[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Food Service Advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0669.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0669.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I currently work at a Wine Bar & Grill as a bus boy (I'm 19) and I make around $60 off tips and $40 at $6.18 per hour equating to $100 a night. The place is pretty cozy not too busy so it's manageable but I still put 100% effort in overseeing the little things get taken care of. To be honest I really feel like my effort doesn't match my pay so I'm thinking about applying to some Brazilian steakhouses doing the same deal, I think the effort I put in would fit perfectly with that type of restaurant and the pay will reflect that too. Have any other Anons worked at a steakhouse like that? What's the pay like?
>>
>>8153268
I used to work at Blockbuster and I made like $800 a month. You're rich, lucky bastard.
>>
Wait a minute. Since when do bus boys get tips?
>>
>>8154572
We make a certain percentage off house sales. So if we sell $2,000 worth of food that night I get $60

>>8153286
That's one of the reasons I'm avoiding retail, I can't stand still or work for only an hourly rate, I like being in control that I could go above and beyond and make extra that night helping close or working with the bartenders
>>
Busboys get tips?
>>
>>8154968
dude, getting a percentage of the take is a fucking sweet deal and you're an idiot if you pass on that just because you think you can do better, cause let's face it, you're a busboy, one of the most easily replaceable cogs in the machine. don't go getting a swoll head.
>>
I'm a veterinarian Technician and you make as much as I do. Except I work 9 hours a day. And I don't get tips. Seriously bruh, $18 an hour is fucking great
>>
>>8155559
>I'm a veterinarian Technician and you make as much as I do. Except I work 9 hours a day. And I don't get tips. Seriously bruh, $18 an hour is fucking great
Work at a bar once a week as a bartender, and double your income.
>>
>>8155559
No wonder vet techs have some of the highest suicide rates.
>>
>>8153268
Professionalism and attention to details never goes unnoticed. You could get an offer for doing someting more interesting in the same place
>>
>>8154977
Bus Boys STEAL tips. This is really common in the restaurant industry
>>
>>8153268
You make more than 90% of busboys in the USA, I imagine. Getting that much off tips is great. Keep busting your ass and learn as much as you can. Don't leave your job before you've worked the new one for a little while.

I work in the kitchen and usually get about $20 at most per 2 weeks in tips because only one member of the waitstaff actually tips me even though they're all supposed to every day. I guess nobody remembers that I'm actually there (I come in early as fuck because I make all the baked goods. Usually I leave before we even open unless I have weddings/other catering jobs). Meanwhile, the sushi chef up front gets his own tip jar and makes $200+ per night in tips plus his hourly wage, plus a share of the waitstaff's tips. Whatever, at least I don't have to deal with all the kitchen drama and I get to make my own schedule.
>>
Lolol op I'm a sous at a restaurant and you make as much as I do. Trust me stick it out and I'm sure good things will come your way
>>
Thanks everyone, I guess I'll stay. I just thought I'd earn more if I applied downtown Chicago since I've been told I have enough experience (3 years) and energy for it. I'll see what happens here it's a quaint little place and with the other bus boy we're the second longest employees here and we aren't making as much as we've used to since business has been super slow this year.
>>
I work in a place thats similar to chipotle. I work in a family owned place, but is still successful enough to hire employees. Its a new place, about three months old, and has been getting more popular.

The way I see it is that I treat customers like Im meeting a new friend. If the place wants customer service, then might as well actually have fun talking to the customer and being helpful. I see it as making new friends while getting paid. Just be yourself and be real with them. Also I get pretty decent tips every night, but not enough to get an hourly wage below minimum.
>>
File: 1466392607696.png (17KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1466392607696.png
17KB, 370x370px
>>8153268
my property has 'server assistants' rather than bussers. they are tipped out 10% off gratuity per server.
i just watched some stupid ho with 'moderately attractive single mom going to college thinks she's entitled to everything' syndrome get fired after throwing a shitfit about it.
>FOHMGR: what you can't tip out ten percent for her doing half your job? thirty bucks? BYE FELICIA.

>mfw
>>
>>8157096
That's what I'm technically called "Server Assistant" I prefer the classic term of a busser. I used to have an entiltled asshole who hated coughing up money at the end of the night even though I ran his drinks, food, reset tables and waters. All he did was take orders and talk to customers. Good thing he left, he's at a brunch diner now kek
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.