[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You cannot build a pansauce in a nonstick pan Is this true?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

>You cannot build a pansauce in a nonstick pan

Is this true?
>>
yes
no fond
>>
>>8158347
You really want a good sear, so yeah, nonstick isn't ideal since you shouldn't be using high heat.
>>
>>8158361

But the stuff that would make the fond doesn't just magically disappear in a nonstick pan.
>>
TODAY ONE CONTESTANT IS GOING TO BE COOKING THEIR FOOD

ON THE FLOOR!
>>
>using teflon coated pans while claiming to be a food enthusiast

What is wrong with you people?
>>
>>8158370
no, it sticks to the food rather than the bottom of the pan. are you retarded?
>>
>>8158391
Will he ever make a good tv show again?
>>
>>8158538

Riiiiight? Good Eats was the shits and tits.
>>
>>8158538
I get the feeling he'll be winding down cutthroat soon. He's written a new book and he's doing a broadway science-y cooking show, so he might start another project soon. His youtube presence has been growing, and I wouldn't mind him doing a webseries.

I hope he just finds a way to distribute good eats in a way that isn't fucking expensive. My extremely low-res torrent collection is a little frustrating at times.
>>
>>8158446
Let me guess, you're one of those cast iron or bust fags?
>>
>>8159288
Stainless steel, queer fag

You better watch your gabber about cast iron too, mate. Both are inarguably better than your cheap aluminum chemical-imbued abortions
>>
If you want to whisk in butter, you can't, because a whisk will fuck up teflon.
>>
>>8158955
Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Will think about going.

http://www.altonbrowntour.com/shows/new-york-city
>>
>>8158370

It doesn't come to be in the first place, thus it doesn't dissipate into the sauce
>>
>>8159395
>implying
limiting yourself to two types of cookware tells me that you're the one who's the fucking casual here. nonstick cookware has its place in the kitchen, as does cast iron, stainless, aluminum, copper, etc. they all have different strengths and as a result are good for different applications.
>>
>>8159795
>having 6 different sets of pots and pans
>>
>>8161335
>Only having one pan you cook everything in.
>>
>>8159795
All I really need is a nonstick skillet. The rest is stainless w/ aluminum core, and a cast iron dutch oven and one pan.

I went through my kitchen and tore everything out of it last weekend, piled everything I didn't need in a laundry basket, took it to Goodwill. Everything is so much easier now. Didn't realize I had so much shit I didn't use.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.