[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

soylent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

Has anyone tried the new coffee soylent? thoughts?

I like to put cocoa powder in the powder mix
>>
>>8154696
>memes in advertisements
"no"
>>
Whoever thought to name it "soylent" either is the greatest retard or knows the average consumer is the greatest retard.
>>
>>8154696
Tastes p good but gives me the squirts. I stick to the regular powder and have coffee separately.
>>
>>8154709
Protip: It's not the inventor.
>>
>>8154714
That's probably true.
>>
>soylent thread

literally top 5 worst threads you can make on this shitty site.

fuck yourself and lose your leg to a lawnmower OP
>>
>>8154709
Why exactly? It's a name that comes with some brand recognition built into it.
>>
>>8154740
Brand recognition? You don't know about soylent green, do you? The recognition comes from the product in the movie being processed from human corpses.
>>
>>8154709
>>8154740
>>8154743
doesn't matter t b h

it's marketed towards millennials
>>
>>8154709
>knows the average consumer is the greatest retard

>>8154749
>it's marketed towards millennials
>>
>>8154758
Six of one, half a dozen of another.
>>
>>8154696
My friend mentioned Soylent to me the other day and thought he was joking (because of the whole soylent green thing) but apparently this is real.

Is it any good and worth trying out?
>>
>>8154915
it's worth trying some of the powder as it is the most cost effective thing they sell. Use it in addition to normal food instead of drinking it all the time. it tastes weird (like slightly sweeter pancake batter) at first but I actually grew to like it. it makes you feel a little better but not much. you will also have really nice poops. I stopped using it because it didn't really satisfy my hunger as much as I would like and I was getting headaches(not sure if related to soylent).
>>
>>8154709
Or it's just a bit of dark humor that clearly went over your head.
>>
I've never tried Soylent but I tried Vega One which is different brand of meal replacement shake. It gave me terrible diarrhea so I'm leery to try any others. I switched to bars for breakfast and I've tried different brands and never had that problem.
>>
File: 1472154086300.jpg (12KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1472154086300.jpg
12KB, 251x242px
>>8154696
>Not using freshly ground beans
>>
Look call me crazy but I don't think you call something Soylent without Human being an ingredient.

Probably filled with jizz.
>>
>>8154696
get the FUCK off my cooking board
>>
Absolutely retarded to call a drink soylent
>>
>>8154696
can anyone tried to replicate that?
EU here, how that is tatse?
i can't really eat anything at morning only 2-3 hours after.
>>
>>8154696
Gimmick bullshit, way to waste your money OP
>>
>>8155714
Good thing I'm not poor
>>
>>8154696
I bought a dozen of these for days when I'm pressed for time in the morning. My assumption was that it would simplify my life.
The truth of the matter is that is that it does make it easier to get 400 calories + caffeine + dozens of vitamins into my body in the morning. It's about as efficient as can be. The problem with it is that it doesn't taste very good. It doesn't taste terrible, but it's just not very good. I'm sure there are hacks that some people have come up with to make it taste better, but the whole point of this shit is supposed to be that it's a ready-to-drink all-in-one solution to breakfast+coffee. It should taste better right out of the bottle.
The good news is that it fills you up and makes you feel like you had breakfast and coffee.
Overall I wouldn't recommend it unless they can come out with a version 2 that tastes better.
>>
>>8155069
You give it too much credit. Sorry, creddit.
>>
To be honest "coffiest" is a much worse name.
>>
>>8155947
Huh?
>>
>>8155992
Mm-hmm.
>>
>>8155508
>>8154743
>>8154709

Why?

Id never buy this shit but why is a self aware reference as a product name a bad idea? It seems to be selling well and nobody would think O NO ITS MAED OF PEOPLES? If anything they hear the name and are curious enough to know more.

I'd never buy this shit but seriously if you cant even begin to comprehend the basic ideas behind marketing that they are employing here you are fucking stupid.

>>8155981
agreed, that part is dumb.
>>
>>8156007
Soylent was literally made out of dead people due to overpopulation and shortages of food
When the people died in the book Soylent Green, they went to be processed and broken down because there wasn't enough food to go around.

The government did this secretly in the book and the overpopulation was so bad that the price of normal goods shot through the roof and there were riots in the street where the streets were so full that people broke the glass of the shops on the side and actually sliced people to death on the shards of glass from the windows on the side. Then other people rushed over that and got what food they could from the shops.

Basically you don't know what happened in the book, having never read it, so you don't understand why people are a little repulsed by calling your food soylent
>>
>>8156031
Are you sure that you read the book
>>
>>8156031
>Basically you don't know what happened in the book, having never read it,

Same with most people which is why it is a GOOD marketing name you utter cretin.

It has some subconcious recognition in peoples brains without making the majority think about it
>>
File: too_bad.png (932KB, 1006x573px) Image search: [Google]
too_bad.png
932KB, 1006x573px
I honestly didn't know this many people remembered Soylent Green. Fucking love it, but I always thought it was this obscure thing.
>>
>>8156056
>I honestly didn't know this many people remembered Soylent Green.

They don't. Everybody is reading the wikipedia page to pretend to be well read
>>
>>8156043
it was several years ago ok might have gone a little fuzzy
like 7 or 8 to be honest
>>
>>8156031
>Basically you don't know what happened in the book, having never read it

You've never read the book either. Because in Make Room! Make Room! Soylent is not people that was one of the changes made for the movie Soylent Green.
>>
>>8154709
The name might be the only good thing about it. They knew exactly what they were doing.
>>
>>8156062
Well to be fair I've only ever watched the movie.
>>
>>8156056
Soylent is a common food in futurama. Plebs only know it due to the cartoon
>>
>>8154709

It's not named after Soylent Green, it's named after a similar wonder-product that ISN'T made of in some more obscure science fiction novel I think. Someone asked about it in an interview.
>>
>>8156492
It is named after Soylent Green, it's ironic.

Some will point out that in the novel Soylent Green is based on, soylent is literally product of soy and lentils. The made of people part was an invention for the film.
>>
>>8154707
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.