[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is ketogenic diet safe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: download (8).jpg (161KB, 1000x1012px) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
161KB, 1000x1012px
Is ketogenic diet safe?
>>
That isn't a keto diet, that's just how you're supposed to eat. Except for the no beans part, what the fuck
>>
>>8153225
Well technically ANY diet is safe until you die from it. Let's stay on the say side. A good diet is one you enjoy.
>>
of course its safe people have lived off of 0 carbs longer than theyve been eating agriculturall produce
>>
>>8153234
>How you're supposed to eat
>no milk
I smell a nonwhite
>>
>>8154933
>0 carbs
>Diet includes vegetables
Retard.
>>
>>8154959
Obviously lol what the fuck
>>
File: 1429941767784.jpg (167KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1429941767784.jpg
167KB, 500x522px
>>8153225

If you're trying to lose weight fast just do intermittent fasting, nigga

Non of that keto shit works
>>
>>8154998
How about you eat normally and get some fucking exercise you fatass fuckwit?
>>
>>8155005

>fatass fuckwit

I'm actually underweight and I barely exercise, you fatty

Go do some more meme diets
>>
>>8155013
is not
>>8154998
I'm guessing you're drunk right now?
>>
>>8154966
>Zero carbs
>Eating anything

everything organic has carbs
>>
>>8153225
Keto works, but it's not exactly ideal since once you have a slip up meal, you have to induce ketogenesis all over again, which can be hard if you go to people's houses or go out to eat with friends. You'll also bloat up if you get off of it.
>>
>>8155130
Half-way house also works for me. I drink shit loads of milk and eat tons of yogurt. Only droppied refined carbs and replaced bread, rice and potatoes with steel-cut oats and quinoa.

My weight keeps dropping steadily on this diet. Full-on keto seems like a recipe for relapse to me.
>>
>>8153225
diet causes heart disease
retards still think
>b...b...but le carbs are bad eat lard for max gains and fat loss lol

:)
>>
Safe to cull the idiots yes
>>
>>8155396
>fat causes heart disease
This meme has been debunked long ago.
>>
File: butter intensifies.png (318KB, 1220x1488px) Image search: [Google]
butter intensifies.png
318KB, 1220x1488px
>>8155467
>mainstream health organizations and doctors are wrong and lying to you just like vaccines and fluoride
>edgy reddit teenagers and fad diet blogs are the real redpills and have the truth
>>
>>8155475
Italians would be dying from heart disease left and right if the saturated fat orthodoxy is correct.

>A 2009 scientific conference hosted by the University of Reading (UK) and organized and facilitated by the International Dairy Federation’s Standing Committee on Nutrition and Health found that despite the contribution of dairy products to the saturated fatty acid intake of the diet, there was no clear evidence that dairy food consumption is consistently associated with a higher risk of CVD.

Nutrition research is underfunded and subject to intense controversy.

This demonizing of specific foods is downright childish. Parroting the orthodoxy of the day doesn't make you anymore credible than the sceptics.

And tell my receading waist line that animal fats, butter and shit are harming my body.
>>
>>8153234
No rice? Tell that to literally all of asia.
>>
>>8155488
Rice-based agriculture used to be really labour intensive. It's one of the the reasons why China fell behind the west. Having to grow those carbs made people thinner.

I wonder how Chinese diets have changed as a result of extensive urbanization and whether obesity has gove up as a result.
>>
>>8155486
>personal experience disproves science
>dairy federation funding research finding their product doesnt kill people despite it actually killing people, i will not question this
get some help, please.

inb4 paleo guru links
>>
>>8155494
obesity has been rising because of meat and oil consumption rising drastically.
>>
>no grains/rice

How are portion sizes with this? Are you hungrier more often and have to snack? Ok to drink beer?

This seems interesting and would look into trying it. I'm not an overweight neckbeard. But for health reasons >carbsarebadmmmkay.jpg I could use something like this. I eat a shit ton of carbs. Don't work out, but I'm 6'0" 165". Thinking about getting a gym membership too. Could be a good balance with that.
>>
>>8155502
no. it's because of sugar.
>>
>>8155486
>Italians would be dying from heart disease left and right if the saturated fat orthodoxy is correct.
#1 cause of death in italy is coronary artery disease

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/country-health-profile/italy

>>A 2009 scientific conference hosted by the University of Reading (UK) and organized and facilitated by the International Dairy Federation’s Standing Committee on Nutrition and Health found that despite the contribution of dairy products to the saturated fatty acid intake of the diet, there was no clear evidence that dairy food consumption is consistently associated with a higher risk of CVD.
...when looking at people who get their calories from refined carbs and sugars instead of dairy. compared to those who eat unsaturated fat or unrefined carbs like whole grains instead, the dairy eaters have increased risk. comparing your product to something equally disastrous for your health is an excellent business strategy big dairy adopted from the tobacco industry

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2016/08/23/ajcn.116.134460.abstract
http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/30/3/427.full

>Parroting the orthodoxy of the day doesn't make you anymore credible than the sceptics.
just like the orthodoxy of evolution, the earth being round, gravity, and atomic theory
>>
>>8154998
I fucking love intermittent fasting.

Weight comes off quick and I feel better, more alert. Maybe some sort of evolutionary function to get you at your best to go find some food.

It's gotta be good for your internal organs too. To give them a break. Especially with all the shit they put on and in food these days.
>>
>>8155486
no....they eat so much of carbs
>>
>>8155511
no need to cut out carbs completely, just reduce them. I usually have net carbs <100g per day.
>>
>>8153225

It is until your blood goes ketoacidotic.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (46KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
46KB, 620x400px
>>8153234
>he doesn't drink milk or eat beans
>>
>>8155502
>>8155526
They're not mutually exclusive

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23551121
>One of the major changes driving the diabetes and obesity epidemic is the rapid nutrition transition that is occurring in Asian countries.137 This includes a shift to higher fat and lower carbohydrate content in the diet, along with increased intake of foods from animal sources, edible oils, and added sugars.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21859664
>The consumption of plant foods has reduced gradually while the consumption of animal food increased
>energy from fat has grown from 19% to 28%, while the energy from carbohydrate has reduced from 71% to 61%
>People, especially young people drink more and more sugar-containing beverages in China
>>
>>8153225
>no rice

Dropped
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.