[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frog Macarons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (110KB, 570x851px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 570x851px
Ive been trying to make macarons but i havent been able to get the texture of the cookie right. Ive done multiple batches. I dont fill them with a filling because im trying to perfect the cookie before getting into filling them. They have the feet but when you bite into one the cookie itself doesnt have the melt in your mouth (although it does have the delicate crunch of the outer skin) also a the cookie keeps getting stuck on the teeth (similar to sugar candy).
>>
>>8154434
too much sugar and not enough air in your meringue
>>
>>8154468
Thanks. I weigh out the ingredients so i dont know if the recipe is off. Im using the joy of baking french macaron recipe.

I whip the meringue to stiff peaks, do i have to whip them past it? Can it be a problem with my folding technique?
>>
I find the cookies to be really hard when fresh. When I add the filling and leave them in he fridge for a couple days they become so soft.
>>
>>8154434
I've never made macarons before but my dad showed me how to make meringues using just beaten egg whites and a minimum of sugar, cooked just until chewy. I bet these things are related. Maybe you're adding too many other fillers to the egg white, or baking it too long?
>>
>>8154434
PRETTY PATTIES
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.