[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pls help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Lightning_sprites.jpg (34KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lightning_sprites.jpg
34KB, 800x600px
Alright, /ck/. I have 100 dollars to spend. I need to make a "slightly" romantic dinner for my girlfriend on Thursday. Nothing fancy or anything. I also need it to be something 'fairly' simple, and something that can be made in a two hour span. Also, if you have any wine recommendations, or romantic dinner recommendations -- such as atmosphere -- I'd greatly appreciate it. I may even propose to her, but I haven't decided. She loves most food, so no restrictions. I am of average cooking skill, and love working with food. Please, hit me with what I got. I don't get a lot of chances to cook for her, and I want to impress.

Pic unrelated
>>
You could remake the first meal you ever had together. Even if it's just pizza or chicken soup, it's familiar. Comfy is sometimes the best kind of romantics.
>>
>>8156638
I agree. But she's tired of pizza, and even soup. I try to be romantic and order comfort food for us to eat at our house while we watch whatever Netflix has to offer, or just eat it at the table and talk to each other. She doesn't like it. She really prefers when I cook, and I want to put in the extra effort in this meal and surprise her and make it slightly more romantic.

Plus, I don't think we remember the first meal we ate together. We went out with our circle of friends a lot, together but before we started talking or even dating, so I have no idea what our first meal together was. I can't even remember what our first meal ALONE was when we were dating. I remember a long time back, right when we started dating, that she loved when I made 'cheesy eggs'. Basically shredded cheese, eggs, Lawry's Seasoning Salt, and pepper, served with ORange juice. She remembers that fondly, but I don't know if she'd like a dinner based around that.
>>
>>8156624
Op make risotto, bitches love risotto and its super easy
>>
>>8156664
My imouto doesn't like risotto.
>>
herb crusted lamb chops

sweet potato mash
or
roast sweet potatoes with quinoa and currants (plump those bitches)

sautee some spinach on the side or lightly dressed arugula

skip the wine straight to whiskey
>>
>>8156654
Well, if you're going to be super duper mushy and do pop the question, I'd say make the eggs. The fact that you're tying it into a pleasant memory will mean more to her than any other meal. She won't remember that you made eggs when you proposed, she'll remember that you made one of her favorite things and that you thought of her. If you want to make an entire dinner out of it, say that you're serving her four or five courses and then serve the eggs last.

But that's with the intent of proposing. If you decide not to and fix the intent on just cooking, get as fancy as you can while still making something good. For some reason lamb is really popular with romantic dinners. Other red meat varieties, too. People also tend to think Italian food is romantic. Maybe something with seafood, shrimp and pasta with some kind of sauce is popular. A lot of romantic food is taking comfort foods like proteins and starches and then making it look pretty.
>>
>>8156624
Get
> Arborio rice
> Parm cheese
> Heavy whipping cream
> Cheap white wine
> Yellow onion
> Garlic
> Kosher salt
> Water

First brunoise the onion and mince the garlic. In a decent sized bowl whip cream till stiff peaks. Sweat onion and garlic in a large pot, cook till translucent, there should be no color on garlic or onion at all. Add desired amount of rice, roast rice till it's absorbed all the liquid in the pan but has zero color on it. Add white wine to deglaze the pan.
Fill pan with water till rice and water are at the same level. Stir constantly and making sure to add water when it gets to low. Once at desired tenderness fold in whip cream. Add cheese and salt to taste. Then wine and dine your lady with a beautiful risotto and make sweet love after op.
>>
>>8156624
Im sorry op, I failed you and I wrote a recipe for you :(
>>
>>8156682
>>8156684
After these two replies, I'm definitely going to go with lamb. Doing the courses, with the eggs at the last is a really good idea. I really might propose just because of how much she'd love that if I did that. Thank you so much.

Also, know that >>8156682 mentioned it, I might just do whiskey instead of wine. She'd love that even more. Thanks for the idea.

My main issue is, I've never cooked lamb before. Any tips?
>>
>>8156687
Holy shit, she would go fucking nuts over something like that. Oh my god, /ck/ you're gonna make my girlfriend literally go crazy with your good ideas.
>>
Also, any recommendations on music? I have a bluetooth stereo, and I'm thinking of playing some music. The issue is that I'm a fuckign savage and listen to nothing but rap. Her music tastes are really bland, and she mainly just enjoys everything.
>>
File: 1448013384030s.jpg (1KB, 70x125px) Image search: [Google]
1448013384030s.jpg
1KB, 70x125px
feed her your dick through a hole in the wall
>>
>>8156727
igotchu senpai
>>
File: 1426260424573.gif (995KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1426260424573.gif
995KB, 500x500px
>>8156727
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_-Qtz70_z4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJZsU2kAkfE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m38g4L1U0rc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJia5l1M-Mc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHeVIFF-Yk8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af6k9HyFiic
>>
>>8156759
You know what? Fuck it. I'll do it. I'll put this shit on a playlist, minus the 10 hour verison thing, and see how she responds. I'll do it.
>>
File: 1366529624062.jpg (72KB, 638x504px) Image search: [Google]
1366529624062.jpg
72KB, 638x504px
>>8156767
>>
>>8156776
She's as normie as it can be when it comes to anything. But fuck it. I'm going to follow /ck/ blindly. I would post some proof, but it'd hard to do. It'll be slightly funny to see how she reacts. I most likely won't propose though.
>>
>>8156710
> tips
it's much more tender than even veal. have a care on your time/temps
>>
>>8156784

this is lamb chop anon

I repeat

do not follow blindly into the darkness

do not follow whiskey into the whiskey

and dont play that weebshit for your gal if you want her to respect you. this is coming from a closet weeb tyvm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HQqXllXpfQ

mac got yo back
>>
>>8156784
You only have one chance to do this in your life.
Don't listen to Dr. Reason over here >>8156804
>>
>>8156818
Dr Reason to have another smoke

might have just ruined this poor guys date fml

why cant food just be relaxed why is there always yelling
>>
A bowl of eggs
>>
>>8156624
keep it simple and bake a salmon. you don't need to herb crust it or anything. salt, pepper, lemon juice, thyme and you're good. potatoes and asparagus are pretty easy sides that will go with it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.