[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gas Cooktops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Dispatcher.jpg (1MB, 2400x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Dispatcher.jpg
1MB, 2400x2500px
Hey /ck/, just hoping to get your opinions on this. I have an electric cooktop at the moment, and a gas line already runs to my house, so I want to switch out my electric for gas.

Question is, which should I get? Any opinions welcome.
>>
>>8157575
Gas. I cant stand electric. Gas is way more professional
>>
>>8157579
No no, I want gas 100% for sure. I meant which gas cooktop should I purchase.

Sorry for confusion.
>>
>>8157575
Depends on how much money you want to spend. Top tier would be something like Viking or Wolf
>>
>>8157575
You'll probably want an electrician to come out and change the 240v circuit to 120v. Have a ball valve installed at the gas line. Tell them what model of oven you're buying, and they'll pick you out a flex hose and a flare coupling. You'll want to get teflon tape to connect the appliance coupling (included with your oven) to the regulator. Do NOT put sealant/teflon where the flex hoses attach to the couplings. If you can't do that, then just have someone come out and install it for you, numale trash.

As for features, just make sure you get something with 10,000+ BTUs or higher. Some ovens will have a 5k BTU burner for simmering, but fuck that. I want all four burners to have the same output. Electric ignition is nice, and will require a 120v outlet.
>>
>>8157604
with the cafe series he posted the simmering burner is very necessary. you cannot turn the larger burners down low enough to simmer without burning shit without them going out. no idea if this is a problem with all of their models but it's certainly an issue with the larger burners on mine. the dual flame burners are pretty handy.
>>
>>8157604
WTF has 240/120 VAC got to do with gas? I've had gas cookers my whole life and they run off gas alone. The ignition runs off a 1.5V D cell battery that lasts a whole fucking decade.
>>
>>8157763
Some use outlets for monitoring stuff like flameouts.
>>
>>8157763
If he has electric, then he almost certainly has 240v. If the oven and range both have electric ignition, a thermostat, clock/timer, etc. then he will need 120v.
>>
>>8158080
It's a cooktop, oven is completely separate.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.