[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

staple meals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

What kind of meals do you most often cook for yourself? I have a pretty solid rotation of dishes but lately I've been getting kind of bored of it.

I usually make stir fries, fajitas, and stews (including chilli, curry, and adobo) because they're quick and easy, versatile dishes that you can cook with a lot of different cuts of meat and vegetables. Aside from that I often make steak and chips and roast chicken/chicken pieces and chips.
>>
File: fajita.jpg (45KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
fajita.jpg
45KB, 650x488px
>>
Stuffed peppers are a great way to get non meat protein. Good way to fit in Quinoa.
Seafood tacos are also great for this. Salads with many different types of greens and eight ounces or less of grilled meat also makes a great meal. Think greens first unless you're a career lifter
>>
>>8159014

Dried beans and sausage / bacon / ham, cornbread, mashed potatoes, various casseroles, chicken spaghetti, burritos, sandwich wraps, stir fries, curries, soups, salmon croquettes, chicken fried stead / steak fingers... It mostly depends on what sort of meat I can find as to what I end up cooking.
>>
I almost always make some kind of noodle or rice dish, typically something Asian, particularly Viet or Jap. Asian food is comfort food and I don't really feel completely satisfied unless it is asian.
>>
kraft mac n cheese
frozen gyoza - boiled
scrambled eggs
garden salad
kale smoothie
baked chicken breast
yogurt
toast with spread
sirloin steak
misc fruit

thats about all i eat these days

r8 me
>>
>>8159014
Curry with chopped up sausages and frozen vege or rice

Salads

Soup
Plain roasted veges
>>
>>8159329
>boiled gyoza
Why
Steam them dude
>>
>>8159393

i dont have a steamer/takes way longer to steam from frozen.
>>
>>8159014
Picadillo. I'll make one big batch and use it for a bunch of dishes (Tacos, nachos, burritos, etc.) throughout the week when I'm feeling lazy.

>1 Onion, diced
>1 Bell Pepper, diced
>2 Cloves garlic, minced

Oil up a pan and fry these up a bit, then add

>2-3 potatoes (preferably Yukon Gold, but Russets are fine) 3/4" dice

Cook until brown and add

>2lb 80/20 ground beef
>Salt, pepper, cumin
>1 can petite diced tomatoes and juice
>1 Tbsp white vinegar
>1/2C water

Simmer for 15-30 minutes, or until the liquid is mostly gone
>>
>>8159014
I make almost the exact same stuff. Quesadillas, grilled cheese, chilli, various egg/potato hashes. Chicken + whatever vegetable I havelying around. I don't know what else there is to make that's easy and tasty without spending a lot of money for prime ingredients.
>>
For breakfast I have a smoothie of:
-300g greek yogurt (0% fat)
-11g flaxseed, ground
-20g almonds (activated obviously kek)
-30g old-fashioned rolled oats
-1 whole banana (peeled of course, use the peels to slow down other drivers on the road)
-some water so the texture isn't concrete mix

I throw it all in the blender cup thing the night before so the oats and almonds hydrate properly overnight. I never want to eat in the morning but I've found this is a great way to get nutrition and not feel like I'm dying 4 hours after I wake up.

I generally taste whatever recipes myself and other cooks at work are developing throughout the day, and I work 6-7 days a week. Generally I'll have a bowl of beans and rice at some point to keep me going and avoid all the incredibly unhealthy shit we serve in the restaurant. If I'm at home I get a sub from Publix usually.

For dinner I almost always have grilled chicken breast, broccoli/spinach/peas/brussels sprouts, brown rice or lentils, about 15g olive or coconut oil, and an apple or banana.

If I'm up late on a day off I sometimes get hungry, if I do I'll have some Roquefort or Stilton as a snack but that's pretty rare these days. Honestly I'm pretty happy with my diet; doesn't sound exciting but everything is good quality. I fucking love green veggies so I usually eat a pound or so with dinner to get in them nutrients, and I taste a huge variety of stuff at work so I'm never met with temptation due to boredom.
>>
>>8159530
nice activated almonds faggot
>>
>>8159532
Thanks buddy
>>
that spacky frog face op posted always makes me laugh
>>
>>8159411
Takes maximum 10 minutes to steam from frozen. Do it proper, its ez.
>>
>>8159014
general tso's
everyday
>>
>>8159411

Why not just fry them? 3 minutes in a bit of oil, plus an extra with a few tablespoons of water, covered with a lid.
>>
>>8161347

*an extra 2 minutes
>>
Chicken stir fry.
Cabbage stew
Spaghetti bolonegse
Bastardized chilli
Tuna steaks.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.