[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soup recipes without stock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1464832076440.jpg (216KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1464832076440.jpg
216KB, 1024x768px
My throat is killing me, and I've been surviving on miso soup with loads of ginger for the last few days. Yesterday I ran out of miso paste and I need to find a substitute that doesn't require stock since I don't have any and I can't go to the store because diseased. I have loads of spices but not a lot of vegetables. Any advice?
>>
>>8157818

>need food
>can't go to the store

Um, maybe get delivery?
>>
>>8157884
No delivery where I live :/
>>
>>8157818
can you not put on a dust mask and make sure you've washed your hands?
>>
>>8158098
I can barely get out of bed atm, so no. Plus the store is 40 minutes drive from my house.
>>
>>8157818
You know that you can make stock with vegetables?
>>
>>8157818
Ask your neighbors for some bones to make some stock even better yet check the garbage bags for some bones and cartilage might still find bits of meat attached to it if you're lucky
>>
>>8158153
>I have loads of spices but not a lot of vegetables

>>8158192
>>8153678
>>
>>8157818
brotip: if you have ramen in the house, you have stock
it may not be great stock but it's better than nothing and can be doctored with spices to be acceptable
>>
>>8158206
Nice tip. I don't have any in the house though :/
>>
>>8157818
Got any frozen chicken? It'll be a shitty stock compared to something with more bones but if you simmer any kind of meat long enough you can make a weak stock, then just mix the remaining meat that's now flavourless and jelly like with BBQ sauce and freeze to eat when you're better.

Salt, ginger, garlic, any meat, hard simmer for like 2ish hours and it's passable at least.
>>
>>8157818
Mushrooms, onion and root veg can make a decent stock.
>>
Since you seem to have fuck-all, why don't you help us out and tell us what you do have? You aren't going to make a soup only with spices.
>>
Do you have egg? You can try and make a variation of an egg drop soup.
>>
Autumn soup, if you have a stray can of tomatoes, some root veggies and ground beef?
>>
Cook up some garlic, onions, and other vegetables, season, and puree it with hot water.
>>
File: jack_restaurant.png (233KB, 666x1101px) Image search: [Google]
jack_restaurant.png
233KB, 666x1101px
Just make a garbage stew
>>
>>8157818
>I've been surviving on miso soup

miso soup isnt food. Its basically just hot flavoured water.

eat some real fucking food.
>>
>>8160350
it's high in protein and salt tho

great for causing kidney problens
>>
File: 1470638686599.jpg (38KB, 639x358px) Image search: [Google]
1470638686599.jpg
38KB, 639x358px
>>8160341
Ooh I think I'll start with the Macaroni and Mayo, followed by the Nuwave Oven Pro Plus Pulled Pork Sandwiches. I've heard great things about chef scalfani's claw fork display! Oh and please bring the desert menu when we're finished, I've been eyeing Aunt Myrna's Party Cheese Salad on the desert cart since we arrived!
>>
>>8157818
Chives or green onions (chives grow wild in a lot of places) chopped up and added. Wild white clover is edible as well. Violet leaves are wild and edible, as is lamb's quarters and purslane. This requires you to step outside but only for a minute if you know what you're looking for.

Otherwise you better hope you've got some eggs or tuna or canned beans or rice or something to boil in the soup and add bulk to it. Starving yourself while sick isn't the most brilliant plan. Whatever vegetables you do have, add them. Your substitute for miso paste is any kind of allium, some salt, and tomato paste or sauce. Or use soy sauce. If you have onion powder, paprika, and oregano, that'll work as your substitute.
>>
>>8160341
I made Aunt Myrna's party cheese salad once, ama
>>
File: 1433023328015.gif (2MB, 356x400px) Image search: [Google]
1433023328015.gif
2MB, 356x400px
> Banana in soup
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.