[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT : Underrated dishes from your country Aguachile.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 10

File: vv.jpg (122KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
vv.jpg
122KB, 1000x750px
ITT : Underrated dishes from your country

Aguachile.
>>
File: 1455707066105.jpg (400KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1455707066105.jpg
400KB, 1600x1200px
>>
File: manclam.jpg (1MB, 2464x1632px) Image search: [Google]
manclam.jpg
1MB, 2464x1632px
Manhattan-style clam chowder. I've never met anyone who hasn't panned it, and I don't necessarily think it's better than New England style, but I really love Manhattan style chowder.
>>
>>8156647
Looks good. Is that octopus?
>>
File: pf1-big2.jpg (108KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
pf1-big2.jpg
108KB, 800x600px
the humble sausage roll
>>
>>8156825
I'm -from- New England and I love both kinds of chowder, that's the kind of sentiment that will get you strung up by the balls in Boston though. Clams and tomato just go so well together though, it's very savory.
>>
>>8156825
Dats sum gud 'go 'za der famalamadingdong xD
>>
>>8156895
kill yourself you cocksucking faggot
>>
>>8156875
I think it's honestly been over 5 years since I had a sausage roll. That seems to long but I'm trying to remember the last time I had them and coming up blank.

Good sausage roll is great, though. Just can't bring myself to get one over a pie when I go to a bakery.
>>
File: 1454217055793.jpg (12KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1454217055793.jpg
12KB, 250x247px
>>8156899
No you!
>>
This shit right here.

Not that it's necessarily an underrated food, but there aren't any restaurants that do it right. They're always fucking around with it. I get there's culinary innovation, but some things are good enough on their own.
>>
>>8156909
Is cornbread a side to a savoury meal or a sweet dessert?

I can never figure out. It's like semi-sweet cake.
>>
>>8156910
It would help if you weren't a limp wristed yankees faggot
>>
>>8156910
Cornbread itself was originally its own meal. After being taken from Native Americans, it was chuck wagon food because it was so easily preserved to take on long journeys and... Well. It's cornbread. Corn's fucking everywhere, this is the shit middle and working class ate. Anyway, it was eaten alongside beans, coffee, and occasionally some kind of beef or bacon if it was preserved properly. Or it was a meal on its own.

Cornbread used as a sweet dish is a recent thing. Honey and cornbread wasn't common back then if it was used at all. The combination isn't necessarily bad, but it's not traditional.

When I was little, my mom used to make me cornbread with milk poured over it. I liked it that way because of the sweetness, but now I prefer it as a savory thing. I usually eat it by itself.
>>
>>8156932
Cornbread isn't Yankee food, you tool, it's from Native Americans. Lots of corn-based foods are because corn and maize was fucking everywhere.
>>
>>8156895
>>8156907
This is why newfags shouldn't post on /ck/

We actually talk about food, not memes
>>
>>8156938
>I have zero reading comprehension

We all gathered that, dipshit
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>8156938

the idea of sugaring it up is a yankee thing though
>>
>>8156961
>'go'za.jpg

Gets me every time lol!
>>
>>8156910
>Is cornbread a side to a savoury meal or a sweet dessert?

In my experience it's generally a side for BBQ....if you go to any BBQ place you will be served cornbread in the same fashion Italian themed places will serve bread sticks or steakhouses will serve rolls

I think it's big with soul food as well
>>
>>8156906
Yeah, I find that for the price pies are usually a better deal. But I still get a sausage roll at least once every week or two from the bakery at my uni.
>>
>>8156939
We do have a few retarded spammers though, and always have. /ck/ is a relatively unmoderated board and you kind of have to self-filter.
>>
>>8157005
Sausage rolls are one of those weird comfort foods that you occasionally have an entirely irrational craving for and nothing else will do. They're not as readily available in my country, but I have actually drove several miles to the big indoor market toward the center of my city just to grab a couple of sausage rolls from the Irish/British bakery there. I end up buying groceries and stuff, but I know the real reason I went.
>>
>>8156939
>go za meme
>new

Sounds like you're the newfag...this shits been going on for the last like three years brah
>>
File: sękacz-_home.gif (49KB, 361x260px) Image search: [Google]
sękacz-_home.gif
49KB, 361x260px
>>8156647

This. It's not underrated but somehow people forgot about this cake. And it's like god tier shit.

The name: Sękacz. Traditional cake from Germany, popular in Poland/Lithuania.
>>
>>8157052
Fuck off, this meme started getting forced only about a year ago and retards have been spamming it since.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.