/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Tabasco improve the flavor of spaghetti? If not how do I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: spaghetti.jpg (93KB, 555x416px) Image search: [Google]
spaghetti.jpg
93KB, 555x416px
Will Tabasco improve the flavor of spaghetti? If not how do I spice up my spaghetti?
>>
>>8161389
Chili pepper in the sauce
>>
>>8161389
Cayenne pepper in the sauce 2bqhwy
>>
Add chilli's
>>
>>8161395
but then it will taste like chili and chili powder isn't that hot actually.
>>
I usually use Tabasco for extra kick. Otherwise just use cayenne pepper when you're making the sauce.
>>
If you like it tangy, yes.
>>
>>8161399
I have some pickled jalapenos. you think those would be good in it?
>>
>>8161402
Meant chile pepper
>>
Tabasco is just hot vinegar. Vinegar and tomatoes go well together.
>>
>>8161408
No I don't think that would taste very good

Get some red chillis and dice them up and add in right at the start when you're frying off the onion and garlic
>>
You make Linguine Napolitana.
>>
>>8161389
Do you mean spice up as "make spicy" or spice up as in "somehow improve the flavor, not just meaning spicy"
>>
>>8161439
both.
>>
>>8161389
A dash of Siracha will give any dish a midwestern kick.
>>
You have to add so much Tabasco to it to get a good kick that the tomato sauce is overpowered at that point.
>>
>>8161445
I use to add 1 or 2 habaneros finely diced into my sauce at the beginning pretty much like what >>8161420 says about the chili peppers. Membrane and seeds and all. You can even puree them and mix it in and cook it up and let it cook with the sauce. It adds a noticeable flavor and spice and costs next to nothing just like any peppers
>>
>>8161389
use hot italian sausage
>>
Tabasco will make it taste hot and vinegary.

If your pasta needs that kind of 'flavour' you're doing it wrong and need to be taught how to make a proper sauce.
>>
File: mccormicksmainhp-itemmaster.jpg (35KB, 774x516px) Image search: [Google]
mccormicksmainhp-itemmaster.jpg
35KB, 774x516px
>>8161389
This
>>
>>8161389
Lots of garlic, onion and herbs (eg. oregano) are the best way to boost the flavour of spaghetti sauce in my opinion. Black pepper too. Tabasco is too vinegary, if you want that kind of spice then just use cayenne pepper or finely diced chili peppers like others have said.

If you want a spicy sauce you might be better off just making chili instead of adding to your usual pasta sauce.
>>
>>8161389

Christ. You're looking for alfredo napolitano. It's smooth, garlicky and tomato..
>>
>>8161563
yeah this or a special chef john pinch of cayenne.

by the way, sriracha isn't bad for sketti as long as (obviously) you only put a dash or two in there. it does spice it up a bit and it's not really vinegary, the sweet bell pepperish flavor profile in sriracha is petty good for tomato sauce.

>inb4 memesauce pleb
>>
>>8161629
yeah that guy isn't quite handsome enough to eat my spaghetti tho.
>>
>>8161518
underrated post.
>>
i always sirachi the fuck out of cheap frozen pizza. yes, digorno and freshetta qualifies
>>
>>8161389
Red chili flakes toasted in a little olive oil with some black pepper.

Vinegar based hot sauces like tobacco will fuck up the entire flavor profile of your sauce.
>>
File: gm.jpg (40KB, 261x679px) Image search: [Google]
gm.jpg
40KB, 261x679px
>>8161389

Gravy Master. Like 1/4 teaspoon. Seriously.
>>
>>8161389

Wait, did you write SPICE UP or IMPROVE? Fuck.
>>
>>8161389
Cream cheese. 3 tbsp
>>
>>8161389
Nice replies from American posters but as usual they completely miss the point when it comes to cooking.

You do not flavour the spaghetti at all, that's what the sauce is for . . .don't forget that the pasta is the main bulk part of the dish!
>>
for spice use italian blend, or basil oregano, couple flakes of thyme. Heat you can add cayenne, red pepper flakes. Tangy you use vinegar or white wine vinegar, if it needs sweetness, white sugar.
>>
tabasco is just vinegar desu

put some habanero in the sauce
or something hotter, depends on taste
>>
>>8161389
crushed red pepper
>>
>>8161563
How the fuck did it take so long for someone to mention this? Weird. But yes, red pepper is the only answer.
>>
>>8162299
This guy knows.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.