[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Industry General - Dishbitch Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: Unsung Hero.jpg (59KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
Unsung Hero.jpg
59KB, 440x330px
Shout out to all the lads working in the sink

Tell us about your kitchen porter?

Whats your restaurants special this week?

Make anything good?

Biggest disaster of the week?
>>
>Tfw dishbitch at my university dining hall

Technically I guess I do front of house shit instead so technically not, but close enough. Sometimes they even let me bake cookies (which is about 10x more satisfying than wiping tables)
At least they pay well and my dorm is right next to where I work...
>>
I worked as a dishwasher at a small Italian restaurant for like 2 months. Easily my least favorite job ever. The radio was always on one station that played the same 20 or so classic rock hits on repeat. The cook never shut the fuck up about inane bullshit like his character in some RPG game he was playing. It's wet, dirty, pays nothing, and you have to stand in one place all day. During downtime you have to do the bitch work like cleaning bathrooms, dumping grease traps, breaking down boxes, and other stuff while the waiters get to watch TV. Working in a warehouse was 100x better.
>>
>>8158660
If you had managed to ride out the 3rd month you would have realised its the easiest job in the kitchen and all the chef will love you for it. The chefs i was with had top quality banter though
>>
Porter at my job is some bitch ass 18 year old named Jesus. Steals all our fucking lexans. Leaves frozen shit out and plays loud, disgusting mariachi music on his phone while he walks around.
>>
>>8158646
every consecutive statement you make takes you further away from being a dishbitch
>>
File: Killmeplease.png (20KB, 139x114px) Image search: [Google]
Killmeplease.png
20KB, 139x114px
>tfw 26 and working as a dishbitch
>tfw work mostly with mexicans
>tfw have to listen to shitty mariachi every open and every close
>tfw one of the mexicans wacks off in the bathroom all the time

At least I get free food every shift and and we have some good seafood
>>
>>8158669
this. if u ride out a gig everyone in the kitchen will probably love u
>>
>>8158777
just make sure you are asking what the chefs are making and take an interest in the food so when they need a new commi chef they look towards you.
>>
Dishbitch at my work is a lazy 20 something year old that doesn't have his lisence. He's always asking people for rides home and drinking everbodies soda. just started working at this place like a month and a half ago, but I can already tell everyone hates him for being so shit at his job.
>>
>>8158777
>I'm almost thirty and everyone I graduated with is doing better than me
>WAAAAAAAAAHHH I have to hear Spanish on the radio for a couple hours
>>
File: 1446762576956.jpg (29KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1446762576956.jpg
29KB, 500x667px
>>8159331
lol relax tough guy
>>
>>8158646
I did the same thing in college. Learn as much as you can and try to get on the line. I graduated working as a line cook and worked as a cook for 2 years before finding work in my field.

Theres worse places to be as a student. Also, raid the fuck outta the walk in and get an electric skillet/hotpot if you dont have a dorm kitchen.
>>
>>8158848
What's a commi chef?
>>
File: 094905_laff.jpg (17KB, 265x300px) Image search: [Google]
094905_laff.jpg
17KB, 265x300px
>>8160433
What doi you think he mean't, retard?
>>
File: green_hammer_sickle1.png (322KB, 469x362px) Image search: [Google]
green_hammer_sickle1.png
322KB, 469x362px
>>8160462
>>
>>8160462
I thought this, you fuckin turd burglar.
>>8160495
>>
>>8158635
>Shout out to all the lads working in the sink
thx breh. they've got me covering garde manger this week but i'm normally a dish dog.

>Tell us about your kitchen porter?
the PORTER is a filipino dude. seems cool, likes to play pickup b-ball.

>Whats your restaurants special this week?
shrimp everything, forever. or until it's gone.

>Make anything good?
candied walnuts

>Biggest disaster of the week?
got 3 loaves of scrap bread out of the freezer for croutons. 1 sheet tray. it's enough for probably half of next week. 20 minute job, right? easy. still have to do chives, snap peas, LTO and pad thai sets before my break before service. it's 9:30, my break starts at 10:30.
executive chef walks by, says 'oh do we have any more of that?' i'm like 'uh, let's check.'
whole fucking trashcan full of it. he says 'ok so just cut in half and run through the autoslicer. break apart into rustic chunks. you don't have to waste time on dice for these.'
so i slice down all this bread and start ripping it up and tossing it in oil and seasoning. he walks by again and says 'oh, no. no. just bake the slice like this and break up after it's baked. much easier!' so i season and pan up all this bread - seven fucking sheet trays of it - and start cooling it to break up. i now have 15 minutes until my break. i jam out sandwich sets and chives, then my supervisor comes over with the hotline guy and sends me on break. they conquer all but one sheet tray of croutons while i'm on break and when i get back to my station he says 'who told you to do all these fucking croutons? the exec? fuck, ok. well, just don't ever do it like this again. not this way, not this many. like, just don't. i mean do it HIS way if he's here but just so you know if you do it like this again i'll kill you.'
>>
>>8160433
commis is a junior cook. the lowest rung of the production ladder.
>>
File: 1410490011504.jpg (67KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
1410490011504.jpg
67KB, 535x577px
>>8158635
Super Dishbitch here!
>always picking up shifts and covering people
>no one lasts so it's normal for me to be the only bitch there for a few days
>60-70 hours easy
>last week I broke my wrist skating to work
>called and explained I would be late
>gm thought I meant I wasn't going to make it until I showed up after the cast was set
>closed the place alone on a Saturday night and hit my current pr for closing time
>tfw of all the things I could have been great at, it was dishwashing
>>
>>8162676
Based top lad.

Would make sure gets a great staff meal/10
>>
>>8162676

And you get nothing for it
>>
If I pass my drug test I'll be starting as a dishwasher Saturday. I'm a hard worker so I won't mind having to bust ass when necessary. Anything else I should be prepared for? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>8162936
Wet balls at the end of your shift. I usually go home commando
>>
File: dat ass.png (167KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
dat ass.png
167KB, 540x304px
>>8162676
dat OT though
>>
>>8163026
I'll ask mom to pack me some spare undies with my lunch.
>>
>>8162936
always carry two dry towels and ALWAYS assume everything is HOT

>>8162676
my mans
>>
>>8163217
i would say always lay one dry towel over the top of the dish machine. The heat will keep it dry and ready to wipe your hands when you have to.

Obviously, dont be afraid to ask the chefs questions when they are not getting fucked
>>
>>8162936
Fromer Top Dishbitch here, and would probably still be one if my boss hadn't gotten fired for stealing from the company and his replacement didn't respect my authroitah. Here's my advice.
> Do your job
Dish washing is easy as shit and they can easily hirer a tard to do your job
> Do not mix cleaning chemicals
One of my coworkers did this and made chlorine gas and burned the shit out of her lungs, she now gets pneumonia all the time
> Soak the harder to clean pans and invest in a paint scraper if one isn't provided for you
Baked on eggs and cheese are a bitch to get off otherwise
> Do not hunch over the sinks
Put something in the water so that you don't have to stay hunched, I didn't know this and I nearly ruptured a disk because I was in the same hunched over position for to long
>>
>>8162936

What dishwash job requires a drug test?
>>
>>8162871
>tfw no shift meals just a discount
>>8162901
Absolutely nothing
>>8163033
Except for ot which is dank
>>8163217
Or just scream at the cooks until they learn to give you a heads up for hot shit
>>
>>8163501
Pretty much every job requires a drug test now
>>
I work in a "cafe" on campus, and I occasionally do the dishes. I'm mainly working the register/front counter though. It's a pretty low stress job tho. The biggest disaster this week was when we brought out a nice new steaming hot pan of lasagna, set it down, and some dipshit drops a quarter in it. Had to throw the whole thing away.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.