foods,
>>
>>8161737
why would anyone like coffee?
the only legit reason to drink it is the caffeine.

its like those faggots who drink decaf and non-alcoholic beer. fuckers are retarded.
>>
>>8161737
If the coffee is shit then those things are needed
>>
>>8161742
you sound like a 16 year old. obviously people like coffee. if youre only drinking it for the caffeine, there are much cheaper, stronger options.
>>
>>8161747
I like coffee with a little sugar and creme

straight black coffee tastes like cigarette butts soaked in ass, and makes your breath smell exactly the same.
>>
>>8161742
>>8161747
>>8161753
straight coffee can be good, just depends on your palate

i'll have brewed coffee with some cream, a latte, or a cappucino. i dnt like sweetened coffee
>>
Take a break from all coffee for a week-month. Then try it black.
>>
>>8161757
I never regularly drank black coffee until I weened myself from it for 90 days.

Stale french roast beans from Starbucks never tasted so godly.
>>
>>8161799
>French roast
The worst blend we carry desu,OP find a blend,read the flavor notes and eat it with a food that would taste well with it(like if a coffee has fruity notes maybe a slice of toast with cherry or blackberry jam) also don't eat anything super sweet before and make sure the beans aren't stale
>>
>>8161807
>The worst blend we carry desu

I know, but after 90 days of no coffee it was great.

Wasn't even jonesing or anything.
>>
>>8161742

Non alcoholic beer is for alcoholics whose internal organs will deteriorate if they consume alcohol and don't have the luxury of choosing not to hang out with people who do drink i.e. families and long lasting friendships not that you'll have to worry about any of that anyways.
>>
drink better coffee
>>
>>8161859
So is water you fucking retard.
Or soda, or iced tea, or fruit punch or koolaid, or fucking tang, or literally anything else without alcohol in it.

News Flash: You can hang out with people who drink without drinking stupid fake beer like you're at a little girls fucking pretend tea party.
>>
>>8161742
Try good quality cold brew coffee. I never cared for coffee much, but that shit opened a whole new world for me.
>>
File: jim carry.jpg (159KB, 864x1000px) Image search: [Google]
jim carry.jpg
159KB, 864x1000px
>>8161704
>used to like coffee black all the time
>only sometimes used milk or sugar
>got a job in a coffee shop
>now actually prefer iced black coffee with a tiny pump of caramel
>or also a french roast with a packet of sweet+low, and a little bit of half and half, just when the color changes
>also first cup of coffee in the morning is coffee+half and half+shot of espresso
I still like black coffee, but I drink coffee literally all day now, and it's just more pleasant to drink constantly when it's sweetened and creamed just a wee bit.
>>
>>8161925

Lmao you don't know what addiction is
>>
>>8161727
>doesn't come vacuum packed, in a can, or in a plastic container
What are the other options? I like apparently shit tier coffee but I'm open to trying better things.
>>
>>8161952
I've quit cigarettes(~10 yrs), caffeine(~25yrs), weed(~15yrs), meth(~1.5yrs), opiates(~1yr), and alcohol(~8yrs).. all cold turkey.

You're just a pussy who likes playing pretend and making excuses.
>>
>>8162064
>meth
>barely over a year
Being addicted to meth or possibly heroin makes you shit. Have fun relapsing.
>>
>>8161704
Get desperate enough to drink black coffee and then keep forcing yourself to drink it black til you become numb to the taste. Or drink it with some lemon, it's technically still black.
>>
>>8161704
>How do i get used to drinking coffee black

If you want to add milk and sugar, who's to stop you? Enjoy it as you see fit.
>>
>>8162023
whole beans in a bag, ground and then brewed various ways: pour over, french press, aeropress, siphon, whatever you like. hell even good beans in an electric pot coffee maker is better than instant garbage.
>>
>>8162064
I like this guy.

I've quit all kinds of shit, cold turkey, as well. I've definitely felt the pang of a bad habit, but I hate fuckers who cling to the word "addiction'. To this day, I can not smoke a cigarette for months at a time, and then decide to smoke with a buddy just to stay social.

Moderation, niggers. There's no need to succumb to ingesting fake shit.
>>
Find a good third wave shop, kinda place that won't oven offer sugar in the drinks, and order a pourover of whatever the barista thinks is sweetest.
>>
I used to drink coffee black all the time, but I felt like the bitterness was starting to staple a frown in my face everyday, so now I tend to add some cream/milk.
>>
>>8162362
You wot you idiot? Why should people inconvenience themselves like edgy teenagers when they can simply drink something fooling their taste buds and have no problems or relapse like you? The fact you're brain dead poser who would rather mess his organs than drink something tailor made to his problem doesn't mean others are as stupid as you...
>>
I load my coffee with coffee-mate, aspartame, and vanilla.

There is absolutely no reason to drink it black. It's the caffeine you want, not the bitterness.
>>
>>8162895
Good coffee made correctly isn't any more bitter than dark chocolate. And any given lot of a bean will have unique flavors.
>>
File: 637734.jpg (157KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
637734.jpg
157KB, 1000x1000px
>>8162023
Paper bag is a good sign.

It's often freshest and preserving that freshness is left entirely up to you.
>>
>>8161704
don't drink shit coffee.
>>
>>8162064
>meth
God your life must be shit.
>>
>>8161704
> eat dark chocolate and ramp up the bitterness as you start getting used to/enjoying the taste
> you now see the similarities between dark chocolate and black coffee
>>
>>8161704
Just drink it black. If you don't like it then don't force yourself like a cunt.
>>
>>8161704
Drink it.
>>
>>8161704
Get quality beans.

Stay away from dark roast.
>>
>>8161742
> My exposure to coffee are 3n1 sachets and commodity coffee like that of Starbucks.
> my first coffee we shit so all coffee is shit
>>
>>8162023
Well, if there is an independent coffee shop in your area that has a roastery, order beans from them.

Beginner beans:
- Colombia
- Brazil
- Ardi Sidama (personal fav. I love the berries)
>>
>>8161704
Gradually pull back on the use of cream and sugar. First get rid of the cream because it doesn't really affect the flavor (assuming it's not a flavored cream that is), then gradually use less sugar, or sweetener depending on whichever you currently prefer. With time, you'll acquire a taste for straight black and even learn to appreciate the differences between various roasts and natural varieties.

>>8161727
I like the taste of dark but appreciate the lighter roasts just the same, especially Yirgacheffe.
>>
>>8163257
I fuckng love Yirgacheffe!
>>
File: starvin-marvin.jpg (58KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
starvin-marvin.jpg
58KB, 320x240px
>>8163273
Sweet.
>>
>>8161704
try drinking it with a teaspoon of salt. it will taste bad, but then plain black coffee will taste better by comparison. i'm only half joking because this is kind of how i started drinking it. i would get a big container of instant coffee because it was the most cost-effective way to get caffeine, and it's a lot healthier than sugary soda drinks. i forced myself to drink it because i needed caffeine, and eventually i learned to like it.

that being said, everyone has different taste buds, so it might be too physically repulsive for you to handle.
>>
>>8162895
> It's the caffeine you want, not the bitterness.
if I want caffeine I just pop 2 or 3 caps with 200mg caffeine each and I drink coffee for the bitterness and nothing else
>>
Niggers
>>
>still drinking the caffenated jew

Our men, who in former Ages were justly esteemed the Ablest Performers in Christendome; But to our unspeakable Grief, we find of late a very sensible Decay of that true Old English Vigor; our Gallants being every way so Frenchified, that they are become meer Cock-sparrows, fluttering things that come on Sa sa, with a world of Fury, but are not able to stand to it, and in the very first Charge fall down flat before us. Never did Men wear greater breeches, or carry less in them of any Mettle whatsoever...

"...we can Attribute to nothing more than the Excessive use of that Newfangled, Abominable, Heathenish Liquor called COFFEE, which Riffling Nature of her Choicest Treasures, and Drying up the Radical Moisture, has so Eunucht our Husbands, and Cripple our more kind Gallants, that they are become as Impotent as Age, and as unfruitful.
>>
>>8161704
Ice lots of ice and a pack of smokes.
>>
light roast
>>
File: stinky.jpg (82KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
stinky.jpg
82KB, 1252x1252px
Just drink it!
>>
>>8161704

Start with cowboy coffee, its smoother and less acidic.
>>
>>8165234
mustard gas
>>
File: kim kek-at-u.png (123KB, 228x238px) Image search: [Google]
kim kek-at-u.png
123KB, 228x238px
>forcing yourself to drink bitter mudwater
>>
>>8165394
This unless you need the energy or GENUILEY like black coffee don't it's dumb I can only drink it like that or it's just doesn't sit right with me
>>
>>8161704
Get better beans that are not dark roast. You'll get more flavor profiles. Really don't need to put in sugar cause the beans themselves has natural sweetness in them. Get the berry acidity for beginners then move to citric.

I've tasted a Colombian bean that has sugar cane notes. Gawd it's sweet and the nutty undertone was heaven.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 500x375px
>*A portly fellow in a flame shirt waddles to the counter of a Starbucks*>"What would you like sir?"
>*The atheist squints around the coffee bar, his hands at the sides of his khaki shorts like he had two holsters. With one hand he expertly pulls out his wallet and with the other, he brings the tip of his hat down before placing his order*
>"Coffee. Black."
>*A hush falls over the patrons and staff. Women gush in their panties as whispers from men can't believe what's transpiring. The barista looks like he's about to faint, his grip on the cup furiously shaking as he slides it over the counter to our hero*
>*The cheetoh avenger slaps down a sticky five and a quarter with his hamhock fist before mumbling to no one that they should "keep the change", knowing he's a far better human being than people that put sugar or milk in their coffee*
>>
>>8165807
i kek every time
>>
>>8165426
lrn2sentence
>>
>>8163041
I have paper bag coffee and it's decent

prefer mine with milk and sugar though just the same
>>
>>8161704
Fuck you OP, i've been free from coffee for a few weeks and this thread is triggering me.

t. former caffeinated jew slave
>>
File: 1455088365064.png (308KB, 492x419px) Image search: [Google]
1455088365064.png
308KB, 492x419px
>>8165807
>tfw I've done this
>order it black
>in a hurry
>just keep the change
>believe change is for jews so never take it back unless it's in cash
>>
>>8161753
coffee and cigarettes man
>>
File: life is shit.png (181KB, 400x324px) Image search: [Google]
life is shit.png
181KB, 400x324px
Cappuccino is still the best, except for maybe a small espresso after a nice dinner.
>>
>>8161704
Retarded redneck trick: Make it with a tiny, tiny amount of salt. It actually negates the bitterness in the coffee rather than just drowning it out like sugar does.

I didn't believe it either until my buddy made me try it. Actually works for some fucking reason.
>>
Get something super sweet. A decadent dessert after dinner, or a glazed donut with breakfast, something with a lot of sugar that will pair well with coffee. Make a good, black coffee (dark but not overroasted). Take a couple bites of dessert or donut or whatever. Take a sip of coffee. Keep going.

The first time I had sweets + black coffee, my mind was opened to exactly how amazing coffee could be. Now I enjoy a black coffee by itself all the time.
>>
>>8166929
Pretty much this. Coffee is bitter so having something sweet to eat with it is great.

I'm partial to coffee cakes or donut sticks.
>>
>>8166929
Dark is inherently overroasted.
>>
>>8166929
>dark but not overroasted

Dark is overroasted.
>>
H
>>
I only tried it for the first time a month ago and I think it tastes pretty good but then again I only drink water ever since I was little
>>
>>8161704
Make good coffee. The easiest path is a french press and medium roasted beans. Anyone saying coffee is bitter or sour has not had good coffee.

Sour = Under extracted beans
Bitter = Over extracted beans
>>
>>8170055
>easiest path

French press isn't easy until you've fucked around with it enough and know which coffee:water ratio you like.

Kitchen scale and grinder are required.
>>
>>8161704
You should try better quality coffee, and if you don't like it, then why would you force yourself?

Been drinking it black for 25 years now, but because I like it, and I don't like sweet stuff.

t. frenchfag
>>
>>8161704
Find fresh roasted beans, grind them and use a french press, and just drink it every morning. You could also go as far as roasting them yourself.
>>
>>8161704
Have you tried Full City?
>>
>>8166852
This desu
>>
>>8161704

Fresh grind, hot water and small cup. The last one is really important. Drinking a whole mug of black coffee can be too much for some people. Normal sized cups are key for beginners. Also if it gets warm, dump it.
>>
I personally drink both but if you aren't a huge fan of black coffee but I assume want the benefits just drink tea more flavour options.
>>
>>8161704
Literally drink any freshly brewed coffee brewed with freshly ground beans black a few times and you begin to enjoy the acidity and chocolaty bitterness. Also pair it with basically any pastry or cookie and it's godly. I can't stand sugar or milk in my coffee unless it's a Starbucks flavored latte in the former case, or any espresso drink in the latter.
>>
>>8166852
>You're coffee

Ugh I bet they did that deliberately.
>>
I prefer cream and sugar but occasionally drink black. Your first few sips have to be small to get accustomed to the bitterness but then you can drink it regularly.
>>
never had coffee, what should I try/where should I start?
>>
>>8171144
you being serious?
>>
>>8161704
Open a brand new carton of milk only to find out it's spoiled for the fifth time
>>
>>8171152
forreal, 22 years of existence never tried the stuff, heck don't even drink black tea.
>>
>>8171152
yup
>>
Look up Fire Dept Coffee, specifically roasted to taste good black. We've been getting it at the firehouse since it came out and the shit is amazing. Better than the Master Chef shit the Union has been buying.
>>
What coffee brand would you recommend to someone who's never drank it before?

I have a french press that I use for tea.
>>
>>8161704

You just drink it.

I like my coffee like I don't like my women - black.
>>
>>8161807
The Italian roast is worse by far.

That said verona is the only beans I buy from Starbucks
>>
>>8161704
Need caffeine one day but don't want to pay $5 for starbucks, do this for a month
>>
File: Italian%20ROast.jpg (24KB, 425x434px) Image search: [Google]
Italian%20ROast.jpg
24KB, 425x434px
>>8171622
>The Italian roast

I think it's great when it's still fresh and brewed correctly.

But being Starbucks, that freshness goes fast.

You gotta finish that shit in a week, tops. Then again, that applies to any beans and grounds from Starbucks.
>>
File: 1462302651508.jpg (224KB, 897x647px) Image search: [Google]
1462302651508.jpg
224KB, 897x647px
>>8162064
Good on you anon!
>>
>>8171172
have you ever worked a full-time job?
>>
>>8161704
Chase with water
>>
I drink french press with a splash of milk. it tastes really good, don't believe the people that say black coffee will always taste bitter. you just have to get used to it. the way I did it was slightly reducing the amount of sugar+milk every day until it's black.

i've noticed that adding a little tiny bit of sugar makes black coffee taste awful. the only way to drink coffee for me is either no sweetener, or doctor it up a whole lot.
>>
>>8161704
a bit less sugar every morning until you get used to it without sugar.

ez
>>
Drinking black coffee is a meme. Adding a splash of whole cream or whole milk makes coffee taste 100% better. If you don't like black coffee then don't drink it, drinking black coffee if you don't like it doesn't make you sophisticated it makes you stupid.
>>
put ice cubes in it and slam it back in one go
>>
If you make your coffee properly it wont be bitter at all. That can be done by not over extracting the grounds.
>>
>>8161704
Try peruvian or Columbian beans. They are my favorite , americanos are fucking nasty
>>
>>8161704
dont listen to any of the cucks here. Go buy foldgers or some shit tier stuff, and go get some peets coffee. drink them both side by side, you will notice the difference and appreciate the better shit.
>>
>>8173640
east africa has the objectively best coffee
>>
>>8173570
Fresh grinds & good drip maker = good black coffee everytime.
Or grinds & a espresso machine, but I prefer esoresso after a meal only and not really as my main caffeine source.
>>
>>8173935
filters are fucking stupid

don't listen to this guy
>>
File: krieger.jpg (57KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
krieger.jpg
57KB, 500x281px
>>8161704
The cherry lipped barista.
Caramel, white chocolate latte.
Sweet smells linger in my mind.
>>
>>8161704

Always preferred black coffee.

Can't stand cream and sugar, makes your coffee taste nauseatingly rich.
>>
>>8162895
>It's the caffeine you want, not the bitterness

Yeah you know what I want more than I do faggot
>>
Why wouldn't you want to add milk? Milk is delicious. You should be adding coffee to your milk, not milk to your coffee.
>>
wtf this board is full of babies

of course you drink coffee black and of course you enjoy it

its quite literally the only reason i get out of bed in the mornig
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.