[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Student food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: poorasfuckfood.jpg (133KB, 900x410px) Image search: [Google]
poorasfuckfood.jpg
133KB, 900x410px
So what did /ck/ eat during university/college? Give recipes if you feel like it as im pretty sure my pot noodle and chicken diet is going to kill me soon.
>>
>>8154939
I lived almost exclusively off bagged salad, tesco meal deals, green tea and cheap beer.

Supplemented with a lot of Greek yoghurt, skyrr and anything I found in the reduced section of tesco.
>>
>>8154948
Would you say that it was healthy, by student standards ofcourse?
>>
Actual mashed potatoes with cream or butter is easy.
Boil water in the nukebox.
Add the potatoes.
Boil in the microwave again.
Drain.
Lid the container you boiled the potatoes in and let them finish cooking by the steam of their own residual heat.
Mash the potatoes and whip in butter or cream.
Salt to taste.

I had that with either smoked sausage or hamsteak and either buttered spinach or buttered Brussels sprouts from time to time.

Fakemeout microwave pilaf made with instant rice tasted quite nice.

Made curry in the microwave a handful of times.

Usually, I just cooked in the shared kitchen and reheated leftovers in my dorm. Either that or I at in the canteen, campus restaurant or had take away/delivery whenever there was a get together/party.
>>
My go to meal was pasta with a sauce of canned tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, zucchini, canned tuna or salmon, sometimes mushrooms, garlic and a whole bunch of spices.

Put enough vegetables in it and you'll have a sauce that lasts for days, costs very little per day, is quite healthy, and tastes nice (I think). It's one day of effort (mostly cutting), and then some days lazily reheating.
>>
>>8154964
Definitely, lots of veg and protein and no ready meals, except sandwiches. I lost about three stone and ate two meals a day max to pay for video games and nights out.

I got a 2:2 aswell, so don't follow my awful advice.
>>
>>8154939
Fuck off and go out fresher
>>
>>8154987
Tuesday night is gay night here so fuck that
>>
>>8154939
In the dorms I lived on cafe food which was all cooked by students and wasn't half bad. When I moved into some off-campus housing I learned how to actually cook with simple ingredients.

By simple ingredients I mean grape nuts + yogurt for breakfast, and stuff like rice (fried or just cooked), veggies, deli sandwiches, chicken roasts, spagetti + sauce, etc. and their leftovers for lunch and dinner. Eventually I started figuring out how to recycle stuff like celery ends & chicken bones for making stock which added some more options.

If you have a kitchen go torrent some cooking textbook like "Professional Cooking" (a TEXTBOOK not a cookbook, so what they use to teach wannabe cooks in trade school) to learn how to perform basic cooking tasks like sauteing or how to cook veggies.

If you don't have a kitchen, you're pretty much fucked and will have to rely on the mess hall unless you're really crafty with a microwave.
>>
File: 635597547348050256.jpg (122KB, 800x1018px) Image search: [Google]
635597547348050256.jpg
122KB, 800x1018px
>>8154939
Only twice a week.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.